Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is then most pointless row you've ever had with your other half?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
ps) I once dreamt that my boss did something totally unreasonable and we had a massive argument. The next day and for a few days I was still cross with him. It's not just girls that do this!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm now getting flashbacks of previous Mrs Giraffe. It's not pleasant. Thinking about it the wedding was a not good start. Agreed a blue and white theme, obviously. Her sister bridesmaid didn't like any of the blue dresses so got a pink one. Apparently that was okay. Disaster from start to finish!

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Come on then, Mr relationship guru. Enlighten us over the correct course of action, when your other half is grumpy over something that you haven’t actually done?

Try to make a big joke out of the stupidity of it? Tried that. Not helpful.

Tell her straight, to stop being stupid? That would go well. Angry women love being told they’re stupid.

Apologise? For something you haven’t done? Nah.

I’m all ears.

try not letting her walk all.over you all the time , she obviously does if she did what she did over a dream

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I was off work, very unwell, and when my now ex girlfriend came home from work, she laid in to me about not hoovering during the day. The pointless argument escalated so badly that she gave me a black eye, broke my nose, split my lip and punched me so hard that the glasses I was wearing ended up in a different room to me.
Suffice to say, I promptly got out of that loving relationship.

Maybe you shouldn't have brought your wife along to her residence?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Many years ago there was a thread on NSC about sports stars you found attractive, and I posted one of Olympic cyclist Victoria Pendleton in the away kit on a bed looking quite alluring. I'd downloaded it from t'internet onto my laptop.

About a year later Mrs EP, borrowed my laptop to do some work, decided to look at some of our photos together and then found the one of VP. She demanded to know who was in the photo, accusing me of having another woman, and for the life of me I couldn't remember who was in the picture but knew it was somehow related to NSC. The story wasn't believed and I was in the doghouse for a good 24 hours before I found the original thread and was able to extricate myself from the gamma ray treatment.

Victoria Pendleton.JPG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah, maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I go over the bridge and it's after that the Sat Nav throws a hissy ! Thanks, I'll try this route at Christmas when I'm over there.

I'll look up the number of the road. It's a D number

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Domestic violence should be reported no matter who the aggressor.

I didn't even have the chance, she actually called the police on me believe it or not.
Old bill turned up, me sat outside with a battered face, her indoors without a mark on her. After ignoring me and going straight to her, the copper said "you're lucky this time mate, she's not pressing charges." Classic policing.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I didn't even have the chance, she actually called the police on me believe it or not.
Old bill turned up, me sat outside with a battered face, her indoors without a mark on her. After ignoring me and going straight to her, the copper said "you're lucky this time mate, she's not pressing charges." Classic policing.

That is very sh!t, as Thunder Bolt said domestic abuse should not be tolerated no mater what gender the aggressor is.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
That is very sh!t, as Thunder Bolt said domestic abuse should not be tolerated no mater what gender the aggressor is.

She only did it the once and I was out of there. No way I was sticking around. Let her think it's ok once and you're in for a whole load of grief in future.
Anyway, if that hadn't happened then I'd never have met my fiancé, every cloud and all that.
Plus I've seen the ex arguing with her new fella in public a couple of times, some people never change. I'm very grateful for what and who I have in my life now.

On a side note, I also end up in the doghouse for dream cheating from time to time, but it only last half hour or so.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Unfortunately, until recently this was the case, but many males do come forward now.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Had a good one today. Apparently I was pushing the trolly the "wrong" way around the supermarket.

Who knew!!!?

:shrug:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I once had an argument about the way that knives should be placed into one of those knife block things.
Blade down or up. To me it doesn't really matter, but to them it did.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I once had an argument about the way that knives should be placed into one of those knife block things.
Blade down or up. To me it doesn't really matter, but to them it did.

Well it does so she / he was correct. By placing blade down you're blunting the knifes each time you slide them in :p

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
How topical.....
My ex, after fleecing me for nearly everything just swore at me in the cafe at work.
The reason being, I wouldn’t make myself available to feed her cat while she takes my kids to Brazil over Xmas for 5 weeks!
I cannot go in my old house she would leave the food out in the garage.....ffs
My ex, twice.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and yet nobody has mentioned cyclists jumping red lights. :lol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ah, maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I go over the bridge and it's after that the Sat Nav throws a hissy ! Thanks, I'll try this route at Christmas when I'm over there.

I'll look up the number of the road. It's a D number

D18E

It really is a very sharp almost 180deg turn and you must be in the right hand lane to be able to take it. I believe it is signed Le Mans or Alencon but can't swear to it.
You drive through an industrial estate but it is still two lanes either way. The railway lines are on the right as you head west.

We now avoid Rouen altogether, because the A28 and A11 toll charges got expensive so we branch off onto the A29 to Le Havre, then onto Caen and St Malo before heading south. It's only 5.90 to cross the Port de Normandie, so we save loads. Our journey time is only 30 mins longer to the Vendee.

We discovered the A29 Le Havre route when Rouen was doing repairs to the tunnel on the hill and the whole road was closed.

Brian Munich

teH lulZ
Jul 7, 2008
Flew to Los Angeles with the ex, was a nightmare flight with lots of delays at the transit airport, picked up the car eventually some 18 hours of travelling in total, wife was reading the map to get us from the airport to the hotel, she managed to get us completely lost in downtown LA after mid-night ( anyone who has driven around there will know you take your life in your hands at the best of times ), ensuing row resulted in her tearing up the Alamo map into minute pieces and throwing it into my lap with ' YOU FIND THE ******* HOTEL THEN ', all i can remember is frantically trying to put the little bits of the only map back together, and being parked in a garage and was slowly surrounded by gangs of Cripps with dogs peering through the car window, i had this image of being shot to bits in a second for my new Nike trainers, suffice to say i wheel spinned down the road, turned a couple of corners and found the hotel bang in front of us, happy days.

D6E821B5-6291-413B-A062-72E0E0B6FF90.jpeg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Come on then, Mr relationship guru. Enlighten us over the correct course of action, when your other half is grumpy over something that you haven’t actually done?

Try to make a big joke out of the stupidity of it? Tried that. Not helpful.

Tell her straight, to stop being stupid? That would go well. Angry women love being told they’re stupid.

Apologise? For something you haven’t done? Nah.

I’m all ears.

Tell her to stop being stupid is the correct answer. You really don't have to put up with irrational anger from your partner. Took me 35 years to work that out mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here