Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fifa in World Cup compliant. Tipping point ?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don't understand what it means. Could it be against the English FA?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The 'FIFA World Cup' is a farce.

I mean look at it, it isn't even a cup.

FIFA-World-Cup-Trophy-Large.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't understand that bbc page at all!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't understand what it means - what is the criminal complaint Fifa is lodging? Could it even be against the English FA?
Who cares if it is, that would just be typical of FIFA, ignoring their own corruption and trying to blame others.

What we know is:
FIFA will do whatever they can, through whatever means, to avoid losing their power.
No legal system will be able to stop FIFA doing what they do.
Change will only happen if either some major players leave, or the sponsors leave.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I read somewhere that the FBI is considering investigating them. That could be interesting...

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Are FIFA actually trying to nail someone else?

England. Because we were transparent and admitted to some minor stuff - even though it was apparently carried out with Fifa's blessing - unlike the Qataris and Russians (who happened to 'lose' all their computer files relating to their bid)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Are FIFA actually trying to nail someone else?
They're just trying to find some scapegoats (maybe some ex-FIFA officials or something equally weak).

Tw@tter has said they won't publish the report, because it would be against Swiss law. Firsty, Switzerland have laws? Secondly, I call bullshit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They're just trying to find some scapegoats (maybe some ex-FIFA officials or something equally weak).

Tw@tter has said they won't publish the report, because it would be against Swiss law. Firsty, Switzerland have laws? Secondly, I call bullshit.

FIFA are going to struggle to take anyone to court without providing the evidence ! I doubt they've thought about that though.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I read somewhere that the FBI is considering investigating them. That could be interesting...

They were talking about this on the most recent Guardian Football Weekly podcast - the general consensus was that the FBI probably have very limited jurisdiction of the goings on at FIFA.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FIFA are going to struggle to take anyone to court without providing the evidence ! I doubt they've thought about that though.
They'll easily provide evidence of a couple of isolated incidences without providing all their files. Also, they have chosen to make the complaint to the Swiss authorities. Are you confident they didn't discuss this with the swiss authorities already, and agree the verdict?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Who cares if it is, that would just be typical of FIFA, ignoring their own corruption and trying to blame others.

What we know is:
FIFA will do whatever they can, through whatever means, to avoid losing their power.
No legal system will be able to stop FIFA doing what they do.
Change will only happen if either some major players leave, or the sponsors leave.

Trigg,thank-you. This more than about football (for me) over 1,200 deaths so far in relation to Qatar. Facebook,this Twitter,actually see your MP.Let,s FORCE THIS.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There is a rumour doing the rounds that England will be " suspended" from any FIFA affiliated competitions if blatter's lawyers persue English fa for breaking the rules in the England bid.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'd put money on England about to be fitted up for the crime of speaking out against FIFA...you wait, the great revelation will be us for being rubbish at playing the corruption game ie getting caught for a very minor infringement or technicality after finally concluding if you can't beat em join em.

Because it's always our fault. Or our press. Everyone knows it was Paul Hayward, Henry Winter, Patrick Barclay etc who started the crowd trouble at Italy v Croatia. Ridiculously, some idiots are blaming FIFA and their lack of sanctions on Eastern European members who constantly violate their rules of governance....I mean, who the hell comes up with that sort of conclusion? That's right, it's them criminals again: the English press.

Last edited:

Red Side Of Sussex

Jul 25, 2009
There is a rumour doing the rounds that England will be " suspended" from any FIFA affiliated competitions if blatter's lawyers persue English fa for breaking the rules in the England bid.

Good.
We stood alone in 1940, so I'm pretty confident we're get by without these little Hitlers and their corrupt attempt at ruling the world of football.I just hope the FA have the bottle of old Winston.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here