My wife just stopped and said you weren't listening were you.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Men v Women - on the phone.

Man (me) - phone up friend, "Still ok for football on Saturday?"
Friend's reply, "Yep, no problem. Usual train? See you on Saturday."

Length of call approximately 45 seconds

Woman (my wife, my sisters in law, my daughters) phone up anyone in the universe, "How are you?" , this is then followed by a verbal list of ailments, complaints, gossip, scandal, more gossip, children, grandchildren, even more gossip, how I am a complete lazy shit (referring to yours truly), blah! blah! Then the classic, "Well I'd better go then, bye, bye, bye, bye, - oh, another thing, did you hear about . . . . "

Length of call - never, ever, less than 45 minutes and counting. Then the person who was on the other end of the line arrives - "Well, as I was passing I thought I'd pop in for a chat!"

Aaaaarrggh!!! :eek:

My god man!! have you not heard of text messages?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There is also the concept of 'manspreading'.

Watch this video and your blood will boil. Again, the hypocrisy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQglZPVmoo8

Whenever I'm using public transport, it seems to be the women taking up more space, legs crossed over and their bags having their own seat.

Quite right, what they are complaining about here is people being ignorant, selfish and rude and taking up more than their fair share of space. This is not limited to men this is across genders and women can behave like dicks too. Blaming a gender for this shit is moronic.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Quite right, what they are complaining about here is people being ignorant, selfish and rude and taking up more than their fair share of space. This is not limited to men this is across genders and women can behave like dicks too. Blaming a gender for this shit is moronic.

Actually, they’re overlooking the two key factors. They don’t have anything between their legs, whereas we do and it’s uncomfortable to close your legs when your balls are in between them. Secondly, traditionally men need more space as we’re bigger and seats/leg space isn’t made for anyone over about 5’6. Of course, there are tall women too, but statistically less so.

Still, they are being very sexist.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I like to add a couple of kisses

xx

One of my best mates adds a kiss at the end of every text. I’ve told him wife, kids or girlfriend is fine but kisses to mates is unnecessary.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

It’s womens bags placed on train seats when busy that get me. When they can’t see the obvious but carry on texting. “Excuse me could I ....”. To be met with that special look they have.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The logistics of an extended family holiday meant I had my eldest sister in the passenger seat for a three hour drive to the airport.
There was not a second of silence the whole way. Mr and the missus did manage a couple of words early doors but then realised no response was necessary to any question because you only had 0.1seconds to get it in before she answered it herself or just seamlessly went onto something else.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Currently 1hr 35 minutes into a train journey.

Three women sitting in the opposite aisle. One of them literally hasn’t stopped talking the entire time.

I’m not exaggerating. We’ve had West End Musicals, fear of flying, whether health clubs are value for money (she wouldn’t actually know), her mum and dad’s holiday at Christine’s caravan park etc etc.

How do women do this? If nothing else don’t their jaws get tired?

Ever been on a commuter a train with a couple of city boys bragging about their latest deals/company moves? It's the same, only louder.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
At least English women have substance to their conversations. American teenage girls, are a different kettle of fish.

I was like, you know, and he was like wow, and I was like yeah, and he was like no way, and I was like yeah, and he was like thats awesome .. ad finitum

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Three women sitting in the opposite aisle. One of them literally hasn’t stopped talking the entire time.

I’m not exaggerating. We’ve had West End Musicals, fear of flying, whether health clubs are value for money (she wouldn’t actually know), her mum and dad’s holiday at Christine’s caravan park etc etc.

On a sunny day 3 female mates were doing that, sitting on lawns outside our kids primary school. A gas bag talked and talked, whilst the other 2 covertly texted each other “I’d wish the stupid cow would shut the f*ck up”.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Could be classed as multi talking!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I will raise you "Spanish Women", no, strike that, "Spanish People". From the moment they wake till they sleep, it's just permanent transmit. It's why they have siesta.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I always travel by train with my iPOD. In years past it was 'discman' and before that 'walkman'. In a carriage of 40 people there are bound to be two who can't shut up, one of whom has a foghorn voice and no self-awareness. My music cancells it all out and my journey is pleasant. Anyone who hasn't worked this out should give their head a little wobble. Mind you on the rare occasions I leave my music at home, the anxiety and subsequent annoyance are almost immeasurable. :flameboun

A former squeeze of mine was an olympic talker, and addicted to the 'she said....and I said.....so she said' conversation structure. It was a lesson well learned. Never get together with someone until you've witnessed them chatting with a mate :lolol:

With respect to an eary comment on this thread, I (a male, last time I looked) DO phone up certain other people for a chat, and certain people phone me likewise, one a male who works in America. It is no different from meeting up for a coffee or beer or meal, to me. Nevertheless, I would never have done this 30 years ago, when I was much more 'local', chauvenistic, narrow minded and unworldly. :whistle: There, I've said it! :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To add, there is a medical condition known as 'pressure of speech' where people just can't STFU. It is commonly associated with problem drinking. Apparently bits of the brain that apply breaks and filters degenerate, and the result...... sometimes I wonder whether some of the drivellage deposited on NSC by certain folk who just cannot leave certain topics alone is an internet version of pressure of speech......

Big_Unit

Sep 5, 2011
Hove
there are two men who sit behind me at the Amex who will talk incessantly about this, that and the other.

There used to be three or four women behind me in the North. They would do the same - talk about anything but what they were watching. The low point came when, after Koosh had knocked the mud off the soles of his feet before taking a goal kick, one of them piped up "Ooohh, I don't like feet...". Cue ten minutes on how ugly / attractive their husbands' feet were. FGS.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here