Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hemed to Reading?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
If we had signed a couple of strikers in the window I would take £4m but until we get more in we would need £10m to justify it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We're not really revisiting the Baldock doesn't score enough goals sh1t again, are we.

I thought last season it was conclusively proven we were a better TEAM with him on the pitch and scored more goals with him in the team!

This. Baldock is a fantastic player, adding pace, directness and he unsettles defences. Shame that he gets so many injuries.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Not quite right BEL. Just cast your mind back to others running down their contracts.... I'm sure there are negotiations going on behind the lines. Dale S is a perfect example as is Stockers... there were offers in and probably refused without us knowing the full facts.
But surely the point about Stephens is that we all knew that he had been offered a new deal but wouldn't sign?
A better example perhaps is Baldock. One year on his deal and is offered and signs a new contract unlike, as far as we know, Tomer Hemed.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Sidwell and Norwood both are as good doing the job that Kayal does if not better. Kayal was very good the season before last but was a huge disappointment when ever he played last season seems to have lost his edge.

Norwood clearly isn't as good which is why we're going to ship him out on loan. Kayal was excellent first portionof the season before he got injured. Siwell pefromed very welll but realistically doesn't have the legs for a PL 4-4-2. At the moment Kayal and Stephens will be the two starting against City (with Gross just in front).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Sidwell and Norwood both are as good doing the job that Kayal does if not better. Kayal was very good the season before last but was a huge disappointment when ever he played last season seems to have lost his edge.

When Kayal gets the ball, he looks to move forward. That makes him unique among our central midfield players.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's face it, £4 million doesn't buy Chris O'Grady's sock these days.

Sensibly we've turned Reading down.

Last edited:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
when Hemed was called upon if Murray was rested or out for any other reason he never let us down. He was also our top scorer the season before why do so many here underestimate him. He can do a job in the prem even if only as backup. We wont get another striker good enough or as good as for £4m now we are in the prem.

I agree with you, he's not the fastest, but is skillfull and committed. Can head the ball confidently and is the man in a goalmouth scramble, definately worth keeping even if as a squad player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have faith
We are going to sign 2 new strikers...

Can you assure me that they will Premier League quality? If so we are going to have a great season. I wish I had your faith though. We need a forward with genuine pace, when was the last time we landed one of those??

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Can you assure me that they will Premier League quality? If so we are going to have a great season. I wish I had your faith though. We need a forward with genuine pace, when was the last time we landed one of those??

I cannot give you reassurance or guarantees

Given recent strikers include Paynter, Obika and Best....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8032970 said:
Hemed out, Leo in - no brainer surely?
Wouldn't be surprised if that happened in the end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here