Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What has Colunga done to CH?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Thank god for that imagine what might have happened if the Spanish could have mustered the largest navy on the planet or attempted to take over South America, luckily they were all being tucked up in bed by their mums.
I am glad they never had that crazy idea of sending an armada to invade England.

Wait a minute they did, so that's the reason Spanish people are reluctant to leave the country ???

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Colunga for me was one of the few that actually shone last season albeit that he was loaned out in the latter stages

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I am not quite sure I would have used the word shone but certainly from what I did see of him it looked like he had the potential to do well.

What does concern me are some of the comments about 'Spanish' players - no one works harder than Calderon when he is on the pitch , also keep an eye on him when he is on the touchline. Both he and Bruno are VERY committed to the cause. The other big factor people seem to overlook , or chose to ignore is the technical ability of every Spanish player we have had here. It is much higher than home grown.

I don't have an issue with COG going but I think we should let Colunga have some game time.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I quite like the look of Colunga but it seems he's not favoured by Hewton, isn't going to get game time and therefore should be shipped out. Trouble is I suspect his wages rule out a return to Spain other than on loan (and that wasn't a success last season) and I don't think he'll go anywhere else in the Uk so it looks like he'll be staying to run his contract down. A waste.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
He is no good and not suited to English football is probably the main reason.

His attitude pre season friendlies wont of helped.

Need to get rid , if he is a serious option for us this year then that isn't a good sign.

Can't comment on his attitude, as I haven't a clue what is being said, but as for his ability, well the lad can play.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Instead of whom in our present line up?

He could come on for Baldock if we weren't so obsessed with protecting one goal leads. Probably not the time to have a gripe, given how well we have done so far, but I'd love us to have a manager who actually wanted to score a hatful of goals rather than sit on leads as 3 of the last 4 managers have been obsessed with.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think perhaps it is a case of what Colunga has not done. One can look at what might be with rose tinted glasses but I do not believe he showed anything in pre season games. There were scathing comments about one of his performances on this site.

I think the clue is that he is a forward and nobody wants him anywhere from what I can gather. If he was even half decent somebody would be interested but they are not. I think it might be the package he brings with him. Mind you even Leon Knight had suitors as he went down through the leagues.

He has a poor second half of the season in Spain. He is 30 or thereabouts. He is not suited to us and needs to move on.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I think perhaps it is a case of what Colunga has not done. One can look at what might be with rose tinted glasses but I do not believe he showed anything in pre season games. There were scathing comments about one of his performances on this site.

I think the clue is that he is a forward and nobody wants him anywhere from what I can gather. If he was even half decent somebody would be interested but they are not. I think it might be the package he brings with him. Mind you even Leon Knight had suitors as he went down through the leagues.

He has a poor second half of the season in Spain. He is 30 or thereabouts. He is not suited to us and needs to move on.

Agree - just surprised how many on nsc actually rate him!! - small bloke with no pace

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree - just surprised how many on nsc actually rate him!! - small bloke with no pace

I don't think it's much to do with rating Colunga, but more about the abject CCC performances.

Edit -Whoops, it's no longer the Coca cola cup is it, I meant to say Rumbelows Cup, silly me.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yeah. Unfortunately, it's a realistic concern.

If COG is asked to do anything more for us this year than occasionally come on at the end of games and hold the ball up, we've done something wrong.

He does a perfectly good job of coming on for the last 10 or 20 minutes helping us to hold on to a lead. The problem is I have no faith in him coming on to turn things round when we don't have a lead. In short, he can't score or create. Which is problematic for a striker. Fortunately, there's Zamora who'll want a starting place or at least to feature for 30 minutes+ in most games, the potential of Harper and even a new possible signing.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
He does a perfectly good job of coming on for the last 10 or 20 minutes helping us to hold on to a lead. The problem is I have no faith in him coming on to turn things round when we don't have a lead. In short, he can't score or create. Which is problematic for a striker. Fortunately, there's Zamora who'll want a starting place or at least to feature for 30 minutes+ in most games, the potential of Harper and even a new possible signing.

I defended COG last year. If used in the right way he has some value, however, watching him in a decent team on Saturday highlighted just how limited he is.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I defended COG last year. If used in the right way he has some value, however, watching him in a decent team on Saturday highlighted just how limited he is.

He's fine for a lge1 club but absolutely not for a championship club with any ambition - really need to cut our losses if we can and literally give him away

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I don't think it's much to do with rating Colunga, but more about the abject CCC performances.

Edit -Whoops, it's no longer the Coca cola cup is it, I meant to say Rumbelows Cup, silly me.

I think you will find its the Littlewoods, I mean Worthington, sorry no Milk cup actually.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

To be fair to Clunge he does have bags of skill, probably the most "skilful/techincal" player at the club .

Sadly CH must see something in him - attitude perhaps? Unwilling to help out defence? Missedf that one on one v Blackpool at home early doors WHICH I STILL HAVENT ****ING FORGIVEN HIM FOR

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
To be fair to Clunge he does have bags of skill, probably the most "skilful/techincal" player at the club .

Sadly CH must see something in him - attitude perhaps? Unwilling to help out defence? Missedf that one on one v Blackpool at home early doors WHICH I STILL HAVENT ****ING FORGIVEN HIM FOR

Does he have "bags of skill" ? Really ??

He's always looked bang average to me. Any team with top 6 pretensions would need a hell of a lot better than whatever it is that Colunga brings to the table.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
And I've never quite understood this vastly overused vague footballing phrase "technical ability". Colunga has good "technical ability" - what does that even MEAN ? If a player is skilful then say he's skilful. If he's comfortable in possession then say he's comfortable in possession. If he can beat a player then say he's got a trick in his locker.

Saying that a player has "good technical ability" just sounds like he can install Windows 10 and knows how to use a satnav.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Does he have "bags of skill" ? Really ??

He's always looked bang average to me. Any team with top 6 pretensions would need a hell of a lot better than whatever it is that Colunga brings to the table.

Yes he an excellent range of passing, has a great cross (probably the best corner taker we have) and has the ability to beat players and a few tricks up his sleeve leaving a defender for dead.

I bet he also has DECENT anti trojan sofware as well :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here