Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] £14 Craft Beer Crate (£10 off, no obligation to buy any more)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
fe53d46cd60ddbfd0299c55341c87657.jpg

Seems an okay selection. A few breweries I know and some I don't...which is what the objective is I guess. Given its October I would have expected some stout or porter though.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Seems an okay selection. A few breweries I know and some I don't...which is what the objective is I guess. Given its October I would have expected some stout or porter though.

Possibly went for the light beer only option, as he said he wasn't too keen on dark ales.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Bottles:

Ilkley Brewery Dinner Ale
Buxton Brewery Moor Top Pale Ale
Panda Frog Project Pils Craft Cech Pilsner
Bunsen Atom American Brown Ale
Thornbridge Lukas Helles Lager
North Union Brewing Co. Amber/Gold Craft Lager

Cans:

Northern Monk Brew Co. New World IPA
North Brewing Co. Sputnik Pale Ale
Chorlton Brewing Co. Slow Beer
Bad Co. Comfortably Numb Pale Ale

Snack: Munchy Seeds Chilli Bites.

What %'s are they? Is there any 3/4%'s in there? Or generally 5%+?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I can get ten litres of Frosty Jack's for that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What %'s are they? Is there any 3/4%'s in there? Or generally 5%+?

Seemed to be a real variety - I certainly saw some 3.x%. One of my favourites, which I have quite often is Brewdog's Dead Pony Club and that's a 3.x% too.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The main benefit of cans is that craft beer keeps better; UV light degrades beer and opaque cans are therefore preferable to glass. They are also easier and cheaper to ship and store and therefore are greener e.g. If you buy cans from Brewdog you can get two 330 cans in the space for one 330 bottle ie twice as many in the same space. They can also be chilled quicker.

feel an urge to chip in on this, coloured bottles quite happily deal with UV so thats a load of marketing guff. they are cheaper and better storage so thats the reason. they do also help chill, but as ale should be served at ~10c ideally, so that creates a problem, though same for bottles (i leave out for about 30-45 minutes, does about right). end of day its a another trend from the US.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
feel an urge to chip in on this, coloured bottles quite happily deal with UV so thats a load of marketing guff. they are cheaper and better storage so thats the reason. they do also help chill, but as ale should be served at ~10c ideally, so that creates a problem, though same for bottles (i leave out for about 30-45 minutes, does about right). end of day its a another trend from the US.

The move from botttles to cans seems t be progressing at quite a rate, based on my unscientific study of the Tesco Worthing craft beer section. There are far more cans now than there were even a few months ago.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
The move from botttles to cans seems t be progressing at quite a rate, based on my unscientific study of the Tesco Worthing craft beer section. There are far more cans now than there were even a few months ago.

I know someone that has his own craft beer brewery in Haywards Heath and they only sell in cans. When I asked why, he said it was purely to do with the fact that it costs significantly less. According to him, the science behind it is just a myth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I really can be arsed to argue the merits of bottles versus cans. The reasons given make sense to me but it's not a topic I feel strongly about. Sorry.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
at the end of day its a another trend from the US.

I think your use of the word "ale" and this statement tells me all I need to know

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Happy to wait until the Friday night drinking thread to taste test with others who have ordered.
Looks like the Friday night Drinking thread is going to be a belter with all these beer crates flying about. I might need to up my game from the standard 8 cans of Thatchers Gold from the Polish shop at the end of the road!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Looks like the Friday night Drinking thread is going to be a belter with all these beer crates flying about. I might need to up my game from the standard 8 cans of Thatchers Gold from the Polish shop at the end of the road!

Ha! That reminds me - earlier in this thread someone asked about cider boxes. I found a few, but none with such good introductory offers...

Crafty Nectar: http://www.craftynectar.com

Orchard Box: http://www.orchardbox.co.uk

Fetch Cider Club: http://fetchthedrinks.com/product/cider-club-subscription/

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Got mine on order. Following the PS one, this is another good deal - thanks [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Mines just arrived, Exactly the same as Bozzas selection. Looking forward to a tasting session over the weekend.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Mines just arrived, Exactly the same as Bozzas selection. Looking forward to a tasting session over the weekend.

Same here.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Just phoned up to cancel my subscription. It took less than a minute and I received a confirmation email two minutes later.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I think your use of the word "ale" and this statement tells me all I need to know

Indeed - the acronym IPA can refer to

India Pale ALE
or Irritating Pretentious A'hole

Clearly cans are on the way back because the technology has improved. Bottles have prevaled for a long time as cans left a metallic taste on beer. The thin coating used on the inside of modern cans, along with turning the hops level up to 11, means that any subtle flavour changes are unnoticeable. I am still not a fan of the things though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here