Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber response - Loyalty Points/Ticket Allocation Outside of Sussex

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think the current system generally works and it is a fact that you can't please everyone all of the time. This stuff about northern fans etc, well where does the north start. Where ever you draw the boundary there will be people just outside of it that will not be happy. The underlying theme is that the rules have been reiterated but that it is unlikely they will be policed vigorously except for where there is trouble.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Loyalty points for every mile you travel.

That day trip in August down to Brighton to watch us play Colchester in the EFL Cup must be worth more than 10 loyalty points. Then consider there were thousands of "more loyal" fans that weren't there!

690 miles....the worst being the 5miles from Shoreham to The Amex with no trains!

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

That day trip in August down to Brighton to watch us play Colchester in the EFL Cup must be worth more than 10 loyalty points. Then consider there were thousands of "more loyal" fans that weren't there!

690 miles....the worst being the 5miles from Shoreham to The Amex with no trains!

Move to Brighton and get a season ticket then! Take it you went to Rotherham on Tuesday? oh and you got 20 points.. so you're right!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Wasn't the fixture v Colchester worth 20pts?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I thought the process was well-established and has worked well for many years now. For away matches where demand exceeds supply, everybody called Beach Hut who missed out on the initial allocation is entitled to tickets.

It really is very straightforward. :shrug: :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Wasn't the fixture v Colchester worth 20pts?

Yes, home cup games are worth 20 points because the Albion is getting your money. Season ticket holders are investing in the club by paying for their home tickets.

As the OP's email says, the club gets nothing from away league matches. It gets a small commission for selling the tickets to fans. So, in effect, going to an away match doesn't support the club monetarily.
Yes the team benefit from the cheers and chants, but that's it, in a nutshell.

Should the scheme be renamed, so that fans don't get hung up on the 'loyalty' aspect? Probably.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Had a look on

https://seagullstickets.com/memberships

and couldn't see mention of it anywhere. Anyone know more about it?

I may well be talking out my rear end, as usual. Or perhaps I made it up, be interesting to know though as I do most anyway so would be a lot easier!

Bozza mentioned it in another thread in reply to me. I found a page via Google but it seems to be superceded by BNthree's link

Here is the (redundant?) info : http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/albion-launch-new-memberships-891092.aspx

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
How many STHs buy the season ticket to secure away tickets? They don't, they want to go to the home games. Why therefore can we not have a loyalty scheme for away games based on prior away games attended. STH could be rewarded for their loyalty ie buying a product/service (attending home games) with a free pie and pint.

I would say that as I live in Bristol and struggle to get back too often due to family commitments.

I am liking this #lots

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Where were all you lot at Crewe away pre-Gus (it was so long ago I can't remember the year I last attended a game) ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Should a 5th rnd FA Cup tie against Arsenal be worth the same as a 1st rnd EFL tie against Colchester?

Surely couldnt be hard to click a box and make the latter 50 points.

Why? Both games would be at the Amex. Away cup games are 10 points, the same as league games.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
How many STHs buy the season ticket to secure away tickets? They don't, they want to go to the home games. Why therefore can we not have a loyalty scheme for away games based on prior away games attended. STH could be rewarded for their loyalty ie buying a product/service (attending home games) with a free pie and pint.

I would say that as I live in Bristol and struggle to get back too often due to family commitments.

Very good idea re scheme for away games attended.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm surprised that no-one has yet suggested making a link between loyalty points and the number of minutes of the match the fan stays for. I had always got the impression, reading NSC, that the true definition of a loyal fan was one who always stayed to the end of the match.

Simple to achieve by adding to the T & Cs a requirement that all fans are chipped (like dogs) so that when you leave scanners at the exit record the time.

It would also solve the Portlock I'm not showing my id' problem as someone can discreetly walk up behind him and scan his neck!!!!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Overall the current scheme is 'fair'. I would say that, I am a localish STH and attend nearly all aways (not 1901 nor Platinum). It is not perfect, and some feel it is indeed unjust. Whatever scheme might be dreamt up and proposed would upset some factions.
If this is what happens now, any escalation should matches ever be higher profile will be a 'kin nightmare.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Why? Both games would be at the Amex. Away cup games are 10 points, the same as league games.

I just think the context of the game needs to be taken into consideration, not all games need to be lumped with the same loyalty points.

They do different match categories for each game, why not similar for the points?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here