Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dunk and Stockdale

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Stockdale has had rotten luck with just about all the goals he's conceded. Sod's law, the majority of them have been placed in just about the most difficult place possible for a keeper to save. That luck will even itself out over the course of the season. IMHO he's a definite asset to the side. apart from anything else, if he hadn't come up for the corner at the end - and got his head to it - each subsequent touch in the added time would have taken a completely different course and Dunk more than likely wouldn't have scored.

nothing to do with luck , he does not command his box , does not come for crosses and stays on his line , and yet to see him make a save

Rocky Robin

Nov 15, 2010
I know a few Fulham fans and they think we have a good keeper and wish they still had Stocker's!. I do think he hasn't made an bloopers but not had many shots to save. I think he will pull through good.......PS did you see when the 2nd Charlton goal went in Casper steam down the tunnel! Made me laugh...

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
I haven't seen him make a save at the Amex. Claimed a couple of highballs well against Wednesday. I felt he should have got something on the first one and could of been quicker off his line for the second today. Certainly his reaction after conceding both goals looked to be one of frustration.
Having said all that you don't play in the premier league if you're a bad goalkeeper so here's hoping.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
People saying he hasnt had to make a save - isnt that therefore down to either -

A) Woeful shooting
B) Decent defending
C) Goals only world-class keepers could have stopped

He hasnt really been tested at the Amex at all, lets be honest. Both of their goals today should have EASILY been prevented by our defence. Those slagging him off simply havent a clue.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
People saying he hasnt had to make a save - isnt that therefore down to either -

A) Woeful shooting
B) Decent defending
C) Goals only world-class keepers could have stopped

He hasnt really been tested at the Amex at all, lets be honest. Both of their goals today should have EASILY been prevented by our defence. Those slagging him off simply havent a clue.....

Correct answer

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I wanted to say Stockdale is a waste of space before he even signed but would get the usual thumbs down so didn't bother. We should play Walton as hes no worse than the clowns we have as No 1 and 2.

How many saves has Stockdale made? I mean, yes, cracking save? None!
See we have a new 'hate' figure...what's up with you moaners..the ball should have not been lost in that quarter. Stockdale has good distribution ..yes two goals conceeded...only one of them partially his fault...if you make a mistake as a midfielder or a forward you can get away with it...do it when goalkeeping and it is fatal...get behind our players...or do you enjoy destroying their confidence...you are supposed to be (SUPPORTERD!) Man upyou pussies.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
You are aware he has come out and apologised for the first goal today? He could've done better, saying there's no way he could've saved it is nonsense, have seen Kusz save far harder ones than that, unless we're just accepting Stockdale isn't up to Kusz's standard.
Kusz was shit in the second half of last season and his distribution was awful, it speaks volumes that he still hasn't signed for another club. You're just looking for a reason to complain.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Thinking along the lines of def not worth the £1.5miliion the club paid.
He looks very nervous and just not with it.
Could possibly end up costing us a lot of silly losses this season.
Kusack was far far better keeper had more about him.
Come back Koosh !!!!!

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
This. Looking at the goals he has conceeded i don t think any bar maybe the 1st today would have been saved by anyone else. Todays 1st i put down to him being unsighted.

Very generous. Think he should have been off his line much quicker for the 2nd as well today - and the first, despite it coming through a ruck of legs, was very vey disappointing.
What's that now, 7 shots on target against us in the league resulting in 5 goals? Not a good stat from a keepers' pov...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Come back Koosh !!!!!
PIG may well be a better keeper but there is no way on earth that Stockdale looks nervous. He is very calm, his trademark chips over an attacker to his defenders demonstrate that!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'd have Stockdale over our dodgy keeper last year and it was thanks to him messing up the defenders minds that we got the second equaliser.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Come back Koosh !!!!!

He would be rubbish under Sami far far too slow and was making mistakes at the end of the season as well.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Kusz was shit in the second half of last season and his distribution was awful, it speaks volumes that he still hasn't signed for another club. You're just looking for a reason to complain.

I'm really not. I haven't said Stockdale was shit and I have nothing against him. He hasn't started great but I'll reserve judgment. Kusz WAS undervalued and taken for granted.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm really not. I haven't said Stockdale was shit and I have nothing against him. He hasn't started great but I'll reserve judgment. Kusz WAS undervalued and taken for granted.

But you're trying to make out that Kusz never did any wrong, when his **** up almost led to us not reaching the playoffs. Yes maybe Stockdale could have done better,but he hasn't made a complete blunder yet has he. There is no way in hell after the matches i've seen that we can even compare the two yet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here