Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Being picky...what little things would you change at The Amex?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
You've probably worked this out already, but the stairs at the south end of WSU are about 2/3rds of the north end (enough to make a significant difference for some people).

I have problems NOW with the south end and I say problems that have developed since I purchased my ticket with my heart and lungs. So thanks to Thunder Bolt I will look at the North stand option, or it will be the end of having a STH for me. This prospect does hurt after being a STH at the Goldstone, Preistfield, Withdean and The Amex.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
There is a choice of more than one.

So ? Power failure, If the fire alarms went off, there would be no lifts.

There is usually more than 1 lift in a block of flats as well. Doesn't mean that they won't all stop at the same time.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

Can see the headlines - 'hundreds perish as no lifts to take infirm and elderly from top tier of football stand'

Jospeh

Oct 28, 2016
One set of stairs out of WSU should be express. Every single game I leave at full time rushing to get in the train queue only to get held up as people idly dawdle down the stairs. Drives me nuts.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There is usually more than 1 lift in a block of flats as well. Doesn't mean that they won't all stop at the same time.

Can see the headlines - 'hundreds perish as no lifts to take infirm and elderly from top tier of football stand'

It's easier to walk down than walk up, but then you knew that. Those that cannot walk are in a fireproof area for wheelchairs.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

So no disabled person in wheelchairs ever live in upper floors of flats then?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

in every evacuation plan I have ever seen in public places (I used to manage multi screen cinemas with disabled access issues) the instruction is NOT to use lifts in an emergency as they are death traps if the power goes off. Public buildings have "safe" areas for those unable to use stairs to wait for the emergency services.Whilst I agree everything practicable should be done to assist those not fully abled, there is personal responsibility here. If you are unable to make use of the stairs in an emergency, then I believe that the onus is one the person concerned to move to a different area- I find it hard to believe that the club would not facilitate such a move.

One set of stairs out of WSU should be express. Every single game I leave at full time rushing to get in the train queue only to get held up as people idly dawdle down the stairs. Drives me nuts.

Also if people struggle with the amount of steps they should do two steps at a time instantly halving the amount to be climbed #thinkingoutthebox:moo:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
- A new microphone for Richie Reynolds in the hope that the mic is why we can't hear him.

- Safe standing so that those of us who like to watch their football the "old fashion way" and sing and shout our support, can congregate together

- Smoking area outside the ground for half time. Other clubs (Charlton, Wolves, Reading, MK Dons off the top of my head) seem to manage it!

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
I'd put some bins under each of the milk/sugar/sauce areas. Saves either having to carry hot teabags to a bin (which can be difficult with a tea in one hand and a pie in the other) or, as most people do, just leave their rubbish on the shelf.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Thanks for that info, I will certainly try this area before deciding I cant make those steps anymore and stop going. And if it is OK I will see if my family would consider transferring with me, as I believe this area has the same pricing as WSU wings.

Same applies to N1A and N1B.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
I would move the WSU section where I sit down to the ground level and put the WSL section higher up (basically swap them around).

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Move away fans adjacent to the North Stand. Would make the atmosphere much better.

I would have the North Stand as an all standing terrace, but as that's not allowed, I'd go for the more realistic option of safe standing.

These two things together = Great noise for longer periods of the game. I remember at Reading (yes, Reading) last season thinking how great it was that their singing section was so close to the away fans and the banter we had. Absolutely loved it, and I think that if we had that, it would really benefit the atmosphere. Imagine playing Palace, they're in the East Stand, we've just gone 3 up and the North Stand all stand up unison, face the scum and chant "WE ARE BRIGHTON! SUPER BRIGHTON!" They would sh*t their pants.

Dare to dream.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Sound through the TV's in the North concourse.

Always see the interviews after the game, never hear them!

Same in WSU. Peeves me that for a Sky game those of us that bothered to get off our arses and attend can't hear an interview with CH or our MoM whereas armchair neutrals up and down the UK can.

Also, has anybody ever mentioned that catering in WSU could just possibly have a little headroom for improvement?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here