Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan
Montoya-Balogun-Dunk-Bernardo
Knockaert-Bissouma-Propper-March
Groß
Andone​

Subs: Steele, White, Bruno, Loacadia, Kayal, Izquierdo, Jahanbakhsh.

Hopefully Murray isn’t too injured but he did look in some discomfort. Knocky in for Izzy, Balogun replacing Duffy and obviously Andone for Murray.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Ryan
Groß
Andone​

Hopefully Murray isn’t too injured but he did look in some discomfort. Knocky in for Izzy, Balogun replacing Duffy and obviously Andone for Murray.

Agree with all that but Stephens is available and should come onto the bench probably in place of one of the wide men as chances are both wont be fit. I would also expect Bong to be on the bench though hope White is given a chance.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Stephens will probably fit in somewhere (probably on the bench ) but it really wouldn't suprise me at all if he slots back in and Bissouma misses out , tough calls to be made me thinks .

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Ryan
Bruno-Balogun-Dunk-Bong
Knockaert-Stephens-Bissouma-March
Gross
Murray​

Think Hughton will give the nod to Bong in confidence (Burnley fans will get on his back again).

Bruno back in.

Izquierdo out of form and potentially injured, so Knockaert in.

Stephens the nod above Propper.

Murray starts again, assuming fit.

This is what I think will happen, not necessarily what I agree with.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Agree with all that but Stephens is available and should come onto the bench probably in place of one of the wide men as chances are both wont be fit. I would also expect Bong to be on the bench though hope White is given a chance.

Stephens will probably fit in somewhere (probably on the bench ) but it really wouldn't suprise me at all if he slots back in and Bissouma misses out , tough calls to be made me thinks .
Oh Yeah! I forgot about Stephens.

:lolol:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stephens doesn't deserve to get back in the team. Propper and Bissouma have the shirt, and deserve to hold it and, if anything, it's Kayal -- more than Stephens -- that deserves to be aggrieved at any absence, but injuries and suspensions pretty much limit the other choices, although I'd pick Bruno ahead of Montoya for that extra height needed against Burnley:

---------------------- Ryan --------------------------
Bruno ----- Balogun ---- Dunk ----- Benardo
March -- Propper -- Bissouma -- Knockaert
-------------- Gross ---------------------------------
------------------- Andone --------------------------

Subs: Steele, Montoya/White, Bong, Kayal, Stephens, Locadia, Izquierdo/Jahanbakhsh/Murray/AN Other

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Ryan
Groß
Andone​

I think that's probably about right.

A question for the statisticians or historians on NSC, only two English / Home grown players in the starting XI, is this the least number we have had, obviously excluding Huddersfield last week.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think the team picks itself
Ryan
Montoya, Balogun, Dunk, Bernardo
March, Bissouma, Propper, Knockaert
Gross
Andone

No point in risking Bruno, Jahanbakhsh or Murray

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing

Really harsh dropping Biss if so- Stephens needs to wait on the bench imo

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan
Montoya...Balogun....Dunk...Bernardo
Stephen...Bissouma....Propper
March.......Gross
Andone​

Subs. Steele, Bong , White, Knockaert, Murray /Locadia/Izzyquierdo/Jahanbakhsh ( 3 from 4 depending on fitness)

scooter1

How soon is now?
I think the team picks itself
Ryan
Montoya, Balogun, Dunk, Bernardo
March, Bissouma, Propper, Knockaert
Gross
Andone

No point in risking Bruno, Jahanbakhsh or Murray
This is what I hope to see. Posters here changing formations to 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 need to look at how we’ve set up for most of the last 18 months - it’ll be 4-4-1-1 because that’s currently us.
Stephens on the bench, and if he comes straight back into the starting 11, then whoever makes way can feel mighty pissed off.
Last night was immense, fingers crossed the players get enough rest to be fully energised for the weekend

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that CH could well try March up alongside of Gross to provide the width from either when required plus it would give us the added midfield strength of 3 very strong midfielder. It is not a considered formation but a case of horses for courses.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think he’ll roatate a bit as it will be third game in a week.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Personally I would field the team that finished the game plus Gross in behind Andone , however I have a strange feeling because its 3 in a week & CH's tendency to keep faith with the players he gives the most minutes to I think Stephens may well get the nod over Bissouma which would be an injustice to many but CH does not look at things in that manner.

my team

Ryan
Montoya Balogun Dunk Bernado
March Propper Bissouma Knockhaert
Gross
Andone

What I think CH which name

Ryan
Montoya Balogun Dunk Bong
Knockhaert Stephens Propper March
Gross
Murrey (if fit) Andone (if not)