Not necessarily in order but there was:-

Mavis
Ethel
Hilda
Freda
Enid

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Despite all that has been promulgated on here about Rooney, he lacks responsibility, crashing someones wedding and getting drunk is not an act of leadership, unless he wants the rest of the squad to do the same. So he wasn't training the next day, irellevant, as captain he should still be reporting at the training ground to oversee and be with the team. Do Mo Farah, Andy Murray, Lewis Hamilton, Ben Ainsley or Chris Froome conduct themselves in this way, no, so why do some seek to protect Rooney in these actions. Its the blindness that effects football and those who commentate on and follow it.
Rooney has access to more support systems than any of us on here and yet he continues to make blunder after blunder. As for his achievements, is he a Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton or Alan Shearer, no where near, is he a good captain not at all. He should not be lionised just another hugely overpaid footballer who uses his media exposure and even larger remuneration as a pass to behave badly. Should no longer be England captain and has now finished his England days.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Despite all that has been promulgated on here about Rooney, he lacks responsibility, crashing someones wedding and getting drunk is not an act of leadership, unless he wants the rest of the squad to do the same. So he wasn't training the next day, irellevant, as captain he should still be reporting at the training ground to oversee and be with the team. Do Mo Farah, Andy Murray, Lewis Hamilton, Ben Ainsley or Chris Froome conduct themselves in this way, no, so why do some seek to protect Rooney in these actions. Its the blindness that effects football and those who commentate on and follow it.
Rooney has access to more support systems than any of us on here and yet he continues to make blunder after blunder. As for his achievements, is he a Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton or Alan Shearer, no where near, is he a good captain not at all. He should not be lionised just another hugely overpaid footballer who uses his media exposure and even larger remuneration as a pass to behave badly. Should no longer be England captain and has now finished his England days.

What are all these blunders you refer to? Also, how do you know he crashed the wedding? Isn't it possible that someone saw him and invited him in?

What is clear is that you don't like him.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
And you think that was all down to Rooney. Sorry, but I thought football was a team game.

My original point and post was that Rooney was (in the context of England) proud of his achievements.
My issue was that is all fine and dandy - but how the hell has it given us any reason to be proud?
We've consistently under-achieved in weak groups and bottled it at tournaments.

And that is all the team.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Rooney in quote about his England career:

"I love playing for my country and I am proud of my achievements to date - but I have not finished yet."
BBC website.

Perhaps you could explain to us what we could be proud of and exactly **what** you have "achieved" in the last
15 years for England.

Because I see absolutely f**** all unless you see making the England team the world's laughing stock an
achievement.

If we're the worlds laughing stock, what the **** does that make Scotland? We were the laughing stock for one night - deal with it :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite frankly if he was out drinking he deserves to be crucified by the fans. He is a professional athlete and every thing he eats and drinks should be painstakingly calculated down to the last calorie by his medical team and dietitians. Maybe the reason he never progressed to fullfill his obvious talent is because he does not look after himself correctly.

So where's your thread crucifying Lallana & Henderson, who, that same night, drove 200 miles to a strip club, and were also drinking?
Rooney stayed in the hotel, and knew he wasn't playing in the friendly, due to injury.

If you think that professional players don't enjoy a drink, then you're very naive. Bruno was pictured in the Argentinian restaurant very recently with a glass of wine.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Where did you learn of him 'getting drunk'?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Bruno was pictured in the Argentinian restaurant very recently with a glass of wine.

Even worse as Captain, there were other players who not only saw this outrageous behaviour, but also partook in this sinful activity. I have had a word with the restauranteur, rest easy everyone, it won't be happening again.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Isn't it widely reported they invited him?

Lewis Hamilton is snapped in nightclubs far more than Rooney!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So where's your thread crucifying Lallana & Henderson, who, that same night, drove 200 miles to a strip club, and were also drinking?
Rooney stayed in the hotel, and knew he wasn't playing in the friendly, due to injury.

If you think that professional players don't enjoy a drink, then you're very naive. Bruno was pictured in the Argentinian restaurant very recently with a glass of wine.

Saw the back to back promotion team out drunk in Brighton most weekends!

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I don't give a monkeys about Wayne staying out late or getting drunk. But my contention is that anybody referring publicly to "my achievements" shows a disturbing lack of self-awareness, and is almost certainly a prize bellend. Anybody displaying that amount of ego deserved to be ridiculed.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wayne.... is almost certainly a prize bellend

Is he though?

The Sun have crucified him and he's defended himself. He's certainly done more in life than the vast majority of twats who work for Murdoch, unless you count hacking the phones of dead children an achievement.

Young man has a few scoops on a non-work day. There's no story, just shit stirring from the fourth estate.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Is he though?

The Sun have crucified him and he's defended himself. He's certainly done more in life than the vast majority of twats who work for Murdoch, unless you count hacking the phones of dead children an achievement.

Young man has a few scoops on a non-work day. There's no story, just shit stirring from the fourth estate.

You've taken me - literally - out of context. As I said, IMHO, anybody who sounds off about "my achievements" comes across a conceited ****. If that's how he chooses to defend himself, he probably needs a new PR person. And as I said, I literally could not care less about what he does in the drinking or staying-up late stakes.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Even worse as Captain, there were other players who not only saw this outrageous behaviour, but also partook in this sinful activity. I have had a word with the restauranteur, rest easy everyone, it won't be happening again.

I think we need to establish which wine he paired with his steak before we call for his head.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON

Jordan Henderson is teetotal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here