Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom breaks his silence.. to Andy Naylor

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Doesn't this thread illustrate that a lot of this stuff isn't straight forward?

People like [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] reckon you just let a manager get on with it - he chooses the players for the club and that's it.

Well one manager let Murray walk away for nothing and paid £3m (or whatever) on CMS. Another let Barnes go and variously brought in Lita, Obika and Rodriguez.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
What gems has Burke found? None of the summer signings look like an investment. Poyet has raked in millions for BHA. For every duff signing Gus made he probably unearthed two decent players. I would much rather give a manager control over signings then Burke who has yet to convince me.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
What gems has Burke found? None of the summer signings look like an investment. Poyet has raked in millions for BHA. For every duff signing Gus made he probably unearthed two decent players. I would much rather give a manager control over signings then Burke who has yet to convince me.

He also got the club to pay a record transfer fee for a player that was never suited to his style of play.

And in so doing, let a player leave, who ended up going to our arch rivals, who then proceeded to score 30 league goals as they made the play-offs and earned promotion to the premier league.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Doesn't this thread illustrate that a lot of this stuff isn't straight forward?

People like [MENTION=3734]Giraffe[/MENTION] reckon you just let a manager get on with it - he chooses the players for the club and that's it.

Well one manager let Murray walk away for nothing and paid £3m (or whatever) on CMS. Another let Barnes go and variously brought in Lita, Obika and Rodriguez.

Well if it was easy we'd all be managing teams in the Premiership! No one will get all their decisions and tactics right and in the Championship the margins are pretty fine between success and failure. However, we seem to be making more poor decisions at present than we should be. We need to correct this quickly so that the guys in charge aren't forced into a decision on SH that they would prefer not to have to make.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bloom? I thought DK was still the DICKTATOR back then? I also thought that we signed him from Rochdale?

Maybe I have a short memory :lolol:

At the time it was reported that it was some winnings from Bloom that paid for him. It could have been Knight signing him tho.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
one manager let Murray walk away for nothing and paid £3m (or whatever) on CMS. Another let Barnes go and variously brought in Lita, Obika and Rodriguez.

As I said earlier, I don't think Garcia did let Barnes go, it was a decision made elsewhere but we're not party to all the contract negotiations so we don't know for sure. I guess that's what you mean when you say things aren't straightforward

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Why the name change?

Superbez was never meant for posting, it was a sign up name to register and read. It annoyed me every time I looked at it plus a new job with multipul brighton fans calling me by my 'nickname' meant I was gonna get found out soon. No doubt they have all seen this by now lol oh well...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Superbez was never meant for posting, it was a sign up name to register and read. It annoyed me every time I looked at it plus a new job with multipul brighton fans calling me by my 'nickname' meant I was gonna get found out soon. No doubt they have all seen this by now lol oh well...
That went well!

Sorry to have drawn attention to your new handle.

:down:

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Barry Lloyd picked him out, Tony Bloom paid for it, Dick Tight took the credit.

Barry said he knew we should sign him after watching him warm up for a few minutes. Burke and his cronies typically watch players 5-6 times and still churn out duds.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Barry said he knew we should sign him after watching him warm up for a few minutes. Burke and his cronies typically watch players 5-6 times and still churn out duds.

Lloyd did sign Johnny Dixon around the same time, but he got more right than wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here