Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST revoked for touting Arsenal game? Now with PB response (post #306)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I wonder if that's where I should list the Everton ticket I bought, can't use and there is no valid approach available to me other than to lose £30 and get a bonus "you didn't use your ticket you're not getting loyalty points" email from the club?

Don't see why not , it seems a well run sensible fan based scheme that i seem to remember having the option to use on NSC once upon a time

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Try Googling Brighton Football tickets.......Several ticket agencies are selling Brighton Tickets in both home and away supporters areas at hugely inflated prices openly and for all to see. Surely this is what the Club should and could stamp out. Why do they turn a blind eye to this ?

To follow up. When people buy tickets from these dodgy sites and the club can identify the tickets being sold, then when the purchasers turn up at the Amex they are refused entry and given one of these letters.

STH letter.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To follow up. When people buy tickets from these dodgy sites and the club can identify the tickets being sold, then when the purchasers turn up at the Amex they are refused entry and given one of these letters.

View attachment 94954

Must has come as a shock to the recipient at the turnstile.

Very determined and organised by the club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Must has come as a shock to the recipient at the turnstile.

I'd be shocked if a supposedly professional organisation gave me a letter as badly worded as that, yes. Someone on work experience presumably. It truly is appalling.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Tickets being passed between friends & family isn't by the rules as STs are non transferrable, but this hasn't led to this issue, this has been when an ST holder has tried to profit from selling their ST to a 3rd party they in all likelihood don't know for profit.

One more time. This has gone way beyond people trying to profit. It is collecting anyone who advertises a ticket they can’t use. I’ve not heard of any other club going to such lengths (though obviously happy to be shown that there are others).

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
One more time. This has gone way beyond people trying to profit. It is collecting anyone who advertises a ticket they can’t use. I’ve not heard of any other club going to such lengths (though obviously happy to be shown that there are others).

Precisely, don't advertise tickets then? Simple no?The club can enforce their terms and conditions of sale. I don't see why people are struggling with this.

Sure, this used to be more lax and the genuinely ignorant fans who did advertise tickets with no intent of personal gain are due sympathy but how else will the club clamp down on this without taking action?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

As others are saying, don't advertise!!! It really is that simple. If you are dumb enough to advertise you are dumb enough to 'sell' your ticket to anyone that offers the price you are asking without being too bothered whether they are likely to cause trouble or even support the away team!!

Your mate that was advertising, exactly how much was he selling the ticket for?

The truth is the club have an obligation to the membership groups to ensure tickets are sold in order of the priority set out at the time. If people have paid for a membership which entitles them to get tickets then they will be understandably aggrieved if others who haven't given that commitment are getting tickets from other sources. Where I agree with others is that there should be a better 'offiicial' ticket exchange. £25 rebate on next years season ticket with a limit of 6 occasions when you can do this (and no doubt you only get the rebate if your ticket is subsequently sold which, in view of the sell outs we're having, shouldn't be a problem).

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I'd be shocked if a supposedly professional organisation gave me a letter as badly worded as that, yes. Someone on work experience presumably. It truly is appalling.

However, not withstanding and going forwards, vis a vis, approbate, mange tout, innit?!
Lol

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I don't think they do, where the club become aware of non authorised sites selling tickets they look to close them down. I believe that where the website is overseas then the clubs hands are tied as the sellers are effectively outside of UK jurisdiction.

Whether they actually have the tickets they offer, or just take your money and leave you disappointed an out of pocket, I have no idea as I wouldn't use one of these sites.

Is it possible that Everton are just a bit slow... and haven't spotted the informal ticket exchange run by grandoldteam.com since 2012? Maybe the Albion should get in touch with them and let them borrow our sledgehammer?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Precisely, don't advertise tickets then? Simple no?The club can enforce their terms and conditions of sale. I don't see why people are struggling with this.

Sure, this used to be more lax and the genuinely ignorant fans who did advertise tickets with no intent of personal gain are due sympathy but how else will the club clamp down on this without taking action?

As others are saying, don't advertise!!! It really is that simple. If you are dumb enough to advertise you are dumb enough to 'sell' your ticket to anyone that offers the price you are asking without being too bothered whether they are likely to cause trouble or even support the away team!!

The truth is the club have an obligation to the membership groups to ensure tickets are sold in order of the priority set out at the time. If people have paid for a membership which entitles them to get tickets then they will be understandably aggrieved if others who haven't given that commitment are getting tickets from other sources. Where I agree with others is that there should be a better 'offiicial' ticket exchange. £25 rebate on next years season ticket with a limit of 6 occasions when you can do this (and no doubt you only get the rebate if your ticket is subsequently sold which, in view of the sell outs we're having, shouldn't be a problem).

BUT. These aren't cheap tickets. I get to go to three or four home games a season because of where I live. You have to buy the tickets a long time in advance because the tickets sell out. So I bought tickets for me, my daughter, and my parents as a treat, all bronze members, to go to the Chelsea game back in November. Then life gets in the way, and its not possible to go. But I've still got £150 worth of tickets that I can't use, I can't give them back to the club, they're basically not re-sellable EVEN though the game is sold out and there are many genuine Brighton fans who want tickets, and they'd be worth up to £200 in resale value at full adult price, and if I can't sell them then I can't afford to buy tickets for the next game the four of us can go to, Leicester. Its a lot of money. So what would YOU do? I advertised them on here, however because three were concessions I couldn't get takers. But I've done it before and I've always made sure the person I'm selling to has a posting history on NSC.

In what other walk for life can you own something worth £150, want to sell it, have people wanting to buy it, and not be allowed to sell it? Its ridiculous.

Anyway in the end I did manage to sell two of the tickets to a Dad and his son, friends of a friend and occasional Brighton fans from Tunbridge Wells, and convinced my parents to go without me, and all enjoyed the game and have since independently bought further tickets to the Amex as a result. So if you're reading this, ticket-investigation people, rather than censoring me for having sold my tickets on, you can thank me for successfully marketing your product.

I'm NOT saying there should be a free-for-all and anyone can sell to anyone. I AM saying that the club should extend the ticket exchange to non-season tickets and away tickets, or allow a better controlled NSC exchange. Combatting ticket-touting isn't just about the stick, there should be a carrot as well.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
BUT. These aren't cheap tickets. I get to go to three or four home games a season because of where I live. You have to buy the tickets a long time in advance because the tickets sell out. So I bought tickets for me, my daughter, and my parents as a treat, all bronze members, to go to the Chelsea game back in November. Then life gets in the way, and its not possible to go. But I've still got £150 worth of tickets that I can't use, I can't give them back to the club, they're basically not re-sellable EVEN though the game is sold out and there are many genuine Brighton fans who want tickets, and they'd be worth up to £200 in resale value at full adult price, and if I can't sell them then I can't afford to buy tickets for the next game the four of us can go to, Leicester. Its a lot of money. So what would YOU do? I advertised them on here, however because three were concessions I couldn't get takers. But I've done it before and I've always made sure the person I'm selling to has a posting history on NSC.

In what other walk for life can you own something worth £150, want to sell it, have people wanting to buy it, and not be allowed to sell it? Its ridiculous.

Anyway in the end I did manage to sell two of the tickets to a Dad and his son, friends of a friend and occasional Brighton fans from Tunbridge Wells, and convinced my parents to go without me, and all enjoyed the game and have since independently bought further tickets to the Amex as a result. So if you're reading this, ticket-investigation people, rather than censoring me for having sold my tickets on, you can thank me for successfully marketing your product.

I'm NOT saying there should be a free-for-all and anyone can sell to anyone. I AM saying that the club should extend the ticket exchange to non-season tickets and away tickets, or allow a better controlled NSC exchange. Combatting ticket-touting isn't just about the stick, there should be a carrot as well.

I’m not having a go but you do seem to want the club to organize it’s ticketing around your particular requirements. You have been very vocal in making suggestions, all of which suit you best. I’m thinking of your opposition to loyalty points amongst other things.
Regarding your current suggestion perhaps the club just don’t want an ever expanded secondary market in home tickets where people are able to buy tickets without a commitment to attending the game. Once purchased they can then sit on the tickets whilst deciding whether to go or not and thus prevent someone else from having them. I can’t help but feel that once again you are not seeing this from other people’s point of view.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

So you can’t advertise a ticket bought from the Albion, but it’s ok if you support any other club in the country.

I’m beginning to think Barber has succeeded in brainwashing everyone apart from Bozza and me into not being able to see that they’ve gone way OTT on this mission of theirs.

Calling people “genuinely ignorant” does you no favours. It isn’t / was t ignorance, it’s understanding the moral difference between trying to make a profit and circumstances changing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

All this is pretty rare though........though I agree there should be a single, simple secondary market for tickets that can’t be used, whether STs or match-by-match purchases. If there was, people would be less inclined to find other ways of trying to offload them. The current, manual ‘survey monkey’ bollocks with a voucher is rubbish.

Odd that the club have seemingly invested in smart technology/outsourced support to allow people to move seats (wouldn’t think demand for this is that large) without addressing the bigger issue. Would have though the technology is out there to deal with both at the same time.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I’ve said it several times, he advertised it for less than he paid. It was last minute when he found he couldn’t go, so even the club limiting the selling pool as that point is a bit silly. It was advertised to a Brighton fans group and the purchaser was checked out to make sure they were a BHA fan.

Where we’re all you lot while the ticket exchange forum was functioning adequately on here? Nobody was reprimanding people who found they couldn’t go then, we’re they?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’ve said it several times, he advertised it for less than he paid. It was last minute when he found he couldn’t go, so even the club limiting the selling pool as that point is a bit silly. It was advertised to a Brighton fans group and the purchaser was checked out to make sure they were a BHA fan.

Where we’re all you lot while the ticket exchange forum was functioning adequately on here? Nobody was reprimanding people who found they couldn’t go then, we’re they?

I haven’t read all the posts so am a bit ignorant on this, but didn’t the nsc exchange and any others become redundant when the Albion ticket exchange became active this season due to so many games selling out early?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So you can’t advertise a ticket bought from the Albion, but it’s ok if you support any other club in the country.

I’m beginning to think Barber has succeeded in brainwashing everyone apart from Bozza and me into not being able to see that they’ve gone way OTT on this mission of theirs.

Calling people “genuinely ignorant” does you no favours. It isn’t / was t ignorance, it’s understanding the moral difference between trying to make a profit and circumstances changing.

I've avoided this thread, but had a look at this page, and it's generated an interesting range of cases. I think your last sentence is key. If we stay in the PL, the current situation is going to continue. The club are usually quite adept at finding solutions to problems, but they seem to have fallen short on this issue. They have season ticket waiting lists, why not create something similar with lists for specific matches once they've sold out, and those with purchase histories can buy from those that can't go? Which might be something along the lines of a functioning, effective ticket exchange.
Barber's constantly stated that he wants the stadium full, as it improves the atmosphere. He's bright enough to identify a solution.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Absolute nonsense from Barber and his boys & girls. The semi literate epistle tells you all you need to know about these people.

Good to monitor touting websites and clamp down on organised profiteering. Well done. I'm not actually bothered about an individual trying to make a few quid if they can't go to a game - but I don't like the idea of people with money jumping the queue (especially away fans buying home tickets but also JCL "Seagulls fans"...).

Ridiculous to extend this effort into the realm of ordinary Albion fans passing on tickets at face value to other recognisably ordinary Albion fans.

Put the energy into providing a decent official Ticket Exchange and then all these power-crazy ways might become justifiable...!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Genuinely unaware, didn't mean offence.

The club do not have time to consider morality once people have been found in breach of their terms and conditions of sale. Hopefully this thread has raised awareness and recent cases will stop genuine fans advertising their tickets publicly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here