Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump BLIMP over Westminster

D

Deleted member 22389

Meanwhile those who live in the real world went to work today. Bunch of scruffy lazy arse scumbags, it's just embarrassing. Do they not realise Trump was elected by his people?

It is very embarrassing.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Well whatever, I read the Daily Mail and vote Conservative so I like Trump. I suspect many in England probably do agree with his views on immigration but wouldn't dare say it for fear of being branded 'racist'. We aren't as 'right on' in this country as we are led to believe, we have a 'nasty' Conservative govn and we voted 'leave'

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You know that he got less votes than Hilary Clinton, right?

Yes, the State system is as strange as our First Past the Post system.

It does make me laugh when people say protestors are all scruffy lazy arse scumbags. As if every single person works Mon-Fri, 9-5. It shows they don't have a grip on reality.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Yes, the State system is as strange as our First Past the Post system.

It does make me laugh when people say protestors are all scruffy lazy arse scumbags. As if every single person works Mon-Fri, 9-5. It shows they don't have a grip on reality.

Most of them are, you can tell from when they are interviewed. Usually some scruffy bloke with a beard and a ponytail who is doubtless studying for a 'degree in sociology' and some bird who is equally scruffy who is into 'holistic healing' or some such rubbish.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just me, or is anyone else getting confused about which are the spoof accounts on NSC. I don't know if I should feel "whooshed" by some of these posts, or if they're serious.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Most of them are, you can tell from when they are interviewed. Usually some scruffy bloke with a beard and a ponytail who is doubtless studying for a 'degree in sociology' and some bird who is equally scruffy who is into 'holistic healing' or some such rubbish.

25,000 people and you can tell from when they are interviewed. There's nothing like a good generalisation, and that is nothing like a good generalisation.

https://twitter.com/krassenstein/status/1017786377658863617

[tweet]1017786377658863617[/tweet]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well whatever, I read the Daily Mail and vote Conservative so I like Trump. I suspect many in England probably do agree with his views on immigration but wouldn't dare say it for fear of being branded 'racist'. We aren't as 'right on' in this country as we are led to believe, we have a 'nasty' Conservative govn and we voted 'leave'

Just me, or is anyone else getting confused about which are the spoof accounts on NSC. I don't know if I should feel "whooshed" by some of these posts, or if they're serious.

Yes, I did wonder.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Why would it be breaking the law? Freedom to protest. You can protest about Islam without it being racial you know.

So, what sort of balloon are you suggesting as a protest?

And it doesn't need to be racial. The laws cover religion. As you know.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
As for being fairly elected by his people, today 12 Russian intelligence officers have been indicted for hacking Democrats emails.

I've never understood that argument. How does the fact that the russians stole and leaked democratic party emails change the fact that Donald Trump was democratically elected?

To the extent that the release of democratic party emails may have affected the outcome of the election, the democrats didn't suffer because their emails got leaked. They suffered because of what those leaks revealed. If the content of the emails caused damage to the democratic party surely they have only themselves to blame, but more importantly why would that bring the integrity of the election into question?

The release of the emails gave the voter more information to go on, how can you view that as compromising the integrity of an election? Lies and concealment I could easily understand as being detrimental to the integrity of an election. But disclosure? How could that ever be detrimental to the process? Can you untangle that one for me?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've never understood that argument. How does the fact that the russians stole and leaked democratic party emails change the fact that Donald Trump was democratically elected?

To the extent that the release of democratic party emails may have affected the outcome of the election, the democrats didn't suffer because their emails got leaked. They suffered because of what those leaks revealed. If the content of the emails caused damage to the democratic party surely they have only themselves to blame, but more importantly why would that bring the integrity of the election into question?

The release of the emails gave the voter more information to go on, how can you view that as compromising the integrity of an election? Lies and concealment I could easily understand as being detrimental to the integrity of an election. But disclosure? How could that ever be detrimental to the process? Can you untangle that one for me?

No, I can't. I'll leave that to the US courts.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
No, I can't. I'll leave that to the US courts.

The courts may well find the Russians involved guilty of crimes. What they won't find is that because those crimes took place Donald Trump wasn't democratically elected, which is what you implied.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The courts may well find the Russians involved guilty of crimes. What they won't find is that because those crimes took place Donald Trump wasn't democratically elected, which is what you implied.

If you were Donald Trump and you had big decision to make - who would you chose?

Fatima Manji off Channel 4 News or Nadiya Hussain off Great British Bake Off?

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I have said Donald Trump is suffering from dementia for a few months now. It seems Professor Brian Cox thinks so too. Trump is rambling and even goes off at a tangent when talking about Brexit, referring to Wisconsin.

https://twitter.com/ProfBrianCox/status/1017690283461566464

[tweet]1017690283461566464[/tweet]
When he was first asked about Brexit just after it happened he didn’t appear to even know what it was. I don’t think he has done much research and probably still doesn’t actually know what it is hence the rambling

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here