Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ex-Brighton players in management - and who did best?

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Andy Ritchie did a decent job at Oldham.

Paul Jewell was on our books but not sure he ever played.

Frank Stapleton managed Bradford in the 80s.

PG

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
Johnny Crumplin ( Football Genius) was manager at Three Bridges for a while until Real Madrid came calling...
Alright I don't actually know what happened to him after that

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Agree - we all know that football didn't exist until 1992 and I suspect Gregory has the highest ex brighton / manager finish with sixth with Villa. Therefore Gregory is the correct answer.
Ah, but football DID exist before 1992 (and so did some of us!)

Wilkinson (and I think probably Sexton) went higher than sixth - Wilkinson way higher.............

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ah, but football DID exist before 1992 (and so did some of us!)

Wilkinson (and I think probably Sexton) went higher than sixth - Wilkinson way higher.............

Howard Wilkinson won the league (with Leeds). Dave Sexton didn't - runners-up with QPR and Manchester United were his best league finishes. But he won the FA Cup and then the Cup-Winners' Cup (beating Real Madrid) with Chelsea.

Last edited:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
I'll join in with Aldershot's greatest .George Raynor played one season for us,then became Reserve team coach.Moved on to lead Sweden to Olympic Gold in 1948 and bronze in 52 and 3rd in the world cup in 1950 and runners up in 58 .Plus Jimmy Melia who was our Player Manager .

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
Bob Houghton got Malmo to The European Cup final in 79 and also managed China, India & Uzbekistan but I'd say Sexton or Wilkinson

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here