Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool vs Brighton & Hove Albion ****Official Match Thread****

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
30+ sounds good to be fair. Not sure how that stacks up with other players playing in that position? I have to say that stat surprises me.

jFC 24 appearances - 39 chances, by way of comparison Will Hughes 27 appearances - 28 chances (all stats from http://www.squawka.com/)

Dec 29, 2011
And Leeds. And Bolton. And Wigan, and two of our cup wins. So, JFC started six of our ten wins this season.

By the sounds of it on the radio, it was a poor game all round, terrible pitch, awkward wind, homer of a ref. JFC wasn't particularly at fault, so perhaps doesn't deserve the flood of criticism he seems to be getting on the phone in.

That's how I'm feeling right now. I've been critical in the past, and probably will be in the future when I watch him again. He doesn't seem to offer much at all. That being said, the level of abuse he's getting right now is very harsh. No-one in the team played that well today, yet people straight away blame JFC for the loss despite 95% of people making the comments not even watching the match.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
This is the inevitable result of not moving for a new scapegoat during the transfer window...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's not as worrying as it sounds as the pitch sounds like it's an absolute joke. It's very much a leveller and Blackpool are presumably used to playing on it.

The pitch looked shocking before the game, and it played just as bad - you could see the ball bobble with every pass made on the deck. Route 1 was the most effective way to play, which was a real leveller. We had more possession in the final third, but could never quite get the delivery.

I may be wrong, but I think that their goal was their only serious shot all game. Their keeper made one good save from a Greer header, and from a Holla long range shot. Can't remove much apart from that.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair, i tend to look out for mark raven's comments on facebook about games as he goes to them all and tends to get it spot on:

Most gutless, spineless performance of the season. Yes a shit pitch but we thought we could just turn up and win.

So there you have it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And Leeds. And Bolton. And Wigan, and two of our cup wins. So, JFC started six of our ten wins this season.

By the sounds of it on the radio, it was a poor game all round, terrible pitch, awkward wind, homer of a ref. JFC wasn't particularly at fault, so perhaps doesn't deserve the flood of criticism he seems to be getting on the phone in.

I knew I should have waited for you to post before trawling through the match reports on the OS. Yes, we've won 10 matches this season with JFC starting 6 of them.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I left the reverse fixture disgusted. This one has left me worried. I seriously fear relegation. Most disappointing day of the season

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
What are people even thinking trying to point the finger at hughton!.

Do we have a squad of players that are the Envy of all the other Championship Club's?. NO

gombloh

Jan 29, 2015
sure sure win
o.png

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Amazing, but we won that game against promotion contenders. We lost today to a hopeless team. Your point?
My point is just that we have shown that we can pick up good victories now, and that there is little point in being worried just yet.

clungemeister

Jan 11, 2015
very disappointing result , on paper , on the face of it , in reality.....whatever way you look at it.......!!! seemingly just out fought again, haven't seen the goal but eyebrows always raised when 35 yard free kicks are scored....:nono:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
haven't seen the goal but eyebrows always raised when 35 yard free kicks are scored....:nono:

The general view from those on the station platform after the game was that the wind had quite a bit to do with it. Not only hastening it along a little, but also bending it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here