Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Incident London

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
he didnt say it was a solution to the problem , for once hes spot on .

Actually I agree with him. Sort of. I was partly mislead by the 'now' as in after killing people he has 'now' been given British citizenship. That, and the very idea there is a finger-click simple solution, triggered my sarcastic reply. There are lots of 'solutions' of course, but, as I outlined above, deciding where to draw the line (and especially to get the nation to back the plan) is not simple.

Aside from what to do about 'refugees' going forward, we (the 'concerned about terrorism' public) need to think about what to do about people already here.....as I noted the other day there may be analogies with Irish Catholics and the IRA in the 70s.....I don't recall any serious calls for interning or expelling all Irish Catholics - but thinking about it - why not? The situation is the same - people now imagine all muslims in the UK 'sympathize' with terrorisis (I don't but that's neither here nor there) just as everybody 'knew' in the 70s that Irish Catholics all 'sympathized' with the IRA. Thus internment would have solved the problem of atrocities on the British mainland at a stroke. Irrelevant in NI itself - but surely we could have interned all the Catholics there too. Why not? I recall that the subject of your avatar was interned; presumably he learned his lesson and went on to lead a productive life, or packed his bags and headed for Dublin (no, I know what happened on that occasion - no need to put me right). Intresting to know your view on this given your experiences. Do we expel or kill everyone under suspicion, or try something else?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sudanese immigrant,countries such as Poland and Hungary may get critised for not taking in immigrants but also don't suffer from terrorist attacks.Shame western governments don't think more about protecting there citizens.

I don't recall Poland or Hungary every colonising Sudan.
I'm sure we did worse to them than they've done to us.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Actually I agree with him. Sort of. I was partly mislead by the 'now' as in after killing people he has 'now' been given British citizenship. That, and the very idea there is a finger-click simple solution, triggered my sarcastic reply. There are lots of 'solutions' of course, but, as I outlined above, deciding where to draw the line (and especially to get the nation to back the plan) is not simple.

Aside from what to do about 'refugees' going forward, we (the 'concerned about terrorism' public) need to think about what to do about people already here.....as I noted the other day there may be analogies with Irish Catholics and the IRA in the 70s.....I don't recall any serious calls for interning or expelling all Irish Catholics - but thinking about it - why not? The situation is the same - people now imagine all muslims in the UK 'sympathize' with terrorisis (I don't but that's neither here nor there) just as everybody 'knew' in the 70s that Irish Catholics all 'sympathized' with the IRA. Thus internment would have solved the problem of atrocities on the British mainland at a stroke. Irrelevant in NI itself - but surely we could have interned all the Catholics there too. Why not? I recall that the subject of your avatar was interned; presumably he learned his lesson and went on to lead a productive life, or packed his bags and headed for Dublin (no, I know what happened on that occasion - no need to put me right). Intresting to know your view on this given your experiences. Do we expel or kill everyone under suspicion, or try something else?

You are never going to catch everybody in a security net.There were,and still are Irish republican protestants who promote a united Ireland by any means,and plenty of home-grown lunatics (including white ones with ginger hair) who have converted to the religion of peace.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
sudanese eh...?? funny that , why are there no Norwegian terrorists...?? sudan , somalia , syria , pakistan .....all reclaimed colonies of the British Empire ...read on and you will find Oman , Yemen and numerous other countries of Africa ......home to roost , thats all i'm saying , in the interest of keeping things civil....xx

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
sudanese eh...?? funny that , why are there no Norwegian terrorists...?? sudan , somalia , syria , pakistan .....all reclaimed colonies of the British Empire ...read on and you will find Oman , Yemen and numerous other countries of Africa ......home to roost , thats all i'm saying , in the interest of keeping things civil....xx

Sudan - 97% Muslim
Somalia - Majority Muslim
Syria - Majority Muslim
Pakistan - 98% muslim

Reclaimed non muslim countries = no issues

Bit of a theme !

oh and FYI Norway is 70% - Christian

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond

Er... Anders Breivik killed eight people by detonating a van bomb in Oslo, then shot dead 69 (mostly kids) in July 2011.

Too early to make any reasonable assessment of the motivations of the perpetrator of yesterday's attempt (whatever it was)... but terrorism tactics are generally used by those that feel disempowered or resentful enough about the society they are surrounded by, combined with distorted views, hatred and maybe mental illnesses, sufficient to commit desperate acts of violence.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Sudan - 97% Muslim
Somalia - Majority Muslim
Syria - Majority Muslim
Pakistan - 98% muslim

Reclaimed non muslim countries = no issues

Bit of a theme !

oh and FYI Norway is 70% - Christian

if i was a runway and you were a plane .......you'd be ****ed , frankly.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Er... Anders Breivik killed eight people by detonating a van bomb in Oslo, then shot dead 69 (mostly kids) in July 2011.

Too early to make any reasonable assessment of the motivations of the perpetrator of yesterday's attempt (whatever it was)... but terrorism tactics are generally used by those that feel disempowered or resentful enough about the society they are surrounded by, combined with distorted views, hatred and maybe mental illnesses, sufficient to commit desperate acts of violence.

okay son .....tell ya what , i send you 300 quid and you piss off to Morocco for 3 weeks with a sleeping bag and your passport ....i did it in 1984 , i reckon it would be a lot livelier now ....fancy it...??

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
okay son .....tell ya what , i send you 300 quid and you piss off to Morocco for 3 weeks with a sleeping bag and your passport ....i did it in 1984 , i reckon it would be a lot livelier now ....fancy it...??

DEAL! (But see no relation with whatever point you're making....)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
DEAL! (But see no relation with whatever point you're making....)

if you don't see the relation then there is no point in you going ,i'm not shelling out for your careflight home as well.... the game the ex colonies are playing now is , we had our turn , now they are getting their own back , it is widely and openly discussed amongst Africans particularly , and why not indeed , surely it's just like you shaving the eyebrows off of the first kid to fall unconscious at a mates party and then 2 weeks later they shit in your letter box...??? no???

TimWatt

Feb 13, 2011
Richmond
if you don't see the relation then there is no point in you going ,i'm not shelling out for your careflight home as well.... the game the ex colonies are playing now is , we had our turn , now they are getting their own back , it is widely and openly discussed amongst Africans particularly , and why not indeed , surely it's just like you shaving the eyebrows off of the first kid to fall unconscious at a mates party and then 2 weeks later they shit in your letter box...??? no???

.... Yeah, no, er... your mates sound fun.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

ill answer.you later H , just waiting to have an endoscopy ,ooo er :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So he was born in Sudan and now has British citizenship. Why the hell are we handing out British citizenship like confetti? What did this guy ever do to qualify for, or deserve British citizenship? Personally I think there should be a complete review of our citizenship rules. Who we are giving it to and why?

Mo Farrah?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I'll take you up on the Morocco £300 spending offer. Excellent value. Was there 5 years before you with a few minor problems as a kid and spent 2 months there in a camper two years ago and loved them. Lovely people always ready to smile.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For real H , not that subtle with my retorts.:lolol: ive dropped about 3 stone in the last year , got an ulcer in my oesophagus .

Holy crap! Sorry to hear that. Hope they sort you out :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here