Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Overrated films?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Lord of the Rings trilogy - 10 hours of them getting from A to B.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
That wasn't overrated, it got absolutely PANNED (16% on Rotten Tomatoes).

I've tried to like Spinal Tap,and it has its moments, but its nowhere near as funny as so many people seem to make out. Likewise Life of Brian.

Sadly Easy I am not knowledgeable about critical percentages. I just thought it was a dreadful film.

Imagine Alex talking to his second in command and adroitly saying in a an Oirish accent "Oi tink we should attack tamarra!"

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'm lauded as Mr 80s by my friends, so it's a bit odd to them that I've never watched Top Gun.
Not because I don't want to, but more because I cannot be a r s e d.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Breakfast Club - Nothing happens. A few kids talk about emotions and shit :shrug:

Taxi Driver - I'd been told this was a must watch classic. It was OK, but I couldn't really see what the fuss was about. I certainly wouldn't watch it again.

Any superhero film from the past 10 years.

I really like Breakfast Club, probably due to it being my age group at that time and I love some of the music played. But I can see why it'd be tedious for others.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
"Life is Beautiful". It won various Oscars and the Grand Prix at Cannes but I found it a bit too schmaltzy and the lead character's efforts to be quirky and loveable just began to grate. I had no problem with the holocaust being used as a comedy vehicle which some people had a problem with because it was done in a very sensitive way, I just found Guido's boundless optimism incredibly irritating.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Moonlight

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sadly Easy I am not knowledgeable about critical percentages. I just thought it was a dreadful film.

Imagine Alex talking to his second in command and adroitly saying in a an Oirish accent "Oi tink we should attack tamarra!"

You're right, I totally agree it IS a dreadful film. But I think you'd be hard-pushed to find anyone who rated it, so it doesn't really belong on this thread chap.

Another one I struggle to understand all the fuss over is The Deer Hunter. It begins with the most interminable neverending wedding scene, and the rest of the film is utter DIRGE, save for the russian roulette scene with the pistol. Another DeNiro dud.

And you can shove Apocalypse Now right up your arse as well. (Not you Pugh).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The Shawshank Redemption is the most overated film in cinema history.

It’s no more then meh.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here