Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevan Jovetic

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In your view, is it possible (and is it done by other clubs) that in order not to break a salary cap, he could be paid a 'Golden Hello'. This could be several million in the case of the striker in question and then he sits on £20k - £40k PW like the majority of the squad; then everyone is happy including me.

There are plenty of ways of structuring pay deals. Bonuses, image rights, all sorts. But in every club, different players are on different contracts.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Parachutes are there for a reason, so we are covered for 3 years.

As others have said, the wage could be reduced and offset by a larger signing on fee, but honestly I somehow doubt our current players on 45k are going to cause disharmony because a fairly high profile striker comes in and gets 65k anyway. These are the kinds of numbers we're going to have to get used to eventually.

Altogether don't think this is too unrealistic, but I'm not convinced either way, isn't he more of a forward?

2 years.

Edit. I see you've already been made aware of this.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Big difference between 65k a week and stupid stuff seen in England with very average PL players on 120-140k. I'd be suprised if this happened but if we were to pull off a marquee signing this is the kind of one you'd predict. His club want rid so by holding on longer than we would ideally like to, we might be able to save a couple million on the fee that can be used toward the wages. Playing hardball and gambling that nobody is going to overpay.

He's still a good age at 27 and exactly the type of striker we would want to compliment what we have already. Also most places he's been he's probably been the complimentary player in the attack not the main man. He scores more prolifically for Montenegro where he's the focus and he might crave being that at his age. Unlikely but we can dream!

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Love this to be true. Sadly if Seville are reluctant on wages you would guess the same would be true for us. Well I can dream until Naylor says no as usual.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Love this to be true. Sadly if Seville are reluctant on wages you would guess the same would be true for us. Well I can dream until Naylor says no as usual.

Why would that be the case? Are we not playing in "the richest League in the World" now? I would have assumed there is less money in La Liga (outside the top two who are above such issues) that the EPL, which should translate to us having the ability to spend a little more than them on wages. Also, being newbies in the top flight we don't have any old contracts still knocking around that are draining our resources.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Why would that be the case? Are we not playing in "the richest League in the World" now? I would have assumed there is less money in La Liga (outside the top two who are above such issues) that the EPL, which should translate to us having the ability to spend a little more than them on wages. Also, being newbies in the top flight we don't have any old contracts still knocking around that are draining our resources.
Also we have spent about £12 million in transfer fees compared to £40 million or so by Huddersfield, so there should still be plenty of gold coins in the treasury.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Also we have spent about £12 million in transfer fees compared to £40 million or so by Huddersfield, so there should still be plenty of gold coins in the treasury.

Exactly. I think we've all got into a bit of an automatic knee jerk with the whole "wages" as an immediately dampener on potential signings, but the reality is that we are now in a better position than we have ever been, and one of the better positions in the whole of Europe. No baggage of old contracts, have a huge EPL income, not spending on redeveloping a stadium, and as you have said, we are yet to spunk a massive chunk of our money on transfer fees. I certainly don't think we are out of the running because Seville are struggling with his wage demand.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Agreed. I believe the club are playing the transfer market like a game of poker. They are seeing who "Blinks First" to get the best deal.

I seriously believe we will be getting the players in (especially the striker we all crave) that we need.

I think we will get them in by 1 September, not necessarily 12 August.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Agreed. I believe the club are playing the transfer market like a game of poker. They are seeing who "Blinks First" to get the best deal.

I seriously believe we will be getting the players in (especially the striker we all crave) that we need.

I think we will get them in by 1 September, not necessarily 12 August.

And therein lies the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Why ?... will Home to City and away to Leicester and Watford define our season before the window closes

Of course it does we are going to be the first side relegated by the end of August. Whilst ots impossible I read it on here so it must be true

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why ?... will Home to City and away to Leicester and Wahttp://www.northstandchat.com/images/smilies/smiley.giftford define our season before the window closes

The first 2 games will give CH an early indication of where we stand and what we need, hopefully on loan before the window closes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here