Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving threads moved to the other stuff/archive

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Given what appears under your name, I do wonder whether you should be moving threads and making judgements about others. It seems strange if you are then moderating other posts.

Fair dos. I had avatars switched off and therefore I forgot I had that one from before I joined the team. You are correct and I agree it was inappropriate for a mod. I've deleted it now.

That said, a tiny thumbnail pic will never affect my judgement of what's inappropriate content and accusations that it might aren't very welcome.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Fair dos. I had avatars switched off and therefore I forgot I had that one from before I joined the team. You are correct and I agree it was inappropriate for a mod. I've deleted it now.

That said, a tiny thumbnail pic will never affect my judgement of what's inappropriate content and accusations that it might aren't very welcome.

Thank you for your reply. Of course you can have what you had there, and make consistent judgements about others -it is just rather hypocritical, is it not? I am not sure what you mean here and suspect that that there might be an element of misunderstanding.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
[/B]
Thank you for your reply. Of course you can have what you had there, and make consistent judgements about others -it is just rather hypocritical, is it not? I am not sure what you mean here and suspect that that there might be an element of misunderstanding.

You're quite right. I read it back and thought, "God I sound precious"!!!

Carry on, good sir! :)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
But this board isn't a democracy. It's owned by Bozza, and he has put moderators in place as he sees fit.

Looking at the threads moved in there, they are all the same. Tiresome immigration-related rubbish ending up with the same old people hurling insults. If the mods aren't heartily sick of them, everyone else almost certainly is (I suspect).

It does seem rather strange, coming from yourself, who told me not so long ago that he could not be bothered to waste time on me.

I imagine that I am like most folk on here, who look at the threads and decide on where we would like to contribute, usually where we have some sort of knowledge and can make a useful contribution -even if others on the thread don't think so! If I have nothing to say, do not know much about the topic, or am just entirely disinterested, then I don't look at the thread. Perhaps I am wrong here, but it strikes me as common sense to ignore what you do not like, and thus I find it odd when folk come on to a thread which does not interest them, and criticise others for taking part. How can one be "heartily sick" of something you are perfectly at will to ignore?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It does seem rather strange, coming from yourself, who told me not so long ago that he could not be bothered to waste time on me.

I imagine that I am like most folk on here, who look at the threads and decide on where we would like to contribute, usually where we have some sort of knowledge and can make a useful contribution -even if others on the thread don't think so! If I have nothing to say, do not know much about the topic, or am just entirely disinterested, then I don't look at the thread. Perhaps I am wrong here, but it strikes me as common sense to ignore what you do not like, and thus I find it odd when folk come on to a thread which does not interest them, and criticise others for taking part. How can one be "heartily sick" of something you are perfectly at will to ignore?

Simple answer. You open a thread you hope has taken a sensible course, but on certain subjects it usually hasn't. You can't actually tell until you've opened it. And then of course, it stays near the top of the board while the usual suspects take turns abusing each other.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Simple answer. You open a thread you hope has taken a sensible course, but on certain subjects it usually hasn't. You can't actually tell until you've opened it. And then of course, it stays near the top of the board while the usual suspects take turns abusing each other.

With respect, my friend, you are being just as pompous now as you were a while ago. You hope it has taken a sensible course, but then you decide it has not. Others may disagree, so the idea of "sensible" is very subjective. Of course needless insults are unnecessary, but they are invariably only a small part of the general dialogue. Yes, it may well stay on top of the board, but how is this important? You see what it is, decide that you want no part of it, and scroll down. What could be simpler?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
With respect, my friend, you are being just as pompous now as you were a while ago. You hope it has taken a sensible course, but then you decide it has not. Others may disagree, so the idea of "sensible" is very subjective. Of course needless insults are unnecessary, but they are invariably only a small part of the general dialogue. Yes, it may well stay on top of the board, but how is this important? You see what it is, decide that you want no part of it, and scroll down. What could be simpler?
I'm no more pompous than the mods then. Plenty of people see these threads taking the same old course and consider them utterly tedious.

All I'm saying is that I agree with the mods, especially given the sensitivity of Google who through their ads, fund the board. Put it another way, what is the problem with it being in the "Other Stuff" section? If you like those threads so much, what is to stop you carrying on contributing to them over there?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I've moved many of the threads.

NSC is a broad church, and if people want to cut and paste articles about migrants and Muslims and stick them here they are welcome to do so. The threads have a relatively small footprint in terms of contributors, and just clog up the main board with vitriol, accusations and arguments that we cannot be bothered to mediate.

Some people also take great delight on these threads in trying to circumnavigate the swear filter, which adds to the tedium.

By putting the threads into The Other Stuff

(a) It reduces the chances of our Google overlords getting the hump, and
(b) Those people who want NSC to be a mini Daily Express front page have their own special area where they can 'debate' something which has been discussed to death.

Lot's of threads that have been moved are also News and Politics related so if what you are saying is the way to go then surely there should be another sub-forum called News & Politics rather than The Other Stuff / Archive

There are relevant and interesting debates on these threads, but in any case repeat offending by a user to what you describe above (alfredmizen springs to mind) should be suspended or banned regardless of what sub-forum they are on.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Interesting to see who the moderators are who are constantly removing these threads.

I am also pleased to note that clearly, their political persuasions have nothing to do with their decision to remove them.

I am sure most posters are fully aware that Hans Kray and El Presidente could both be described as extreme right wing....I think ?

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Lot's of threads that have been moved are also News and Politics related so if what you are saying is the way to go then surely there should be another sub-forum called News & Politics rather than The Other Stuff / Archive

There are relevant and interesting debates on these threads, but in any case repeat offending by a user to what you describe above (alfredmizen springs to mind) should be suspended or banned regardless of what sub-forum they are on.

I hear what you're saying but news and politics threads ARE welcome on the main board. There's plenty of them there and they don't all end up in the 'Other Stuff'. It's only when they get tired/repetitive/insulting they may get moved for the reasons HKFC, El P and myself have mentioned.

Have a read of [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s two posts in this link. If you think threads shouldn't have been moved, then do the actions in his 2nd post.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...s-forum-is-all-about-***-UPDATED-07-03-13-***

Also worth remembering this section used to be called "Childish Ramblings". Seems more apt than ever currently!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I hear what you're saying but news and politics threads ARE welcome on the main board. There's plenty of them there and they don't all end up in the 'Other Stuff'. It's only when they get tired/repetitive/insulting they may get moved for the reasons HKFC, El P and myself have mentioned.

If people still want to post in that thread - it is still there isn't it ? I doubt there are many more ways of saying the same things though. Not that it seemed to bother the regulars.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If people still want to post in that thread - it is still there isn't it ? I doubt there are many more ways of saying the same things though. Not that it seemed to bother the regulars.

The threads are there, anyone who wants to contribute can do so.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Have a read of [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]'s two posts in this link. If you think threads shouldn't have been moved, then do the actions in his 2nd post.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...s-forum-is-all-about-***-UPDATED-07-03-13-***

Also worth remembering this section used to be called "Childish Ramblings". Seems more apt than ever currently!

It was just a suggestion. Stick the threads where you want.

Most of NSC is "Childish Ramblings" anyway. I didn't realise there was a sophisticated section, can you point me to it?

Jan 30, 2008
if people are being abusive move the thread.......i think everyone would agree

take the UK net migration hits record high thread though........moved when it hit page 308......i cant see why it was moved then considering the previous 307 pages........some mod must have had a good reason for moving it at page 308..........it would be good to know why........boredom is not a valid reason
some people don't like the truth:whistle:
regards
DR

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I'm no more pompous than the mods then. Plenty of people see these threads taking the same old course and consider them utterly tedious.
All I'm saying is that I agree with the mods, especially given the sensitivity of Google who through their ads, fund the board. Put it another way, what is the problem with it being in the "Other Stuff" section? If you like those threads so much, what is to stop you carrying on contributing to them over there?

I assume that you have carried out a survey to ascertain this, or perhaps just thought that you would add "plenty" to lend a bit of credence. Folk may or may not find it tedious, but quite frankly this is irrelevant. IF you find it tedious, then just ignore it, surely. By the way, I have no objection whatsoever to your suggestion that anything not directly to do with the Albion is put in the "other stuff" section. That seems quite sensible. But the same observations such as those made by yourself will surely be made there?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here