Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Were you able to spend any time in Gatineau Park? Love it there!

We did have plans to go but unfortunately it was closed off because of the snow storm, we did make it over to Gatineau though.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Metcheck for December was 9.78 c nearly 5 c above normal. This was also 0.5 c warmer than November which was itself the second warmest ever.The warmest ever December has been totally shattered

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Some New Year's Day FLUMPING just started here :thumbsup:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Metcheck for December was 9.78 c nearly 5 c above normal. This was also 0.5 c warmer than November which was itself the second warmest ever.The warmest ever December has been totally shattered

Isnt the average for London in December nearer to 7c, 9.78c is indeed historically mild but nowhere near 5c above normal ??

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No London is about 4 c average. Metcheck was 9.71 in the end just under 5 c above normal have a look at their site

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
No London is about 4 c average. Metcheck was 9.71 in the end just under 5 c above normal have a look at their site

I am willing to be corrected here US, but the met office site states the average temps.for December in the Southern region as follows:

1961 - 1990 as Dec @ 7.4c
1971 - 2000 as Dec @ 7.8c
1981 - 2010 as Dec @ 7.6c

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/climate/gcpckds7n

They seem to use 29 year periods, but even so it seems to show a 50 year average way above the stated 4c, I cannot be sure how more historic records might change this, but a 54 year average seems a reasonable temperature when comparing current trends.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am willing to be corrected here US, but the met office site states the average temps.for December in the Southern region as follows:

1961 - 1990 as Dec @ 7.4c
1971 - 2000 as Dec @ 7.8c
1981 - 2010 as Dec @ 7.6c

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/climate/gcpckds7n

They seem to use 29 year periods, but even so it seems to show a 50 year average way above the stated 4c, I cannot be sure how more historic records might change this, but a 54 year average seems a reasonable temperature when comparing current trends.

I think this is daytime max the metcheck takes night and day average the daytime average in December this year was 13 c

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some signs of a cold spell the week after next

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas
When everyday it ****ing rains
Where the puddles glisten
And the flooded listen
To furniture gently floating away

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
graphe_ens3_kif7.gif

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There are a few signs of pressure rising to our North West later, but the Ensemble is still far too messy to say this with any confidence.

And the Sun's on it's way a little earlier every day....!

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Papa/US can you please assist us at this time and briefly explain the likelihood of a/an SSW event occurring in the next couple of weeks and the therefore likelihood of any sustained blocking that may lead to potentially snowy conditions for us in Feb?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here