Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just How Rubbish is 1901, thoughts please

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There's nothing like an open mind :rolleyes:

Seriously, football and all this corporate stuff is just pricing out genuine fans, not my cup tea which I understand no-one gets now in 1901.........

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seriously, football and all this corporate stuff is just pricing out genuine fans, not my cup tea which I understand no-one gets now in 1901.........

I'd suggest that over 60% of the fans in 1901 are fans who were at the Goldstone, possibly gave Gillingham a miss and probably quite a few went to Withdean too. 1901 really doesn't have a corporate feel imo.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd suggest that over 60% of the fans in 1901 are fans who were at the Goldstone, possibly gave Gillingham a miss and probably quite a few went to Withdean too. 1901 really doesn't have a corporate feel imo.

You may be right or wrong, who knows.

Presumably the knocker boys might be selling the "I was shafted joining the 1901 club" lanyards shortly.

bhafcseagull

Jun 15, 2014
Surprised no one has mentioned the lift to the 3rd floor I'm seriously lazy and that's why I joined [emoji2]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I didn't appreciate that the prices went up to £2,074. Does that mean that, if we have no home cup games, that each match will cost £109 next season?

But the product is much better, seeing sweeping moves at pace and goals from the likes of Mane, Kane, Morata, Salah and
Lacazette.

There's a premium to pay for watching those greats, rather than routine wins against Rotherham and Burton.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
But the product is much better, seeing sweeping moves at pace and goals from the likes of Mane, Kane, Morata, Salah and
Lacazette.

There's a premium to pay for watching those greats, rather than routine wins against Rotherham and Burton.

If we get relegated a couple of times, we'll have the joy of seeing COG for (a bit) more money too. Can't wait.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I didn't appreciate that the prices went up to £2,074. Does that mean that, if we have no home cup games, that each match will cost £109 next season?

Middle tier, almost next to NW corner, one of the smaller ones.

Our seats are in line with penalty arc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
My point of view is that the 1901 members that will generally be moaning are the ones that thought they should get priority away tickets now we are in the premier league, but couldn't be arsed to go to away games in the championship. Well tough! I think the club are right to reward loyalty to those that regularly travel to away games.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Yes but don't you get a better class of compadre in 1901? Paying extra is mostly about keeping the riff raff out, surely? And with no riff raff, you may be allowed to have a glass of wine etc during the game. Just like watching at home on BT sport. If that's your thing then what's to complain about? It would cost you over two grand for the equivalent at Arsenal, and you'd have to travel up to London, and you'd have to put up with Arsenal, and their overweeningly self-entitled 'fans'.

No, you get Hove Bald and Dread with his pissed up yammering and oafish oddball behaviour.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My point of view is that the 1901 members that will generally be moaning are the ones that thought they should get priority away tickets now we are in the premier league, but couldn't be arsed to go to away games in the championship. Well tough! I think the club are right to reward loyalty to those that regularly travel to away games.

Couldn't be more wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here