Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Massive

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Large accounting losses like us, but the gamble failed and now they're bound by FFP. Chansiri is now trying to persuade the pigeon fanciers to take out 5 year season tickets to give a huge one off cash boost.

View attachment 94925
Wages to turnover 126%. Ouch. As I've mentioned before, most Wednesday [emoji23] fans I know didn't even know what FFP was until recently. Many are still confused....

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_2467.PNG

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
That chasing pack aren't half reeling Wolves in. That lead was Man Cityesque not so long ago. A loss to Dirty tomorrow and things could get real interesting.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That chasing pack aren't half reeling Wolves in. That lead was Man Cityesque not so long ago. A loss to Dirty tomorrow and things could get real interesting.

Sheffield Utd's fall from early season pace setters has been even more spectacular.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

To be fair, they are 7 clear of third with a game in hand and 8 clear of fourth with two games in hand.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Anything to laugh at Wednesday :lolol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
They're already calling for the manager to go - he hasn't been there three months yet.

What a mess.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Presenter moaning about Burnley who have a huge history.

If Burnley do qualify for Europe against the odds, I may fancy calling Jason Mohammed on 606 suggesting the Clarets could "gift" or "sell" their place to Massive Wednesday or Champions of Europe (Leeds) because those two clubs have so many more fans and therefore it would "make more people happy".

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If Burnley do qualify for Europe against the odds, I may fancy calling Jason Mohammed on 606 suggesting the Clarets could "gift" or "sell" their place to Massive Wednesday or Champions of Europe (Leeds) because those two clubs have so many more fans and therefore it would "make more people happy".

Another massive defeat at home for Massive, League One is still possible next season

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

They couldn't afford it.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I like to have a look at the Massive "Owls Talk" occasionally and they were convinced that with Chansiri's investment that getting to the PL was a forgegone conclusion until it all started to go "pear-shaped" with the play-off final loss to Hull.

They've splashed out a fortune on injury-hit and/or ageing players on their way down - for a start, there are 3 ex-Burnley players all getting huge wages by Championship standards and lengthy deals at that. Both Dave Jones (33) & George Boyd (32) left Burnley because the Owls were offering longer deals and it is the same for a former Claret, Steve Fletcher (31 this month) who has been injured half the time since arriving at Hillsborough.

Derby, another club with a foolish owner, are the same - they've signed players in decline like Chris Baird (36), Curtis Davies (33), Tom Huddlestone (31), Dave Nugent (32). Experience is vital but not too many "oldies".

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here