Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Uwe returns home to Paderborn sv

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
I remember when he accidentally ended up in the stand against Leeds and that moronic Leeds fan aggressively pushed him. I think Uwe handled the situation really well as he could have easily reacted to the idiot.

Optimized-Screen-Shot-2017-03-18-at-18.20.24-1000x600.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
His brilliant header from a corner (yes he headed it) across the area to Murray, ensured we beat Palace and knocked them out of the FA cup.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Top player, top bloke. Best of luck to him. I wish he wasn't leaving but can completely understand why he is.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I remember when he accidentally ended up in the stand against Leeds and that moronic Leeds fan aggressively pushed him. I think Uwe handled the situation really well as he could have easily reacted to the idiot.

View attachment 96621

You missed out a bit. The moronic Leeds fan aggressively pushed him into another Leeds fan in a wheelchair.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Echoing everyone else - a model professional and one of the best players to not play enough for us. Never did I worry when he was included in the squad.

Good luck Uwe, i'll be looking out for your progress as you settle back home. Thanks for everything.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Understandable that he wants to go somewhere and play, particularly with it being his old club.

As others have said though, a shame to see such a great professional leave the club. He was always solid and committed when called on, and never seemed to complain abot his lack of game time.

All the best to him.

Well said.

A true professional.

Feel a bit fed up about it, I know players come and go, but everything about Uwe is class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coxovi

NSC Patreon
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
All the best and a great luck to him. Was an asset to the club in every way and example of what the club stands for.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Great pro and very sorry to see him go. He never let us down when asked to step in and never showed any rancour at the limited game time. Best of luck, BFG.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Model professional. Great to see him playing at BHA. Good luck to him

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A great signing for us, a class act.

Good luck for next season Uwe, you'll always be welcome here in Sussex.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
If only more footballers had the class of Uwe, I'll miss him big time. I was hoping that we'd offer him a 2 year contract as a back up. Paderborn are very lucky, probably what they thought when he signed for us!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Really great player for us. If he reads this or someone prints this out and sends it to him, can I wish you all the very best.

You were a class act

Best of luck in the bundesleiga.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
If only more footballers had the class of Uwe, I'll miss him big time. I was hoping that we'd offer him a 2 year contract as a back up. Paderborn are very lucky, probably what they thought when he signed for us!

Pretty sure we did, he wants first team football. Good luck to him and Paderborn.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Uwe had a fans page on Facebook and posted this morning.

https://www.facebook.com/Uwe-Hüneme...dtgn6j5iX8HzHo_QUKHi27j8W2-N4yhCIPf34&fref=nf

Every time comes to an end. I’ve been in Brighton for pretty much 3 years and i really can say, I enjoyed my time here. As a team we’ve been successful in these 3 years, missed out on promotion in a dramatic way, then got promoted in a convincing style and proved this year, that we are more than capable to stay in the Premier League. Hopefully the club can maintain the premier league status for a long long time!! I would have liked to play more often, no doubt about that, but the long term injury in my first year has thrown me back quite a lot. But I came back and performed whenever I was called up. I’ve worn the Brighton shirt always with a lot of pride and I’ll take a lot of great memories with me back to Germany!
I’d like to say thank you to my teammates, to you supporters and to the whole staff in and around the club, who let this amazing club running!! Be proud of the club you supporting or working for.
I will definitely come back rather sooner than later, because this club has a special place in my heart 💙
Keep in touch with you!!

The mighty German

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here