Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 2018 who's the flairest of them all? QF: Calderon vs O'Callaghan

Quarter Final 1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oct 25, 2003
Would it be the ultimate flair result for the flair competition to be won by the least flair entrant of all?

Like some kind of meta-flair.

Good point.

I do think a symptom of being the flairest of them all is being misunderstood and under appreciated. So by definition the winner won’t be the flairest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
If you put the legend that is Inigo Calderon in a poll of BHAFC supporters he is always going to win....however "flair" is defined! There is just soooooo much love for "the Face".

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Good point.

I do think a symptom of being the flairest of them all is being misunderstood and under appreciated. So by definition the winner won’t be the flairest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not quite what he's saying though (unless I'm mistaken) - it's one thing Jonny Dixon not winning the competition (as he is just too flair for it) but quite another for the poster boy for ANTIFLAIR to win it.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Well, it's Calderon for me. Buccaneering, skilful, Spanish right-back, scored goals (including a corker against Brizzle City AND one with his face). Great character too.

O'Callaghan wasn't even a good footballer. Just because he was basically a drunk and didn't give a sh** about playing for us, doesn't make him flair in my opinion, just rubbish. He had absolutely no style about him.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Calde looked like he had rolled off a park bench in the morning, ran his fingers through his hair and ambled onto a football pitch and played a blinder.

O'Callaghan probably had rolled off a park bench, didn't have enough hair to run his fingers through ambled onto a football pitch and would have let the tramp run rings round him.

One is flair, the other is just a dick, who let the booze ruin what should have been a great career. Tried to be George Best (proper flair) but failed miserably.

Calde wins.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Saw that Leon Knight tweet this morning :lolol:

Was saving it until his QF to post on here

:lolol: Sorry - had to post it, especially when I saw Kemy pile in on it as well.

I honestly reckon Leon knows this competition is running and doesn't want to lose out again.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Time to just cancel this contest. Too many people just do not get it. Calde should not have got out of the group stages. Complete waste of time voting if everyone is just going to vote for the player they like the most.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Time to just cancel this contest. Too many people just do not get it. Calde should not have got out of the group stages. Complete waste of time voting if everyone is just going to vote for the player they like the most.

It took 10 years for people to learn that size does not necessarily = hardness in the animal kingdom, so I look forward to watching Leon, Kemy, Jonny, George or Paddy walk away with the flair crown in 2026.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Leon is on absolute fire today.

[tweet]973483958850736128[/tweet]

[tweet]973504269432315904[/tweet]

[tweet]973506234098835456[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here