Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celebrities/sportsmen/sportswomen in Unlikely Places

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The Queen (ours) and King Hussein of Jordan. Not at the same time.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Duran Duran were ahead of me in a queue for boarding a flight at Houston Airport in 2011.

Stood next to Keira Knightley at a gig inside the Concorde 2 a few years back.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
David Frost and Diahann Carroll hopping off a train at Hastings early one Friday evening - looked like they were heading for a cosy weekend...........................
Michelle Fowler (can't remember the actress's name) on Bristol Temple Meads station.
And most bizarrely, Anita Harris waiting in the corridor outside the admin. offices of a factory I used to work at in Gloucester. No, still no idea............!

boik

In the 90s, Chris Eubank handing out signed pics of himself outside a hotel on Brighton seafront - surely I'm not the only one that saw him there.

As a kid - Bob Todd from the Benny Hill show, when I was about 5. He knew my mum as she served him at a pub in Uckfield, and they were chatting in the street. I was pretty oblivious to who it was at the time.

99% of gargoyles look like Bob Todd!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Tess Daly, sat next to my mates wife at a private screening of a new film in Leicester Square quite a few years ago (when they were the 'happiest glamour couple in showbiz') lamenting to the friend sat next to her that 'Vernon had been cheating again..' All came on top a few years later..

I stood behind Gary Wilmot in the queue for Fish & Chips in Blackpool, circa 1982.

Patsy Palmer in a Black Audi A3 on Brighton seafront years ago. Cut right across me, but I let her off as she was pretty damn hot actually.

Was in the lift at Kensington Roof Gardens during the day, doors opened on the top floor, I stepped out and almost knocked Mick Jagger over. He was there for some filmed interview. I did a lot of work at the KRG. The staff/actors from Casualty were all there one night. Strange sharing a dance floor with them!

Stanley Gibbons shop in the Strand. Paul Daniels walked straight into the back of me, looked up, said his trademark "wuh-hooh" and apologised. He was tiny, bless him - I'm 6ft 2.

Warren Barton, in his kitchen. Made a mean cuppa. He was off to the USA to do some coaching.

Stan Collymore, on the end of the phone, asking for advice as he was looking to move to the States also.

Everton defender Iain Moore, in his lounge. Pleasant enough guy, but I think he'd struggle with a crossword in the Beano, if you get my drift.

Tara Palmer Tomkinson walking down the Kings Road. Just saw the tiniest, tightest little backside and was rather focused on that.. then she turned round and I realised who it was.

Jimmy Carr on the train to Eastbourne, in First Class, feverishly typing and clicking on his laptop for the entire journey.

Mark Williams (Fast Show, Harry Potter) buying petrol, his Sunday Newspapers and some flowers at the garage on the A27 just before Lewes. I was in a (borrowed) Sepang Blue brand new Audi R8 V10 right next to him, and they were brand new out then. Everyone was staring. He, quite literally, didn't give a shit.

Robbie Fowler in a Bentley Conti GT on the M6. I said to my passenger "ooh look, that bloke looks like a fat Robbie Fowler!" and laughed. Three seconds later my passenger said "That is a fat Robbie Fowler.."

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was working in a kitchen of a house in Sayers Common, I looked out of the window and saw Jimmy Hill outside a lawn mower shop.

I see Mark Williams ( Fast Show ) gets a few mentions on this thread. I was working in Sussex Square and I opened the front door to go to my van and Mark Williams was standing directly outside on his phone.

Stephen Tomlinson ( actor ) in the foyer of the cinema at the Marina.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Terry Butcher - served us Afternoon Tea, in his lovely Scottish country hotel in 1995. Lovely bloke, didn't mind small talk about football and England / Glasgow Rangers.

Lulu - sat behind her on a flight to Ibiza 1985. I didn't ask for her autograph.

Glenn Murray - down the gym last week.

Paul Simonon - The Clash bassist. My wife met him a few times down here over the last 9 months, whilst looking after a relation of his.

Ron Greenwood - my family met him a few times in about 1980, him wanting to buy a new home from us, down in Brighton.

Ian Dowie - in a Cable Car in Courmayeur (skiing) about 5 years ago. I mentioned his hilarious departure from Selhurst, but he grunted about getting the winning goal against us once. Seemed an arrogant oik.

Peter Grummitt - as a kid I went round his Saltdean house for an autograph. I woke him up from his afternoon nap. But he was fine.

Capt. James Hewitt - lunching outside, in the ski resort of Zermatt in 1999. Didn't even look at us Hoi Polloi.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Zoe Ball in Tomorrow's World video shop Boundary Road, very pretty girl
John McVicar outside 7-Eleven Western Road years back in the early hours of one morning
Martin Keown at Reading train station getting last train back to London
Craig Burley on a train Glasgow to London, spent most of his time in the train buffet

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Dennis Bergkamp on a plane back from Schiphol (wasn't really him as it was my mate with a Bergkamp shirt on as you would never see him at the airport!)

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Henry Cooper was the only other option - you don't get people gargling anymore do you?

Mind you the image of Madonna in Worthing Woolworth's, presumably wearing that pointy Bra thing, will live with me for a while... :lolol:

Madonna used to be a regular around these parts as her and hubby lived on their estate just up the road. Didn't see her personally but knew someone who was her cleaner.

D

Deleted User X18H

Former Beirut hostage John Mcarthy at Dyke Road Park with his daughter in about 2009.

Nice chap started conversation with me before I realised who he was.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Was on the dance floor at Home nightclub Leicester Sq with Harry Enfield at the after party of Kevin & Perry. Also at that gig I bumped into Denise Van Outen who was posing for the paparazzi near one of the dance floors. As I slid past I saw Jamiroqui and struck up a conversation but he was so pissed he just asked me to get him a drink so we could sit and have a chat. Although it was a free bar it was about 4 deep so I decided to move on.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
I met George Best in the bar of the Hotel Samos, Magaluf (sometime in the mid 70s) .. Somewhere I have a signed card.. I was only about 12 and didn't realise I was in the presence of a football god..

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Oh yes, back in 1969 Graham Hill drove over my foot in the Paddock at Oulton Park just before the Gold Cup Non-Championship Formula One Race.

Didn't particular hurt until I got a clip round the ear from my Dad for being so stupid to walk out in front of his Lotus.

In retrospect a Motor Racing Circuit isn't really an unlikely place to encounter a Racing Driver... :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here