Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My concern

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
That is minimal and unexpected as in the Southampton v Spurs game in 70 due to crowd trouble they kicked off 5 mins after us so finished 5mins after us knowing we had won so a draw sent them both up. As a result they played the game out in the centre circle for 5 mins. Is that right and what we want again?

well if it comes to that we shall have to be devastated and be prepared to pick ourselves up for the play off's....a 2nd chance the team of 78 did not have.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
My major concern is that on 7th May a fans protest at The Valley could mean that match kick off being delayed as Southampton v Spurs in the stich up. What can the FL do to avoid this I can only think of extending half time for all games if needed so the 2nd half all kick off together. Any other ideas?

What exactly is it that you fear Charlton and Burnley can do to their mutual advantage that can stitch us up?

NB. Remember, Stains and Spurs both benefitted by playing out a pre-arranged meaningless draw.....................................

Last edited:

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
What exactly is it that you fear Charlton and Burnley can do to their mutual advantage that can stitch us up?

NB. Remember, Stains and Spurs both[/} benefitted by playing out a pre-arranged meaningless draw.....................................

I personally think hhe's having a moment

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
That was in answer to your point that fans have a right to protest and if it is for an hour then delay kick off at all games for a hour. With modern technology and conference calls it is easy for the FL to be in contact with all games and when all are ready to proceed give the ok to kick off. Thereby giving no team an advantage.

If they delayed kick off an hour than the games would still be being broadcast at 3pm which is not allowed.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
My major concern is that on 7th May a fans protest at The Valley could mean that match kick off being delayed as Southampton v Spurs in the stich up. What can the FL do to avoid this I can only think of extending half time for all games if needed so the 2nd half all kick off together. Any other ideas?

1 game at a time.all we need to worry about is 3pm sat 23/4/16.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have completely lost the will to live. Normally I agree with your posts, BG, but this time, you've killed me :shootself

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Nobody understands my concern that if we draw and Burnley know this with 5 or 10 mins to go in their game it gives them the advantage of knowing a draw for them would possibly be ok. Is this fair, I dont think so and as such the FL should ensure that all games start at the same time. If not why do they stipulate a 12.30 kick off for all games irrespective of TV.

Everybody understands your concern. Nobody agrees with it.

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea

I deem you officially insane.

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013
That is minimal and unexpected as in the Southampton v Spurs game in 70 due to crowd trouble they kicked off 5 mins after us so finished 5mins after us knowing we had won so a draw sent them both up. As a result they played the game out in the centre circle for 5 mins. Is that right and what we want again?

Stains were already promoted. Spuds needed a point. Spuds fans were very naughty at that time causing agg wherever they went in the 2nd division. The local plod would not have been able to cope with the spuds fans not being very happy if they had lost therefore a draw was always going to be the result that kept everybody happy. That result also gave the stains the title. Win win as far as those 2 teams were concerned. My most vivid memory was of stains golden boy of the time, Tony Funnell ??? scoring for fun in the later part of the season, hitting the post from about 3 yards, he would have scored 99/100 throughout the season. I still believe he miskicked but if he did score, spuds would have been "allowed" to equalise just to keep the peace. My opinion of how the game was played out of course.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003

Just at this moment, if that is your major concern then you seem very confident indeed.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Do you spend all your time searching all situations for possible negatives. I notice you've not mentioned Hughton's mistake in not bringing an extra striker in recently. Obviously too busy worrying about this instead.

I think 9 goals in 2 games dispelled that theory

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Never mind the Charlton game, my question is do we have enough forks at the Amex for the Derby game?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Nobody understands my concern that if we draw and Burnley know this with 5 or 10 mins to go in their game it gives them the advantage of knowing a draw for them would possibly be ok. Is this fair, I dont think so and as such the FL should ensure that all games start at the same time. If not why do they stipulate a 12.30 kick off for all games irrespective of TV.

They will know anyway - there's a remarkable thing called a "radio" and also "the internet" that broadcasts these incidents to fans and managers who will make sure that their players know immediately. Surely you've seen the buzz that goes round a ground when rivals concede or score at these matches. The requisite people will know as soon as it happens

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm deeply concerned about whether the cheeseburger cheese will be above or below the meat at the Derby game.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Come back the Rev all is forgiven:moo:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
My concern at The Amex is STILL, after all this time, the till training. Every time, if the cost is say £15.40 and you give £20.40 in eager anticipation of being returned a nice crisp Lady Godiva, it causes a look of total bewilderment followed by a confused huddle, calls for a supervisor and climaxing sadly in a handful of (usually incorrect) shrapnel.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
My concern at The Amex is STILL, after all this time, the till training. Every time, if the cost is say £15.40 and you give £20.40 in eager anticipation of being returned a nice crisp Lady Godiva, it causes a look of total bewilderment followed by a confused huddle, calls for a supervisor and climaxing sadly in a handful of (usually incorrect) shrapnel.

I worry about this too... especially as I thought most of them were students from the nearby universities?

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Sweet mother of god, what a thing to be concerned about BG!

Really, I mean, really, how much of a difference is it going to make anyway? We have to get the job done ourselves and Burnley aren't going to change their game based on how things are going for us - they'll be playing bully hoofball no matter what. The simple mitigation for your concern is for us to have it sewn up in the first 45 minutes. ;)

Although the scenario Easy has depicted could of course play out. Charlton fans delay the entire league long enough that all games run out of time and are declared 0-0.

If that happens, we can simply do the same at every game next season and go up by nature of alphabetical advantage. Villa and Blackburn as automatic and us at Wembley! GENIUS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here