Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls target Chris Wood - £12m - The Sun

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I don't get the Wood bashing myself. I would have him here

I'd have Wood here, just not for the sum being bandied about. Can't see us being in the running when there is better value elsewhere and that's kind of our thing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Wood is just not a priority in my opinion. A long term replacement for Murray and competition for Hemed and arguably a small upgrade on both, yes, but what we need now is a Vardy style player. A super quick striker who knows where the back of the net is but has the strength to hold up play. Dwemena and Niasse fit the bill and there are probably a few more the club are following, hopefully we don't have to wait too long as this sort of player is vital for CH to have in his armoury I believe.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The main reason I don't like him, and call me superficial if you must, is because he's pig ugly. Other than that he is clearly a player who is improving year on year so on balance it would be a "yes" from me.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Naylor has reported, again, just a few minutes ago that this is a non starter.

[tweet]896308461931302912[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd imagine the Albion would be more likely to go after the replacement Leeds have lined up:-

Pierre-Michel Lasogga.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Prefer Bobby Wood (Hamburg) instead

5 ft 10 in, sorry that's a no from me.

Pierre is 6 ft 2,5 in, shave Izzy's hair and stick it on him and he'll be close to 7 ft.
The teams average height would almost double in 1 transfer.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
5 ft 10 in, sorry that's a no from me.

Pierre is 6 ft 2,5 in, shave Izzy's hair and stick it on him and he'll be close to 7 ft.
The teams average height would almost double in 1 transfer.

Fits the bill (speedy poacher who can also act as a target man if needed). I'm saying this because he did okay up front on his own for Hamburg

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I still don't think he's any better than Murray or Hemed.

The bloke is a poacher, watch his goals last season and they are almost all from inside the penalty spot. I think he needs the team to play to his strengths so he's the focal point of the attack. He won't get that kind of service in the Prem.

If it was £8ish mill then it might be worth taking a punt on him, but at that price I agree with [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] - even if you think he's better than what we've got he's certainly not £16m better.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
What part of

> seldom are our targets publicised
> hard work in lesser-lauded leagues to discover better options

did this rumour even fit?

I admit the thread drew me, but only in trepidation and dread. OK maybe not dread but decent player or not he didn't seem to represent the value we've been looking for.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Good dream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here