Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did this story start ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
November 15, 2009.
Southampton 1 - 3 Brighton.

Thought this as soon as I saw the thread title. One of my all-time favourite away days.

You really got the sense that the tide was turning from that game. Still couldn't have even entertained the notion that we would soon be on the cusp of Premier League football in our 30,000-seater stadium back then, mind.

D

Deleted User X18H

The General upturn for me started at Northampton in around March 2000.

Since then 3 Championships 4 promotions 1 relegation. Zamora, Ulloa Vicente et el.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The first time I went to the Amex other than a tour arranged by Keelo for Nigel Bushfire Erskine and my wife was that Doncaster game. When the teams came out and I looked round to the row behind us where some of my best mates where and I saw the tears in their eyes will stay with me forever. I think this is my 50th season (56 now) supporting The Albion and I 've spent more timing cursing than anything else but I pray for the younger brigade that they feel what we felt at Newcastle all those years back.

Back on track though when I knew Bloom was more than a poker playing wide boy. To think I genuinely thought that for a while.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bloom authorizing the signing of Vicente with Poyets vision and ambition

For me, it's slightly before that - the signing of Mackail-Smith.

Whilst it didn't end up going as well as everyone hoped, the fact that we weren't just named alongside other larger teams for his signature (Leicester & West Ham IIRC?) but that we BEAT them to it - a real sign of intent and that we weren't just here to make up the numbers, but to build ourselves as a force in this league.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
As much as i loved the withdean i still find it amazing how far they have come. From a running track of a ground where i use to go to watch fireworks (on firework night not the rocket man) and playing league 2 footy. To having a real state of the art ground and possibly being in the prem next season... What a contrast the last decade has been from the decade before. Incredible journey.

Brighton has it's home and i really feel a whole new generation of fans will start to grow now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here