Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rain

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
To be fair, we have had quite a good summer, my golf and tan are testament to that. I know this as I have been out of work since February. I am now back at work, since last week and the weather has changed, I apologise if it was anything to do with me! If only we could have weather like last Saturday (without any tragedies) for July and august it would be fantastic.

I have just got back from dropping my two boys and two of their mates in Reading for the festival this weekend, as they opened the door it lashed it down! Same all weekend I believe, 4 drowned rats coming home on Monday I suspect.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be fair, we have had quite a good summer, my golf and tan are testament to that. I know this as I have been out of work since February. I am now back at work, since last week and the weather has changed, I apologise if it was anything to do with me! If only we could have weather like last Saturday (without any tragedies) for July and august it would be fantastic.

I have just got back from dropping my two boys and two of their mates in Reading for the festival this weekend, as they opened the door it lashed it down! Same all weekend I believe, 4 drowned rats coming home on Monday I suspect.

Golf course must have its own weather zone .

July was OK , the rest been very disappointing

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

The problem is that when you are working you forget about the sunny days during the week. During June and July i played around 3-4 days a week and there was no need to go out in iffy weather. There have been dodgy periods but they were pre-june and they did last for a we days at a time.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014

Look I'm not one who usually moans about the Summer weather. I usually take the rough with the smooth but if you think this has been quite a good Summer then I'm surprised you have not moved to Greenland.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It's not cold it's just really dark. I don't cope well with seasons arriving before their time.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

This!

Rented a cottage in Brighton beginning of July, and had some of the best weather of the summer.

The rest has, apart from the odd day here and there, has been more like autumn.

Really cannot remember the last proper summer we had in this country.

Every year now, the jet stream (driving the low pressure systems and associated wind and rain across the North Atlantic ) tracks right over the UK, week after week, whereas it should (and used to) move well to the north of the UK in the summer :rant:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Look I'm not one who usually moans about the Summer weather. I usually take the rough with the smooth but if you think this has been quite a good Summer then I'm surprised you have not moved to Greenland.
OK, I have checked the met office and I was correct for June not so good for July. June had 288 hours of sun, which seems pretty good to me and 19° with only 19.9mm total rain. July had 225 hours of sun with an average of 20° but 65mm of rain! 225 hours of sun in July was similar to last year but not as good as 2013. 288 hours in June is the best since 1999! June and July in 2012 had twice as much rain than this year.
Met office.co.uk/pub/data/weather/U...ne is the closest weather station with stats.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
OK, I have checked the met office and I was correct for June not so good for July. June had 288 hours of sun, which seems pretty good to me and 19° with only 19.9mm total rain. July had 225 hours of sun with an average of 20° but 65mm of rain! 225 hours of sun in July was similar to last year but not as good as 2013. 288 hours in June is the best since 1999! June and July in 2012 had twice as much rain than this year.
Met office.co.uk/pub/data/weather/U...s.[/QUOTE] Any stats on the constant winds ?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Met office.co.uk/pub/data/weather/U...a hot day to bump up the average temperature.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
If you don't like it, move somewhere warmer.. Unless we all buy 4litre diesel motors to try and warm up the climate.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
If you don't like it, move somewhere warmer.. Unless we all buy 4litre diesel motors to try and warm up the climate.

I don't like it but I won't move because I'm hoping this has just been a one of particularly bad summer, SO FAR. September and October are usually great.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe anyone would have put the heating on yet :lol:

It's been wet, yes, and with a few darker evenings, granted, but it's still been around 18C most days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here