Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tammy Abraham injured I see (not tonight). He'll be out for 2-3 weeks. Bristol City don't stand a chance in hell against Huddersfield on the 17th March without him.

In other news, Brentford should match their formation and could cause a shock at home against them on the 11th March.

theboybilly

Huddersfield don't score enough goals and their defence is not quite as solid as ours. The table shows that. Ultimately that will be what keeps them below us in the run in.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Huddersfield are a very good side and in my opinion a joy to watch when they are on theIr game. I would love Mooy in our team. They seem to be peaking at just the right time too

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Huddersfield are a very good side and in my opinion a joy to watch when they are on theIr game. I would love Mooy in our team. They seem to be peaking at just the right time too

They are, but is now a bit too early?

I would be happy to go up with them, but wonder if they might slip up.

Newcastle, Brentford (a), Villa in March. Villa were the unfortunate vs Newcastle and will find form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
All these harsh truths are getting me down, has anyone got any sweet little lies?

They are not harsh truths, just stats. Yes there is a pattern of choking at the tough end of the season which over the past 3 seasons has seen us all bitterly disappointed, and so close to promotion. This is what CH is focused on and he has worked hard to prepare a team that will succeed, especially in the last stages of the season. We have the best chance with key players back and a blip out of the way. Bring it on. If we believe stats are 'harsh truths' then look at ours now, where we are and what team we have. It looks good to me. :albion2:

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
They are not harsh truths, just stats. Yes there is a pattern of choking at the tough end of the season which over the past 3 seasons has seen us all bitterly disappointed, and so close to promotion.
But we didn't choke, did we in any of those seasons. Last season we got record points for a 3rd place and lost in the Play-Offs thanks to injuries etc. Two years before we probably over-achieved and lost in the Play-Offs with a whimper, and the season before that, Gus gave up on us at a vital moment. Choking it ain't.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
But we didn't choke, did we in any of those seasons. Last season we got record points for a 3rd place and lost in the Play-Offs thanks to injuries etc. Two years before we probably over-achieved and lost in the Play-Offs with a whimper, and the season before that, Gus gave up on us at a vital moment. Choking it ain't.

I agree, totally. I use the 'choking' phrase as it is being used so much to wet beds and monger doom. Whatever you call it we have not made it up in recent seasons. As a life long BHA fan I feel we are ready now and we are in great shape to see out he season as one of the top two. Like you, I don't buy into the 'we always blow it' narrative at all. Even the disappointment of recent seasons did not bother me. I felt for the team and the fans, (Palace defeat was horrible), but was proud that BHA were in the running for PL status. To be honest, I don't think we have really been ready until now.

Hugh Jorgan

Jul 30, 2008
Brighton

It could be argued that losing three seasons out of four in the play off semi final is choking. We have not performed in recent times in the really big games at the business end of the season.

I would not be confident if we end up in the play offs again and i am sure i am not alone in that.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good prices on Newcastle 25/1 and Brighton 14/1 to win the play offs...........7/2 Huddersfield.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Happy that Reading & Newcastle are now and not back end of the season, like Burnley last year, which for me was the hardest to take that we didn't win after dominating the game. What makes us better is the winning mentality, coupled with the unpredictability (consistency) of Knockeart and March, Murray in attack, with Hemed a resurgent Baldock, Stephens back and pulling the strings, Duffy & Dunk marshalling the back and Stockdale performing heroics on several occasions..... and finally the calmness of Hughton.

I'd rather be us than Huddersfield, and I believe the return to form at Barnsley last weekend is pivotal. Would take 4 points from the next 2 games, but want to be greedy, so 6 it is.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Little old Huddersfield ripping Barnsley apart, despite being away from home, 11 attempts to 2 by half time.

The Huddersfield blip that some predicted never comes, just win after win after win.

Perhaps this league will end with a race between either Brighton or Newcastle to finish second to champions Huddersfield?

This was all so unlikely when Brighton were 1/10 on to go up automatically just a few weeks ago.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good prices on Newcastle 25/1 and Brighton 14/1 to win the play offs
We've had this discussion. Why would you want any fellow fan making that bet?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Little old Huddersfield ripping Barnsley apart, despite being away from home, 11 attempts to 2 by half time.

The Huddersfield blip that some predicted never comes, just win after win after win.

Perhaps this league will end with a race between either Brighton or Newcastle to finish second to champions Huddersfield?

Or perhaps they'll lose their next five games - who can say?

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

This was all so unlikely when Brighton were 1/10 on to go up automatically just a few weeks ago.

Yep, am half-expecting us to finish second to Huddersfield. All we can do is win our games, not drop too many points and hope it's enough. All matches are massive now and we need to turn up for them all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here