Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Alex Pritchard, etc

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Does this mean we get to destroy him again, like we did when he played for Norwich last season. At the Amex i mean, not at their place, when he rather destroyed Stockdale.

Stockers was just unlucky on that day. By the looks of him at the moment, he'd get nowhere
near the bloody ball if the same happened again.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Probably cause we agreed £4.7 mill for him , he’s done bugger all at Norwich and now he’s £11mill
Thought we agreed £8m for him?

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Some deluded people.

Pritchard is quality, he cost us the title last season.
Gross is better but would have been an excellent back up option considering gross only lasts 75 minutes (and also excellent level for championship where we will be in may if we don't sign at least two attacking players).

Sahko is an excellent signing. 1 in 3 strike ratio, a bit of pace and height. Exactly what we need. Oh and significantly cheaper than ze Luis who could be complete shite should we get him. Only risk with sahko is that he is a bit mental and injury prone.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Thought we agreed £8m for him?

That was Norwich

For the record I too think he’s a tidy player, other Prem teams have been put off due to how tiny he is , but if he gets time on the ball he’ll cause teams problems.

We won’t know if this is good business for Hudds till the end of the season .

But if we go down and they stay up it’ll be Pritchard having the last laugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
That was Norwich

For the record I too think he’s a tidy player, other Prem teams have been put off due to how tiny he is , but if he gets time on the ball he’ll cause teams problems.

We won’t know if this is good business for Hudds till the end of the season .

But if we go down and they stay up it’ll be Pritchard having the last laugh

Completely agree, when he scored last season against us at the end of the season I thought he may well have his day against us!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
That was Norwich

I've said all along that some footballers are just too small. If only Maradona and Messi were a bit bigger.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mooy. But Hudds always had an advantage over us with him. Otherwise, I agree with you. Well, excepting Richarlison but maybe they got lucky with that one, had you heard of him before?

But if we're talking just strikers, there's been none out there that have caught the eye - Abraham we kind of wanted, but he hasn't proved to be more than a bundle of promise (in a better team though.........?)

Mooy
Richarlison
Wood
Loftus-Cheek
Lemina
Arnautovic

Would also add Harry maguire to that list, would have been an excellent replacement for Dunk if he was to go at the end of the season

Chicharito - wages are way above our current wage structure, but feel that type of striker would offer us something different (and an upgrade) on what we currently have.
So in answer to the question 'who should we have signed?'

The answer would appear to be a list of players who:-

Are no better than the Albions 'cheaper' options - Mooy, Lemina, Wood.
Completely superfluous - Maguire.
Expensive loan deal - Abraham, Loftus-Cheek.
Or just expensive - Arnautovic, Chicharito.
&
Richarlison

I'd love for NSC to have pulled out some names that suit my view of our 'do it on the cheap' transfer dealings, but they just aren't there.

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That was Norwich

I've said all along that some footballers are just too small. If only Maradona and Messi were a bit bigger.

Millions of people have played football and you found two.

Well done

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Got to love NSC. Other clubs make signings and the folks on here call them ordinary or over priced players. :lolol:

Yet ourselves continue to drag our heels bringing in needed players. Same shit about not putting the club at risk. Yet if we go down we will lose millions and our best players :lolol: :facepalm:

Lets not get carried away, we're doing alright even without any new signings.

Massive signings are not always the answer, look at QPR in January 2013. They made two record signings in Chris Samba and Loic Remmy and still got relegated on 25 points.

Big signings don't guarantee anything.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Lets not get carried away, we're doing alright even without any new signings.

Massive signings are not always the answer, look at QPR in January 2013. They made two record signings in Chris Samba and Loic Remmy and still got relegated on 25 points.

Big signings don't guarantee anything.

We also have to bare in mind fatigue, injury, suspensions. We've been fairly lucky with this so far. A few of our first 11 go down injured and there isn't much depth, particularly in the middle and up front.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Really, really pleased with this. The #10 role is one that we never really sorted over summer, which is one of the big reasons for our lack of attacking threat. It also means that Ince (who has been really good for us, but playing out of position), can go out wide and be more effective. While £10-12m is expensive, if it works out as it reads on paper it will be worth every penny.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Really, really pleased with this. The #10 role is one that we never really sorted over summer, which is one of the big reasons for our lack of attacking threat. It also means that Ince (who has been really good for us, but playing out of position), can go out wide and be more effective. While £10-12m is expensive, if it works out as it reads on paper it will be worth every penny.

He certainly has potential and has looked very good in flashes at Norwich. Interesting to see how he goes

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We also have to bare in mind fatigue, injury, suspensions. We've been fairly lucky with this so far. A few of our first 11 go down injured and there isn't much depth, particularly in the middle and up front.

Agreed, but we also need not spend fortunes.

Our recruitment department have demonstrated an ability to find excellent bargains, so if we do sign anyone, its not the end of the world if they only cost £5m not £25m.

Our first choice starting 11 (15) are good enough to keep us up, anyone else added now is a bonus not a necessity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here