Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 24-26/11

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
One of THE oldest cliches in football is you have to earn the right to play. Wolves just thought they could turn up and bamboozle their opponents. Huddersfield will ****ing tear into us next weekend.

Sadly I feel your pessimism will probably not be missplaced !

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Hudds from bottom to 14th.

Shows how fragile it is at the bottom... and we're still amongst it all. A few defeats and we'll be at real threat of relegation again.

Just perhaps we are already. If we are simply setting up to achieve an average point per game it may prove to be a flawed strategy ! Last season was too close to call until the Manu. win.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Sadly I feel your pessimism will probably not be missplaced !

I’m not pessimistic, far from it because I think we have some of the best footballers I’ve ever seen in my club’s shirt - but next weekend we’re facing a team we know we’ll. We know what they’ll do and it we don’t adapt we’ll get beat. They will press and hunt us all over the pitch. I just want Chris to accept that and pick a team and formation to counter them. Power and running and a proper match up in midfield is a MUST.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I’m not pessimistic, far from it because I think we have some of the best footballers I’ve ever seen in my club’s shirt - but next weekend we’re facing a team we know we’ll. We know what they’ll do and it we don’t adapt we’ll get beat. They will press and hunt us all over the pitch. I just want Chris to accept that and pick a team and formation to counter them. Power and running and a proper match up in midfield is a MUST.

The really sad thing is that is exactly what we have...knocky and izzy are both pacy wingers who are capable of ripping teams apart, as well as andone who has pace. Murray and locy not so much.

So we are a pacy team, it is just they are shackled by the edict that must be drummed into them..."when in doubt pass it back".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The really sad thing is that is exactly what we have...knocky and izzy are both pacy wingers who are capable of ripping teams apart, as well as andone who has pace. Murray and locy not so much.

So we are a pacy team, it is just they are shackled by the edict that must be drummed into them..."when in doubt pass it back". Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly.

ps.. what is your loyalty next week? Or do you view as a neutral? :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can you imagine what a binfest it would be on here, if we were 2 down to the bottom club? It was bad enough with us getting a draw against 10 men.
If Wolves had been playing negative football for while, maybe they'd be annoyed too.

And Huddersfield were only the bottom club because we gave the previous bottom club 3 points last game.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010

I absolutely agree, I still have nightmares about the away fixture to them in the Championship where we were, as you allude, trashed by them ! So I agree entirely !

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wolves board in meltdown....Nuno outhought by Wagner......slow to adapt his tactics ...players not good enough ..blimey I thought this only applied to us :whistle:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just perhaps we are already. If we are simply setting up to achieve an average point per game it may prove to be a flawed strategy ! Last season was too close to call until the Manu. win.

It wasn't really that close. Last season 18th managed 33 points and we reached 34 points with 9 games to go (after beating Arsenal). It looks like 18th will be even lower this season so a point per game would see us home and dry by mid April.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I absolutely agree, I still have nightmares about the away fixture to them in the Championship where we were, as you allude, trashed by them ! So I agree entirely !

We were trashed by them then because they were absolutely amazing. When that happens, you just have to sit and (internally) applaud the opposition for a deserved victory. When we played them up there last season, we were absolute toilet. They didn't even have to really try to beat us, and achieved it easily.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Big one tonight.

Newcastle have lost their last 10 Monday night games by all accounts.

What result do YOU want?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Big one tonight.

Newcastle have lost their last 10 Monday night games by all accounts.

What result do YOU want?
Burnley more likely to get out of the mixer and end up comfortably safe. So Burnley win or a draw please.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In all matches between fellow strugglers the best result for me is a draw

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Burnley more likely to get out of the mixer and end up comfortably safe. So Burnley win or a draw please.

That's where I am.

I tend to want a result based on what I think the table is likely to be at the business end of the season, not what it is right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here