Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travel subsidy [NOT] being scrapped for next season?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How big is the parking facility at the training centre? How many cars could they aacomodate? Then use as a pre booked P & R for the west of the area. It would need to accomodate at least sufficient for a double decker bus. Which after use could be used for one of the other P & R.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Just got a text from the club, the announcement has been delayed by 24 hours, due to computer system errors

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I suspect fewer supporters will be using the racecourse anyway since they changed the route to go along the Lewes Road.

Anyone using the P&R on Tuesday best get ready to miss most of the first half.

TB

I used the racecourse yesterday and it went the normal way through Woodingdean and down the Falmer Road.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just got a text from the club, the announcement has been delayed by 24 hours, due to computer system errors

Nothing on the club website yet about a delay

Feb 14, 2010
Rail travel replaced by rickshaws. Proper pioneering stuff. Green too...

Id like to see a fleet of rickshaws pootling down the Lewes Road. How unique would that be !! How about a tram from Town to the ground up the Lewes Road? The taxpayer paid for Manchester to have a tram but I suppose thats the media loved Manchester. No chance Brighton would get the same.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Last time when there were tuc tucs the health and safety brigade and disgruntled taxi drivers got their own way

Feb 14, 2010
Last time when there were tuc tucs the health and safety brigade and disgruntled taxi drivers got their own way

To be fair, with all the regulations taxi's need, MOT, insurance and the like, you can see the taxi drivers point of view. Shame tho.. but a tuk tuk in January in the driving rain, with a Force 8 blowing in off the English Channel would not quite be Thailand anyway :) !

Pickles

May 5, 2014
How big is the parking facility at the training centre? How many cars could they aacomodate? Then use as a pre booked P & R for the west of the area. It would need to accomodate at least sufficient for a double decker bus. Which after use could be used for one of the other P & R.

Sshsh BG, we promised the good folk of Lancing that traffic would be minimal.

Let's keep them quiet for 3 years then we can add an hotel.

Anyone for a game of TB & friends monopoly?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Less than an hour to go.........

So exciting

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
You may think that the current arrangements are "a joke". They are nowhere near as funny as they could be, if the travel subsidy goes.

If all that Southern chose to run were four trains an hour from Brighton or Lewes to Falmer (two four coach trains and two three coach trains) your "competition with everyone else for the train you want" would almost certainly consist of you joining the back of a slow-moving queue that wouldn't get you on to a train until well after the match had kicked off.

You've obviously never had the joy of travelling west from Brighton Station after a match.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You've obviously never had the joy of travelling west from Brighton Station after a match.

Indeed the 17:33 was rammed last night

What a good idea a Travel lodge at £29 per room per night then P& R to the game.
When we get to the Premier League, we can all sit in our mate's hotel room and watch the game on Sky. Nobody need even think about having to travel to Falmer. At it'll only cost £29 for the whole party. Problem solved. Barber IN!

Feb 14, 2010
When we get to the Premier League, we can all sit in our mate's hotel room and watch the game on Sky. Nobody need even think about having to travel to Falmer. At it'll only cost £29 for the whole party. Problem solved. Barber IN!

Great plan, only thing is this is Brighton and there is little or no chance of getting a half decent team if the last 100 years is anything to go by. Dont you hail from Manchester? If so then the trams seem to work quite well albeit I've only used them once or twice. Would have thought a seafront tram from Bighton to Worthing and one up the Lewes Road to Falmer would be very popular.

This proves the point. Southern don't lay on extra trains simply because there are passengers who want to use them. They lay on extra trains because the Club have agreed to pay a subsidy. The subsidy obviously only covers the level of service between Lewes and Brighton, although it also includes free travel for ticket holders in the bigger area of the travel zone.

That's because, as Tom and Jerry said, there are computer system errors. I'm sure they'll post an item on the website about the delay just as soon as it's fixed.

Rubbish, total ****ing rubbish.

They are allowing the communications to be run by morons.

I hope all the happy clappers when it's good and the same people being boo boys when it isn't are happy.

I'm OUT.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Rubbish, total ****ing rubbish.

They are allowing the communications to be run by morons.

I hope all the happy clappers when it's good and the same people being boo boys when it isn't are happy.

I'm OUT.

I just picked up on the joke. The systems aren't really down, afaik. Sorry.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here