Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
We could end up with a PM who is cosy with Terrorist Groups

How embarrassing would that be. Corbyn will make us a laughing stock. Clearly however he has appeal among hard left idealistic students in the same way Lucas does.

On the plus side swopping Mooy for Norwood would make my day slightly better.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They can't. That puts labour in a minority government. They hate Corbyn more than May.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

It's funny. The Tories have spent the last two years terrifying the sick and disabled and ensuring many of us round here can't get to work by train. Now you're one bout of the sniffles or a cancelled train away from losing a crucial vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Amazing how the usual suspects are still trying to frame this solely within Brexit. General Elections are never single issue.
Pastafarian is only making himself feel better. Personally I can't see Brexit remaining on the same course as it is now - the tone of negotiation at the least will have to change dramatically. I think the near complete collapse of the UKIP vote pretty much points to the fact that there simply isn't a will to have these hard-line Brexiteers like Davis and Duncan-Smith negotiating for us.

I can now see a more conciliatory soft Brexit happening, arguably amounting to a sort of associate membership like Norway enjoy.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
pram1.jpg

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Do you mean Theresa May? Met with the Saudi government that covertly funds Isis just months ago. Is that the PM cosying up to terrorist groups your reffering to?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I'm sorry describing something insidous as a cancer, isn't demeaning to terminally ill. It is widely used phrase to emphasise the wickedness of something. Reading that comment as an insensitve swipe at terminally ill (where does he mention terminally ill?) is frankly, either ignorant or sour grapes.

I would never use the word 'cancer' in such a way. Perhaps you would. Perhaps you don't have relatives facing the disease.
No sour grapes here. I'm old Labour ie pre the 1980s shenanigans. I'm not sure who to
support these days.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Pastafarian is only making himself feel better. Personally I can't see Brexit remaining on the same course as it is now - the tone of negotiation at the least will have to change dramatically. I think the near complete collapse of the UKIP vote pretty much points to the fact that there simply isn't a will to have these hard-line Brexiteers like Davis and Duncan-Smith negotiating for us.

I can now see a more conciliatory soft Brexit happening, arguably amounting to a sort of associate membership like Norway enjoy.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Any reassessment on Corbyn?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
How embarrassing would it be seeing someone as incompetent as May entering into complicated negotiations about our split with the EU?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Watching TV and social media this morning, is this country now the most divided its ever been? Worrying times, whatever the colour of your rosette.

Yep, lots of pretty nasty stuff flying around, more from the left than the right on my feeds it seems. I've kept out of giving opinions on all political discussions on social media in the run up, and not going to start now. It was the same over Brexit.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Any reassessment on Corbyn?
He's confounded critics and run an impressive campaign which offered a real choice. You have to respect that.

But then as [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] points out, he's just lost an election to the most arrogant lazy Tory campaign we have and will ever see, probably because of his alienating of the centre and right of his party. He certainly deserves to keep his job if he can build bridges in his own party and reel in the centre left.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I would never use the word 'cancer' in such a way. Perhaps you would. Perhaps you don't have relatives facing the disease.
No sour grapes here. I'm old Labour ie pre the 1980s shenanigans. I'm not sure who to
support these days.

I'm sorry if you have relatives facing the disease, I certainly don't want to upset you or have a pop under those circumstances. So I will apologise if I reacted a bit strongly there. I was just pointing out that cancer isn't just used as a word to define the disease.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
How embarrassing would it be seeing someone as incompetent as May entering into complicated negotiations about our split with the EU?

And that idiot Corbyn would make a better job of it?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
How embarrassing would that be. Corbyn will make us a laughing stock. Clearly however he has appeal among hard left idealistic students in the same way Lucas does.

On the plus side swopping Mooy for Norwood would make my day slightly better.

I assume you're talking about the Tories and the DUP? Yep, outrageous....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here