Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Aussie Cheats!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
So there's a video of Bancroft putting sugar in his pocket during the Ashes and England players have said they were suspicious at the time of how the Aussies were able to get the ball to reverse.

It seems like systematic premeditated cheating. There's a real nasty steak about this group and it stems from Lehman, Warner and Smith. The comments made about Bairstows dad is another indicator of how vile they are, they deserve every bit of stick that's heading their way.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So there's a video of Bancroft putting sugar in his pocket during the Ashes and England players have said they were suspicious at the time of how the Aussies were able to get the ball to reverse.

It seems like systematic premeditated cheating. There's a real nasty steak about this group and it stems from Lehman, Warner and Smith. The comments made about Bairstows dad is another indicator of how vile they are, they deserve every bit of stick that's heading their way.

[tweet]977663181198974976[/tweet]

Jimmy Grimble

Typical Aussie wankers

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I got caught cheating, but I promise I haven't done it before and promise I won't do it again, so we're all good, right?

It's a tricky one. I'm struggling, as a former bowler, to get with the faux outrage on this one.

Trying to alter the condition of the ball to gain an advantage is as old as the game itself. Raising the seam, vaseline on the eyebrow. If the names of every bowler that had done such things magically appeared it would take a long time to read.

It's outlawed because it's very tempting- even a sub conscious act.

Aussie cheats, well, then the whole cricketing world is full of cheats- probably including a few big old English names. It's a fine, it's a ban- but it's nothing new.

Last edited:

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
They don’t wear yellow for nothing

Very apt. After the infamous Under Arm bowling incident the NZ Prime Minister Robert Mulldoon said "It was appropriate that the Australians were wearing Yellow"

This comment followed on from another comment of his some years earlier which said "When people leave here (NZ) to live in Australia, it raises the average IQ of both countries".

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It's a tricky one. I'm struggling, as a former bowler, to get with the faux outrage on this one.

Trying to alter the condition of the ball to gain an advantage is as old as the game itself. Raising the seam, vaseline on the eyebrow. If the names of every bowler that had done such things magically appeared it would take a long time to read.

Aussie cheats, well, then the whole cricketing world is full of cheats- probably including a few big old English names. It's a fine, it's ban- but it's nothing new.

Ok so bowlers may have a little fiddle with the seam or wipe a bit of vaseline from their brow onto the ball from time to time but shirley the point in this situation is that it appears to have been a pre-meditated, planned act on the part of the"Management Group" who then picked the rookie in the side to do their dirty work and still appear to be trying to understand the seriousness of their predicament. Steve Smith clearly doesn't fathom it because as far as he's concerned he'll still be the captain at the next test! As I've said elsewhere, if they had been Pakistani players they'd probably have been banged up and banned from playing for 3 years!!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Aussie cheats, well, then the whole cricketing world is full of cheats- probably including a few big old English names. It's a fine, it's ban- but it's nothing new.
I think it's more that it's the holier than thou, serial sledging, pushing it to the edge, can't take what they dish out, nasty bunch of arsegobbling twatmonkeys who have been caught out cheating.

Yes every team uses techniques to try to make the ball reverse, but for the self appointed "we don't do anything wrong" victims to do something so totally blatant and to admit (as they had to because it was bloody obvious) that it was completely premeditated. Well that's something a bit different isn't it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Ok so bowlers may have a little fiddle with the seam or wipe a bit of vaseline from their brow onto the ball from time to time but shirley the point in this situation is that it appears to have been a pre-meditated, planned act on the part of the"Management Group" who then picked the rookie in the side to do their dirty work and still appear to be trying to understand the seriousness of their predicament. Steve Smith clearly doesn't fathom it because as far as he's concerned he'll still be the captain at the next test! As I've said elsewhere, if they had been Pakistani players they'd probably have been banged up and banned from playing for 3 years!!

Cheating is cheating- although the use of implements and orchestrated policy does take it to a new level. I agree. Three year ban ? No, I don't support that. Hefty fine, yes. Maybe a series ban.

The only difference between Smith et al and scores of others over the years is that they got caught. Curse those cameras.

Listening to pious mouth farting from ex-cricketers on this one is nauseous. Still, this sort of thing has never tainted Sussex. I'm sure Mr Khan was only using that bottle top as a bowling marker really.....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trying to alter the condition of the ball to gain an advantage is as old as the game itself.
Sure it is, but that doesn't make cheating ok. One of the things that makes it worse than usual in this instance is the fact that a significant number of the team were involved, including the captain. And Bancroft was fine with cheating, but he was nervous about the number of cameras at the ground.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
As someone with no interest in cricket but an interest in taking the piss out of Aussie mates, can anyone quickly let me know if this cheating story is a big deal or not. Fanks.

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
As someone with no interest in cricket but an interest in taking the piss out of Aussie mates, can anyone quickly let me know if this cheating story is a big deal or not. Fanks.

Massive,Australia is in meltdown over it.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Do people still watch cricket?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Although hold on a minute..

Nobody I know does.

Hopefully they just ban this garbage sport nation wide and extend the AFL seasons.

I'm getting serious deja vu here. Didn't TB try and convince NSC once before that Australian's don't care about cricket.

Who to believe?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Although hold on a minute..

I'm getting serious deja vu here. Didn't TB try and convince NSC once before that Australian's don't care about cricket.

Who to believe?

Meltdown is accurate, Cricket still very much in the national psyche. especially at the moment as the local cricket grand finals were played over the weekend.

Lots of glum faces at work today, me at the other pom didn't even need to say anything to wind up the locals....... Bliss :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here