Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Have the Daily Express made their winter prediction yet? I want to know what it isn't going to be like.

Yes, yes: the snowpocalypse was forecast last week, you'll be pleased to know. Though as of today, they're still publishing temperatures in Fahrenheit. It's when they switch to Celsius that you know the new Ice Age is upon us. Probably around Tuesday.

57ad97beaac72f2eeb301b36ae87a364.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yes, yes: the snowpocalypse was forecast last week, you'll be pleased to know. Though as of today, they're still publishing temperatures in Fahrenheit. It's when they switch to Celsius that you know the new Ice Age is upon us. Probably around Tuesday.

57ad97beaac72f2eeb301b36ae87a364.jpg

That's terrific news, I'll keep my shorts out then.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Isn't that the same headline the Express and Daily Mail used last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, interspersed with Headlines on Cancer, Immigration, Nazis, NHS, and Ebola on a 6 day rotation?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I just hope the Daily Express keep going with all their scare-mongering headlines about the weather.

It seems that whatever they publish, the opposite happens.

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Isn't that the same headline the Express and Daily Mail used last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, interspersed with Headlines on Cancer, Immigration, Nazis, NHS, and Ebola on a 6 day rotation?

And 'Phew. What a Scorcher' or 'A Heatwave Summer Forecast', normally around April, EVERY year.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
Saw the first gritter out in Worthing tonight.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If you like cold, last night was the only cold night for a while. Changeable and milder for a while now, and no sign of any snow in the next fortnight

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
evening papa...whats your take on the Daily Express view on the hardest, coldish winter and deepest snow in 10,000 years....

November the 9th and I was out all day in a T shirt.....

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
evening papa...whats your take on the Daily Express view on the hardest, coldish winter and deepest snow in 10,000 years....

November the 9th and I was out all day in a T shirt.....

Bollox

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here