Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dean Cox confirmed as a Crawley Town player

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
To my mind, Dean Cox is another Ashley Barnes. A player bafflingly underrated by a large percentage of our fans. I'll always love tiny Cox. Hope he does well at Crawley.

I always thought most of our fans rated him? In terms of a decent league 1 player, was never up to the Championship but a model pro and gives 100% for whatever club he plays for.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I always thought most of our fans rated him? In terms of a decent league 1 player, was never up to the Championship but a model pro and gives 100% for whatever club he plays for.

Certainly was a fans favourite in some dreadful campaigns at Withdean. He always gave 100% but as soon as Gus Poyet came in, his days were numbered. Gus didn't approve of the players that liked going out drinking. Tiny Cox loved the nightlife and was regularly spotted by fans on NSC!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Certainly was a fans favourite in some dreadful campaigns at Withdean. He always gave 100% but as soon as Gus Poyet came in, his days were numbered. Gus didn't approve of the players that liked going out drinking. Tiny Cox loved the nightlife and was regularly spotted by fans on NSC!

Agreed! He could be frustrating sometimes but scored some cracking goals and I always felt he was one of the players most likely to make something happen. As you say though if you piss off Gus you're out the door!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
And by Hebard Albion operation manager in the early days :facepalm:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One would assume they have signed him now to train with the squad and perhaps go out on loan to Whitehawk to play with Jake again, or similar to get some game time in to maintain his match fitness level for January.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Provided me with my funniest Albion moment, ever...

attachment.php

There's something not quite right about seeing Guy Butters holding hands and doing Ring-a-ring-a-roses !!!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Hope he does well there when he can play.
Always gave it his all and always appreciated the supporters.
A damn decent pro in my book.

Ryde

Sep 22, 2005
Carisbrooke
One would assume they have signed him now to train with the squad and perhaps go out on loan to Whitehawk to play with Jake again, or similar to get some game time in to maintain his match fitness level for January.

Jake is now playing for Hemel Hempstead Town F.C.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Thought I'd seen a tweet from him or about him that he had turned down a 500K move during the summer, must have pi**ed of
his employers a lot for them to have released him after the window closed leaving him high and dry. From what I've heard he likes to stay close to his roots as his family always travel to watch him play so keeping the distance they have to travel is important to him, which is commendable, an all round nice lad.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Thought I'd seen a tweet from him or about him that he had turned down a 500K move during the summer, must have pi**ed of
his employers a lot for them to have released him after the window closed leaving him high and dry. From what I've heard he likes to stay close to his roots as his family always travel to watch him play so keeping the distance they have to travel is important to him, which is commendable, an all round nice lad.

I think it was Northampton, but not sure of the reasons it fell through.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think that when we were crap at Withdean having tiny cox was one of the few things that kept us going ???

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
There's something not quite right about seeing Guy Butters holding hands and doing Ring-a-ring-a-roses !!!!

Its the fact that, due to the timing of the photo Guy looks like a Centaur.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here