Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Club membership' to be added to season ticket...

Would you pay £20 to add membership to your Albion season ticket?

• Yes, I would - sign me up!

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • No ****ing chance.

Votes: 270 95.1%

• Total voters

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Let's run with the club on this one a little. They say it is "so that you can buy the tickets you want, to the games you want, in the location you want". OK I want my guest to sit next to me - I think that is pretty reasonable of me. So where do they move the sth who sits next to me usually so my guest can sit next to me?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I reckon your email will read something like this:

We are aware that nearly 3% of season ticket holders have opted to also buy club membership with their 2019/20 season tickets. This is great, but we are also aware that due to the popularity of our home games the availability and choice of these guest tickets is reducing.

As a Bronze member we would like you to enjoy an enhanced priority booking window, which will be before the new season ticket+memership guest ticket sale window, so that you can buy the tickets you want, to the games you want, in the location you want.

Next season we are proposing that we introduce a Silver club membership. This would be at the attractive price of £50 for adults and £25 for juniors, and would include a welcome pack worth over £35 and £25 respectively.

If you are a Bronze member paying by annual Direct Debit, we will automatically upgrade you to Silver membership for you, allowing you to opt out of this membership option until late April.

If you are a Bronze member renewing by manual payment, we would offer this as an option to your renewal payment, though again you would be able to opt out.

As well as this, you will receive a whole host of benefits to make sure you're not missing out on the Albion action.

We would like to hear your thoughts on this - please indicate your preference. The link will be live until 5pm on Friday 14 December.

Thank you for your continued support.

Then we will be offered another ticket priority upgrade to equal silver at more money and silver members will need to upgrade again to Gold .

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Think club are taking P. Never crossed my mind before this, that I wasnt a member.. See in program Barber said they have 16000 members. That times 25 Pounds just to let club do you a favour and let you buy a ticket. It is a joke. To enable me to get a ticket for some Brighton away games I have registered at no cost at several clubs.

Season ticket holders were regarded as Gold members, with about 40 people who went to every home and away match, being called Platinum.

They sort of lost that, and now are trying to say we aren't members unless we pay this extra £20.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bizarre from the club, so STHs aren’t actually members, but for an extra £20 we can become members, and get the same priority on non STH tickets as non STHs get ?

WTF ?

No thanks

Last edited:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
As the poll says, choice #2, No ******* chance. Poor form if you ask me. We pay more than enough already Mr. Barber.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Responded. ‘No, absolutely not. Neither wanted nor required”

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Might be a better PR move to just give season ticket holders ‘member’ status in terms of ticket buying priority.

For free.

It wouldn’t cost the club a penny to do so why the charge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Let's run with the club on this one a little. They say it is "so that you can buy the tickets you want, to the games you want, in the location you want". OK I want my guest to sit next to me - I think that is pretty reasonable of me. So where do they move the sth who sits next to me usually so my guest can sit next to me?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

This is exactly my opinion, if my son wanted to come to a match, we’d obviously want to sit together. My ST is West lower, block B and I’m surrounded by ST holders, so no free seats. So a no from me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Entirely relaxed about this. It is an increase in my ST price by £20, but with a few bits thrown in. If they had increased our ST price by £50 across the board with no sweetner most people would just shrug it off. You can get that back and more by strategically not attending the odd game if money is tight (I got £31 back recently for a game I couldn't attend via the ticket exchange, which the club runs brilliantly).

#Barberout??? FFS. :shrug:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
This is exactly my opinion, if my son wanted to come to a match, we’d obviously want to sit together. My ST is West lower, block B and I’m surrounded by ST holders, so no free seats. So a no from me.

You can relocate to sit next to your guest. For a fee of £1.50. (No really, you can. Just need to call up or visit the ticket office to arrange.)

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Think its a poor idea but at least the club are asking for opinions rather than just introducing it.
If it was introduced it would depend entirely on what was in the welcome pack for me as to whether I would opt out or not (although I think you should have to opt in not out)

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Entirely relaxed about this. It is an increase in my ST price by £20, but with a few bits thrown in. If they had increased our ST price by £50 across the board with no sweetner most people would just shrug it off. You can get that back and more by strategically not attending the odd game if money is tight (I got £31 back recently for a game I couldn't attend via the ticket exchange, which the club runs brilliantly).

#Barberout??? FFS. :shrug:

You may be as a ST holder but don`t think you`d be "relaxed about it" if you were paying £22 to be a bronze member so you got priority to buy tickets and suggestion is this priority is taken away from you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You may be as a ST holder but don`t think you`d be "relaxed about it" if you were paying £22 to be a bronze member so you got priority to buy tickets and suggestion is this priority is taken away from you.

If I lived in Lewes I could walk to the game and save myself £200 (or whatever it is) a year on parking, and more than 3,000 miles of driving, £400 on petrol, 60 hours on my very precious time on the road (at my age death is very much on my agenda) and let's not forget the hole I just blew in the ozone layer with my exhaust fumes.

Sorry I don't mean to be condescending but this is all a bit reminscent of Mrs T who uses 20 p of hot water to wash each food wrapper so it can be recycled at a saving to the nation in terms of greenhouse emissions equivalent to 0.001 p, and yet bollocks me when I put the fish oil soaked plastic in the landfill bin.

Perspective ???

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Dear 1901 member.
We notice from our records that you have not experienced the delights of one of our pre match meals. Our dining areas are full most games and are concerned you may be missing out because many places are taken by guests..We are therefore going to offer you a pre match dinner for 2 games at the reduced price of 60 pounds each. We are sure you will want to take up this offer so will be adding 10 pounds to your monthly direct debit..
PS Please note Tea/Coffee not included

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well worth signing my son’s ST up to it, my daughter is a member only and the welcome pack is pretty good for the kids. It’s a yes in that regard from me. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here