Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Lawrence

Stumpy Tim

https://www.clubcall.com/brighton-and-hove-albion/brighton-to-battle-for-lawrence-1858217.html

I'm sure it's a nothing report but rumors still going that we are interested.

Maybe £9-10M would do it?

I think he really would provide quality back-up/competition for AK & SM (Yes I think Skalak & Murphy are a level below those and not upto holding down a full time position on a wing in the PL)

That's a lot of money for back-up/competition. Seems strange being linked to these wingers - we need an out and out striker, and a central midfielder. I'll be happy if we spend our entire budget on those two players

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
https://www.clubcall.com/brighton-and-hove-albion/brighton-to-battle-for-lawrence-1858217.html

I'm sure it's a nothing report but rumors still going that we are interested.

Maybe £9-10M would do it?

I think he really would provide quality back-up/competition for AK & SM (Yes I think Skalak & Murphy are a level below those and not upto holding down a full time position on a wing in the PL)

Is it just me that thinks Lawrence is a centre forward not a wide man... I could have sworn he played up top for Ipswich last season. I know he has the capability to play in a wider role, but for me if we sign him it will be as a centre forward who gives us options to play him elsewhere.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is it just me that thinks Lawrence is a centre forward not a wide man... I could have sworn he played up top for Ipswich last season. I know he has the capability to play in a wider role, but for me if we sign him it will be as a centre forward who gives us options to play him elsewhere.
Not just you.

He basically plays the exact same set of positions as Izzy Brown.

Which is why I suspect this transfer became very unlikely when Izzy signed. Maybe it was one or the other.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
Attacking Midfielder for me, wide or central. If 4-4-1-1 is the plan, then Lawrence could fit the wide roles or the 1 behind the forward, so would make some logical sense in giving CH options.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Izzy Brown is a loan.. making Lawrence a permanent signing is a win-win. If he turns out to make a big impact in the premier league aged 23, we will almost definitely triple his value. If he doesn't, he won't command high wages and is an excellent championship player as he has proven already and could potentially help us get back up if the worst happens and we are relegated. I'm in.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That's a lot of money for back-up/competition. Seems strange being linked to these wingers - we need an out and out striker, and a central midfielder. I'll be happy if we spend our entire budget on those two players

Whenever I saw him last season he played as a number 10.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
The Twitter rumour that a deal had been agreed @ £10m is a false account which is not to rule it out but (bizarrely) the Niasse and Jovetic rumours currently have better pedigree :lol:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton

I agree. I can't see where he fits now we have signed Gross and Brown.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The Twitter rumour that a deal had been agreed @ £10m is a false account which is not to rule it out but (bizarrely) the Niasse and Jovetic rumours currently have better pedigree [emoji38]
I thought the Jovetic rumour was made up as well? There isn't anything on HITC where the 'news' is supposed to have come from.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I thought the Jovetic rumour was made up as well? There isn't anything on HITC where the 'news' is supposed to have come from.

But it was posted under the "real" O'Rourke's account......at least as far as I can work out :shrug:
Note also that its excluded from Naylor's general disclaimer tweet. :lolol:

Of course it's probably all total bollocks but as a fan you have to enjoy a little laugh at yourself

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But it was posted under the "real" O'Rourke's account......at least as far as I can work out :shrug:
Note also that its excluded from Naylor's general disclaimer tweet. [emoji38]ol:

Of course it's probably all total bollocks but as a fan you have to enjoy a little laugh at yourself
I don't think that's the real account. The real account has 70 odd thousand followers, the one you quote has a thousand or so and has just as I write, changed its name to 'Ryan'. The one reporting Lawrence has only a few.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I don't think that's the real account. The real account has 70 odd thousand followers, the one you quote has a thousand or so and has just as I write, changed its name to 'Ryan'. The one reporting Lawrence has only a few.

I'm confused too!!! :lol:

I THINK the Lawrence rumour is on the false site and the Jovetic rumour is on the proper one.
In fairness though the proper one has no great credibility :shrug:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thought Naylor already boo hoo this.

Sounds similar to the Gomez saga where everyone on here banging on about getting him when it had been ruled out weeks before.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Thought Naylor already boo hoo this.

Sounds similar to the Gomez saga where everyone on here banging on about getting him when it had been ruled out weeks before.

Pat Murphy has said that Brighton are interested, he's usually ITK, as they say.....

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Looks like Derby may have hit their ceiling at £7 million and are moving on.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/derby-county-move-tom-lawrence-272633

Gary Rowett has hinted that Derby County could move on from their bid to sign Leicester City forward Tom Lawrence.

The Rams have had a £7m offer for the 23-year-old rejected, it is understood.

Rowett is keen to add one or two "different attacking options" to the squad before the transfer window closes at the end of this month.

But the Rams boss says they have other targets and they will not go beyond their own valuations.

Rowett was reluctant to talk about Lawrence.

"I probably wouldn't appreciate an opposing manager talking about our players, and so I think it is always hard to talk about players," he said.

"We have an interest in many different players. We admire Tom (Lawrence) as a player, but he is a Leicester player and he is contracted to them. It is difficult to talk about other players, it almost feels disrespectful."

Asked if it is likely Derby will move on from Lawrence, Rowett said: "We have always had a good list of targets and we have always spoke about moving through those targets methodically.

"While those targets are still available, we will still keep pushing for the ones we want but as with any sensible planning we have got a Plan B and Plan C. How many letters are there in the alphabet?

"We are genuinely looking at all the options.

"Where we cannot quite make the deal happen, of course we have got to look to move on.

"There are certain values we will go to and certain values we won't for deals, and we have been prepared on three or four occasions this summer to move on and walk away. We have to do that with any target."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here