GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Lets not get carried away here!!Leicester did not let him go for no reason and chris is giving him another chance to prove himself!!!He can be a bit of a people pleaser amd made a lot of incorrect decisions last evening!!!!!lets wait and see what he provides next season?????

I said this in another thread. He's great in the Championship - although he has off days at this level too. But he didn't cut it in the PL and wasn't wanted by any other team when Leicester off-loaded him - he could well make a squad player for a team in the bottom half of the Prem. Would he want to go there though? He likes the team spirit here; he's guaranteed a game and will torment second tier defenders. He could earn more money in the PL but he'll get any game time - it's not always best in the long run

Just for the record Leicester offered him a new 4 year contract but he chose to leave.

Ryde

Sep 22, 2005
Carisbrooke
Knockaert said he rejected the chance to continue at Leicester because he felt he was poorly treated upon the club's return to the top flight, having played such a crucial role in their promotion to the Premier League.

"I loved it there but I didn't deserve to be treated how I was last season in terms of playing games," Knockaert said.

"I thought I deserved better. That is why I wanted to leave.

"I had a very good relationship with the manager but it was hard last season. I think I was better than what I had.

"What I showed in Championship the year before should have meant more games to me last year.

"I thought I had the quality to play. But he [Pearson] didn't give me three games or four games [in a row] to show what I can show. Sometimes 15 minutes in a game, sometimes 10 minutes. But this is football."

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Knockaert said he rejected the chance to continue at Leicester because he felt he was poorly treated upon the club's return to the top flight, having played such a crucial role in their promotion to the Premier League.

"I loved it there but I didn't deserve to be treated how I was last season in terms of playing games," Knockaert said.

"I thought I deserved better. That is why I wanted to leave.

"I had a very good relationship with the manager but it was hard last season. I think I was better than what I had.

"What I showed in Championship the year before should have meant more games to me last year.

"I thought I had the quality to play. But he [Pearson] didn't give me three games or four games [in a row] to show what I can show. Sometimes 15 minutes in a game, sometimes 10 minutes. But this is football."

Fair enough. But I can't see too many clubs coming in for a player who thinks he should be a regular choice. He's quite right wanting that (and he's probably good enough) but not many sides would make him an automatic selection.

That probably explains why he didn't find another PL club when his contract was up. He either rejected any club that wouldn't guarantee him game time or clubs weren't prepared to offer that.

Whether he's a target or not this summer will, I guess, depend whether he's changed his attitude or whether a club is more accommodating

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here