Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone else wish they could wake up and it was all over

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Worst case scenario on 8th is that we're in the play offs, which we were all delighted with after Leeds in 2013 and Forest in 2014.

Even if we lose in the play offs, we can look forward to next season with real optimism and be hopeful of starting 2016/17 with a squad that is stronger than the one that started this season - this team has torn up the division since the Jan transfer window and Rotherham debacle (when we were 6th). Keep that form up and we'll be promoted by April 2017!

Enjoy the excitement; although I agree that it all is a little bit distracting.

excellent post - my views exactly

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I do know how you are feeling [MENTION=33649]darkwolf666[/MENTION] i was having similar feelings until watching the awards dinner the other night, everyone they interviewed just seemed so relaxed, yet so determined and so confident in their own ability that they would do it.

It reminded me of talking to Robbie Reinelt years ago, a few weeks before the end of the season and i asked him are we gonna stay up? "course we are, no problem" was his reply, then who stepped up on that nervewracking day in Hereford?

I think the fact that we are the outsiders even now, yet we still know its in our hands is a massive advantage, the pressure is all on the others. Everyone has written us off all season, and still we are there, let them write us off for another 2 games, go on... i dare them.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
These seasons are very rare, if you don't find a way to enjoy it then you are missing out.

Having said that, the whole situation can mess with your head. I am fine when I'm at games - for example, at Brum when we went 1 down I still thought we had a good short at winning. What I struggle with is watching on the TV/stream or listening to the radio commentary, I currently find this incredibly frustrating. Luckily I will be at the last 2 games!

It will be hard to take if we miss out on automatic promotion, but should this happen, we need to see the playoffs as an extratime bonus to be enjoyed and stay positive about. I think that will be harder for the players, because they have put so much into the season, physically and mentally, and I'm sure would like some time to celebrate and then on the beach.

KTF.

PG

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Having said that, the whole situation can mess with your head. I am fine when I'm at games - for example, at Brum when we went 1 down I still thought we had a good short at winning. What I struggle with is watching on the TV/stream or listening to the radio commentary, I currently find this incredibly frustrating. Luckily I will be at the last 2 games!

Yep, this is exactly my problem, my head is in a spin the whole time. I have my seat in the North Stand for the Derby match, but couldn't get a ticket for the 'Boro game so am taking my hermit stance as stated at the beginning of this thread! Burying my head in the sand like an ostrich... :)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am really enjoying it, but the last minute equaliser by Burnley is really bugging me now.

I also think Derby is going to be a very tough test, with possible nervous atmosphere in the crowd and away at Boro is a stupidly big game. The only way I am going to get through this is beer and lots of it.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'm absolutely loving it, in a strange kind of way. Of course there is stress involved, of course it's distracting from everything else happening in our lives... but this is what football is about, isn't it? Times like this.

Of course, that doesn't mean I'm enjoying it so much I want it to extend into the playoffs - promotion on May 7th please!

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
I am loving it. I feel like a slight disconnect from the team though, as i feel nervous before and during the game. Whereas the players haven't seemed to be exhibiting too many signs of nerves to date.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
My view is that:

If we mess it up against Derby there's always the Boro game
if we mess it up against Boro there's always the play-offs
if we mess up the play-offs..... well we've had a hell of a season and have got a solid basis for more success next season - and there'll be 23 home games instead of 19 !! - and we won't be getting walloped every week (I hope)

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
No, I wouldn't rather be mid-table - we will save that for next year in the Premier League.

I just can't help it, it's in my head, like a little voice whispering to me all the time - I find it hard to concentrate on work and I spend way way too much time on here, hoping to find a nugget of information that will make me feel more calm! Doesn't work though...

The voice in my bonce, on repeat, says:

Here cometh the badger
Here cometh the badger
The badger is nigh
The badger is nigh
Pruneth thy mullet
Pruneth thy mullet
The devil espy
The devil espy

I think it's to do with David Dickinson. If I see him, it's manacle in the basement time. I have one of Hale and Pace there already - even Wikipedia is confused over which is which.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The very WORST that can happen from here on in is that we go into the play-offs with a sane and fully-Albion-focussed manager and a team that won't just roll over in midfield. Which is WAY more than we've ever had before in the Amex era.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We've done well to get back to parity with the other two sides at the top, and if we do go up it will be the sweetest moment in 33 year of football for me personally since waking up as a 14-year old on Cup Final morning in 1983.

Going up this year will be incredibly romantic - next year there will probably be no Zamora, Calde, Greer, Sidwell, even Bruno is out of contract.

To do it whilst all of the big Albion names are still around would be incredible - in many ways a destiny fulfilled.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I'm confident we'll do it one way or the other.

The problem, if we don't make it, is the players we will lose. Prem clubs will target those players who have made us a blockbuster club, and we won't be able to compete with those new-sky contract even higher Prem wages. Face it, we would lose players from this brilliant squad. Probably a minimum of 3.

That's really why these days are hurting so much. The remote prospect of seeing the best squad we have ever had, broken up.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

The problem, if we don't make it, is the players we will lose. Prem clubs will target those players who have made us a blockbuster club, and we won't be able to compete with those new-sky contract even higher Prem wages. Face it, we would lose players from this brilliant squad. Probably a minimum of 3.

That's really why these days are hurting so much. The remote prospect of seeing the best squad we have ever had, broken up.

A grim outlook but near enough an accurate one. Which is why comments such as 'we'll just piss the league next year if we don't go up' annoy me so much.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

This is the dark fear....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here