Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Police office stabbed and assailant shot outside Parliament, Parliament in lockdown

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I imagine this will increase the call for all armed police round London

The Diplomatic Protection Group (armed) police the Houses of Parliament and large parts of Westminster already. The acting Commissioner has just confirmed that the officer who sadly died was an armed officer. Routinely arming police is not the answer to everything, despite the fact that some people think it is.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Absolutely this.

I started a thread regarding an attempt to kill police officers in Northern Ireland, There have been only two replies, no condemnation for this attempted terrorist attack on here.

Why is this?

I don't know why people always bring up this argument, it's utterly ridiculous, and absolutely normal for people to react like this.

If someone was hit by a car in Norwich and someone else was hit by a car outside your front door, which one would you be more interested in? Doesn't mean either person's life is more important, but of course your going to be more affected by the incident closer to home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Stupid comment. it is inevitable that anything on your doorstep would have more effect than an incident thousands of miles away. What else do you expect?
I know that! That's what I just told him

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Just left Victoria & often change at Westminster tube (tho not tonight, it's closed). Was certainly more of a relief than usual when the train left but otherwise everyone's just cracking on with it. Heightened police presence though.

Shocking incident otherwise, thoughts with the bereaved families.

Agree with this. My office is just behind Westminster abbey and like other government buildings we were in lock down and let out about an hour ago. Having a beer on the way home tonight and thoughts with the families of those killed.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Stupid comment. it is inevitable that anything on your doorstep would have more effect than an incident thousands of miles away. What else do you expect?

To be fair HG. he was replying to a comment roughly stating that very few have taken notice of a similar thing today. He is correct, the closer it is to home the more we take notice.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
That is as maybe but until it is confirmed we should keep our own views as that our own view and not shared with others, especially on a public message board

The fear of offending others huh? In my view, that policy is a major part of the problems in this world.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
That's complete rubbish and you know it. Stop trying to score points.
It isn't really. If 30 people die in a suicide attack in Bagdad it gets a 1 minute mention on the news. 4 people have died in London at this moment and we have 24 hour coverage.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
It isn't really. If 30 people die in a suicide attack in Bagdad it gets a 1 minute mention on the news. 4 people have died in London at this moment and we have 24 hour coverage.

London does happpen to be our capital city.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

Its not a stupid comment, The first apologist is here making light of the attack.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Thanks [emoji106]

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Well it really wasn't funny.

There's a time and a place for smartarse comments and this isn't it.

Just walked down to Blackfriars and it feels very nervy. Armed police everywhere

It wasn't supposed to be funny.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Reports now naming the suspect as British race hate preacher Abu Izzadeen. If true (and it's a mighty big if) then that would mean a whole new chapter in homegrown terrorism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here