Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Ince playing the race card

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
How many apply?

That's the point, I am not the one making sweeping statements that the Rooney rule is not the way forward. The point is that we do not have enough black managers, so is it because not enough apply or is it that they are not given the chance. We know racism exists in football as well as sexism and the FA need to address it.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
There are a lot of good ex-managers out there not working , perhaps they shouldn't expect to go straight into a football league/Premier league club , I am sure if they are ex-professionals they can start off in non-league football and pretty easily get a job there and work their way up and get experience along the way , NOT expect to walk into a job in the professional leagues and use the race card because of it .

Do it the Nigel Clough way and build up your career !

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
That's the point, I am not the one making sweeping statements that the Rooney rule is not the way forward. The point is that we do not have enough black managers, so is it because not enough apply or is it that they are not given the chance. We know racism exists in football as well as sexism and the FA need to address it.

The Rooney Rule wont achieve anything though IMO, the problem occurs before the point of managers applying for jobs. The line 'there are no decent black managers' in my eyes is a valid one, so the question you need to then ask is why arnt there?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
On Sky this morning someone said there are only 14 non-white people (as they put it) with the requisite badges to be a manager. Ince piped up with "I'm one of them."
Kammy also said that football doesn't work like that. When a manager gets the sack there is usually another lined up. There is rarely a formal process of advertising a position and interviewing prospects, so it's difficult to see how the Rooney Rule would work here. Talks sense sometimes does Kammy!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Never forget him sitting in the centr circle avoiding eye contract with El Tel in the Euro 96 semi. The self styled ' Guvnor' didnt have the balls to take a penalty. There are many out of work managers with a damn sight better pedigree than 'the Guvnor'....

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Never forget him sitting in the centr circle avoiding eye contract with El Tel in the Euro 96 semi. The self styled ' Guvnor' didnt have the balls to take a penalty. There are many out of work managers with a damn sight better pedigree than 'the Guvnor'....

Took one against Argentina in 98 . . . And missed.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
fa0bpg.jpg

Also, I can't believe none of the producers had a word about the way he was sat :lolol:

Looks like he's preparing to let rip.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
positive discrimination is an ironic way to describe it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Really horrible bloke and a shit manager. Where as Powell is the complete opposite.In fact i wouldn't mind having Powell here before he went to Udders.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
The Rooney Rule worked in the States, and the same arguments against were used. I don't see why it is different here. Try it. What is there to lose?

Because it's morally wrong to fast-track an interviewee based purely on their ethnic background. Surely this is the definition of racism?

Positive discrimination is still discrimination.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here