Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This - he would have at least been on the bench when Kayal was also injured as we had no CM midfield cover at all. We would have been fooked if either Davy or Dale got injured.

Or Dunk. Even Murray before we signed Loccadia and Ulloa. That would have left us just Hemed as Baldock was still in the process of getting fit.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Or Dunk. Even Murray before we signed Loccadia and Ulloa. That would have left us just Hemed as Baldock was still in the process of getting fit.

True - although I think BFG could have at least stepped in for Dunk (can't remember when Connor got back but it was fairly early season ?) , but we had literally no CM cover.......guess we'd have had had to use Rosenior perhaps......

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Can expect that this will be on the recruitment team's mind. 1 x CM 1 x CB seem essential.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Knockaert was lucky to not miss most of the season.

I think it was this to which you refer....

deliberate.jpg

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
True - although I think BFG could have at least stepped in for Dunk (can't remember when Connor got back but it was fairly early season ?) , but we had literally no CM cover.......guess we'd have had had to use Rosenior perhaps......

Bruno innit

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Can expect that this will be on the recruitment team's mind. 1 x CM 1 x CB seem essential.

If we can keep Uwe and Connor l think we are ok in the CB position. Realistically to strengthen the squad we will need a replacement for Sidwell, Rosenior, Skalak and Baldock. Also for Ulloa if we don't sign him permanently...and possibly Bruno!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We have had quite a few injuries this season but aside from the investmnet in the medical and physio areas, we have a much better squad overall than I can ever remember. This has meant that players are given a proper length of time to rehabilitate after injury and are not thrown onto the pitch too soon.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Actually we have had a shocking load of injuries: Baldock, Kayal, Murray, Sidwell, Skalak, Brown.....how we have come through this season is anyone's guess. I blame either the bumpy facilities at Shoreham, or underskilled physios. Barber OUT.

You can also add Bruno to that list, he has been out recently with a back injury hence loosing his place to Schelotto

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
From the BBS: "Brighton have no fresh new injury worries...". Fresh is totally superfluous. How the weed have gone all season with next to no injuries is a mystery. Not wishing injury on any player, but it would be karma if it came back to bite them in the last 8-9 games.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Luck or not it's about bloody time. Injuries, bad decisions and suspensions screwed our promotion hopes at least twice. Long may it continue, although for the first time in ages I feel we have decent cover in most areas.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We absorb the injuries by having a squad of similar quality to the starters. I also believe we’ve had luck and of course have some of the best medical facilities in the country. You get what you pay for Palace fans.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
From the BBS: "Brighton have no fresh new injury worries...". Fresh is totally superfluous. How the weed have gone all season with next to no injuries is a mystery. Not wishing injury on any player, but it would be karma if it came back to bite them in the last 8-9 games.

Someone ought to point out we'll just bin off the last 8-9 leagues games to concentrate on the cup. :lol:

That'll cheer him right up :vuvu:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005

Vermin.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Have we just been incredibly fortunate with injuries this season, or is it down to other factors such as training routines, fitness levels and the medical team? Take a look at some of the relegation rivals and they often have half their squad out injured, or in the case of Palace, most of their squad!. Even Schelotto getting clattered and knocked out cold by a combination of a shoulder charge and forearm smash, is declared fit for today! We've been very lucky that all our key players have come thru the season relatively unscathed. The medical staff seem to be doing an amazing job. One group of many unsung hero's this season

Oh, ****ing WELL done.

:nono:
[MENTION=34222]MrSnuggles[/MENTION] two foots Dale Stephens. Yay.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I've followed Burnley for 40-plus years and this is the WORST season for injuries in all that time - I'm scratching my head how we managed to get any points and stay defensively intact to avoid some real thrashings in the period from late December to mid-February (about 12 games).

For quite a number of matches, we were missing 6/7 of the 11 who would normally be considered our first-choice starting XI...Heaton, Lowton, Tarkowski, Ward, Defour, Brady, Wood. Add Bardsley, Walters, Marney, Wells and Arfield to this and we've had a horrendous season injury-wise.

People go on about key midfielders and top strikers, but the man we miss most is Stephen Ward. Injured against Stoke on December 12 - the game before the Amex match - our record then was P17 W9 D4 L4. Ward missed the next 10 matches (W0 D5 L5) but was restored for the last 3 games (2 wins, 1 draw). Lucky charm or top, under-rated player? Charlie Taylor, his deputy, did quite well but has yet to enjoy a winning start in 10 attempts.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here