Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] World's Hardest Creature XI: Nominations

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The chap has the world at his feet and can lift over 1000 times it's own body weight and walk off with it into the sunset , so i nominate the Dung beetle , it's well ard .

main-qimg-a5d7d326e25caf390a8c6642841ca0f4

What a load of old shyte but i will second this as it reminds me of last nights Palace team , plus you make lovely tea , cakes a bit iffy though :lolol:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Cockroaches??? Don’t make me laugh!!! Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...........The Tardigrade

122DBAA4-59AE-45C6-86FE-B7C5B2EC62C6.jpeg

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I have been waiting for this. Last year he made it through the groups but then get an awful write up in the next round. There was some clear favouritism going around

The worlds hardest creature is the bulldog ant he is a nutter, has chased humans has a sting that is one of the most painful things on the planet and has this little write up from National Geographic

'Picture a wasp with its wings ripped off, and you'll have a good approximation of a bulldog ant.'

'more "advanced" ants such as carpenters can quickly recruit aid by sending chemical signals to their nestmates—an ability bulldogs lack. With her superior vision, however, a bulldog hunter can race around a carpenter ant, leap onto its back, and thrust in her stinger before her bewildered victim has a chance to marshal a counterattack. Primitive, perhaps. But she gets the job done.'

'Australia's tenacious ants hunt alone, getting by on a potent combination of vision, venom, and sheer ferocity. ... Fearless and belligerent, the inch-long bulldog ant of Australia uses her sharp vision and venomous stinger to track and subdue formidable prey'

Here it is taking on and beating a wasp:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_thoOeQw0

Finally, here is its' WORLD RECORD for being a head mental animal
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-dangerous-ant

#TeamAnt

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I have been waiting for this. Last year he made it through the groups but then get an awful write up in the next round. There was some clear favouritism going around

The worlds hardest creature is the bulldog ant he is a nutter, has chased humans has a sting that is one of the most painful things on the planet and has this little write up from National Geographic

'Picture a wasp with its wings ripped off, and you'll have a good approximation of a bulldog ant.'

'more "advanced" ants such as carpenters can quickly recruit aid by sending chemical signals to their nestmates—an ability bulldogs lack. With her superior vision, however, a bulldog hunter can race around a carpenter ant, leap onto its back, and thrust in her stinger before her bewildered victim has a chance to marshal a counterattack. Primitive, perhaps. But she gets the job done.'

'Australia's tenacious ants hunt alone, getting by on a potent combination of vision, venom, and sheer ferocity. ... Fearless and belligerent, the inch-long bulldog ant of Australia uses her sharp vision and venomous stinger to track and subdue formidable prey'

#TeamAnt

Seconded. Forgot about it.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I will second this but there was controversy last year because it was deemed that Tardigarde is a species. I suggest that we go for the Ramazzottius varieornatus which is the most stress-tolerant of the Tardigade species.

I bow to your superior knowledge and agree!!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If nobody has seconded the Cape Buffalo I will.

They are hard as nails like a load of stuff in SA. We got up one morning with a hippo in the pool (tht was in St Lucia where they wander the streets after dark and it isnt considered safe to walk home), not kidding and they used to regularly have to get the local reptile guys out to get rid of black and green mambas from my daughters school

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The nominations are now CLOSED!

Thank you all for your efforts. Watch this space as the group stages will appear in the next day or two or three.

Also thanks to Kalimantan Gull for your fulsome explanation. Perhaps the follow up to WHC should be World's Hardest Thing. That's a suitably elastic term. Then we could have anything from a slug to malaria to the sellophane wrap on DVDs.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia

#TeamAnt

I got stung by one of these and can vouch that it was very painful.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
But you’re still alive??? Nowhere near hard enough for inclusion then.

It was mighty close though, as I had my youngest daughter on my shoulders at the time.
Just couldn't shake it off my toe, it had to be prised off.
If she had fallen from that height there could have been a fatality !
Anyway, why didn't the Moray Eel get seconded, much harder than most of those other creatures...........well some of them.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
But you’re still alive??? Nowhere near hard enough for inclusion then.

Sounds pretty damn hard to me

The bull dog ant earned its name because of its ferocity and determination during an attack. It is extremely aggressive and shows little fear of human beings, stinging a number of times in quick succession and therefore injecting more venom with each bite. In an attack, the ant will hold on to its victim with long, toothed mandibles, curl its body underheath and thrust its long barbless sting into the skin. On a few occasions this sting has been enough to kill adults within 15 minutes.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Sounds pretty damn hard to me

The bull dog ant earned its name because of its ferocity and determination during an attack. It is extremely aggressive and shows little fear of human beings, stinging a number of times in quick succession and therefore injecting more venom with each bite. In an attack, the ant will hold on to its victim with long, toothed mandibles, curl its body underheath and thrust its long barbless sting into the skin. On a few occasions this sting has been enough to kill adults within 15 minutes.

It was bloody painful as I had to first carefully remove said daughter from my shoulders, I couldn't just drop her as she was only 7 years old, all the while this ant is clamped on and only then could I get it off.
The toe swelled up by about 50 % and antihistamines were used to treat it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lowest Degree of Working/Obedience Intelligence[edit]
Understanding of New Commands: 80 to 100 repetitions or more.
Obey First Command: 25% of the time or worse.[18]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Intelligence_of_Dogs
Basset Hound
Exactly. It's a dog, but not like you know it. It don't take shit from no one, it does what the hell it likes. They lull their prey into a false sense of security with their innocent 'I didn't do it' face. Well I'll tell you what, they did do it, they're as guilty as hell, and they've eaten the evidence.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sorry all. Nominations closed about three days ago. Stash 'em for 2019. The Bull Moose looks worth a punt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here