Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton For Ireland Manager ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He doesn't need the money and the chance to manage your country doesn't come around too often.

Neither does the chance to manage a team at the highest club level, place your own stamp on it, and not keep looking over your shoulder.

I think he will go to Ireland. But not for some time to come.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If Chris reads all the doubters on here with his negative tactics he'll walk to Ireland for the job

I very much doubt Chris could give a flying fvck at a rolling donut about anything thats written on here, much less make drastic CAREER decisions based on the prattling grizzles of a handful of bored officeworkers.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
This is the one vacancy that really scares me. If they want him, he'll go.

Not sure what you're scared of - we've just bought £50million of attacking talent and Hughton is teaching them to defend or how to sit on a bench . We havent shored up the midfield and stand little chance of many points between now and Christmas . This is the perfect way out for everyone - time for a change i say

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The bookies have this right, McCarthy must be nailed on for this. He's cheap, available, and has the experience. I'll be surprised to see them take a punt on anyone else.

Not that I know anything - I honestly don't but let me throw a name into the ring, if they decide, lets go for youth and enthusiasm. They are now in pot C of the European Qualification Leagues so they have scope for being experimental because opposition will be less stringent

Liam Rossenior ???

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
If Chris reads all the doubters on here with his negative tactics he'll walk to Ireland for the job

Im no doubter - but I know what ive seen and thats a team defending - even at home . Expensive purchases on the bench and no risks taken at all . If it wasnt for the lucky 9 points ( and they were pretty lucky - should have been 4 max) we 'd be in the bottom 3 / 4 . So it's not been a good season for Hughton and it will probably get worse . Injuries don't help him and he's a splendid chap but maybe now is the time for some fresh blood ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not that I know anything - I honestly don't but let me throw a name into the ring, if they decide, lets go for youth and enthusiasm. They are now in pot C of the European Qualification Leagues so they have scope for being experimental because opposition will be less stringent

Liam Rossenior ???

Are you alright ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Maybe we can encourage him to stay by making him Deputy Deputy Chairman ? ???

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Are you alright ?

I am absolutely fine. Not as daft as it sounds

They have a history of doing this - In the 90s or 2000s they promoted Brian Kerr from the U18s as coach and brought Chris as an experienced coach as his assistant. Maybe they would go down that route again if they had been given cause to have faith in someone with ability who is an up and coming talented coach ???

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

They have a history of doing this - In the 90s or 2000s they promoted Brian Kerr from the U18s as coach and brought Chris as an experienced coach as his assistant. Maybe they would go down that route again if they had been given cause to have faith in someone with ability who is an up and coming talented coach ???

You could be right !!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/foot...m-rosenior-targeted-republic-ireland-13601943

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

But Brian Kerr had an experienced background in managing and coaching in Ireland, and then with the Irish U18s before he was appointed. Many of the players knew him from that.

Liam is a lower-division journeyman who started his coaching career literally in the last few MONTHS - I doubt he even has the badges yet. Catapulting him into the Irish national team job would be bonkers !

[edit] LOL, just seen the above link. That is MENTAL :lolol: (even if it is just for the U21's)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But Brian Kerr had an experienced background in managing and coaching in Ireland, and then with the Irish U18s before he was appointed. Many of the players knew him from that.

Liam is a lower-division journeyman who started his coaching career literally in the last few MONTHS - I doubt he even has the badges yet. Catapulting him into the Irish national team job would be bonkers !

[edit] LOL, just seen the above link. That is MENTAL :lolol: (even if it is just for the U21's)

Liam certainly does have his badges and he did them with the FA of Ireland.

[tweet]1058035627567005697[/tweet]

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Hughton will go no further in Premier League Management than us.
His stock is high and the International job for his country would surely be hard to turn down.
He may never get another chance.
Would expect the FAI to sound him out first if they have any sense.
The cost would not necessarily be an issue as they tend to not always relay on their funds to pay managers salary.
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/international/o-brien-to-make-funds-available-for-new-manager-1.1523864

Failing that I expect another contract offer from us.....

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Liam certainly does have his badges and he did them with the FA of Ireland.

[tweet]1058035627567005697[/tweet]

He didn't - the "FA of Ireland" is the Republic, whereas the crest on that Licence is the Irish FA (that is, the Northern Ireland FA).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He didn't - the "FA of Ireland" is the Republic, whereas the crest on that Licence is the Irish FA (that is, the Northern Ireland FA).

My apologies I thought Ireland Football Association, as in blue on the card, meant the Republic.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

'Lower-division journeyman'?? He hasn't played below Championship level since 2004 and made 141 Premier League appearances for Fulham, Reading, Hull and Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here