Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Lydon...

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
...is on South-East Today shortly, "talking about his memories of punk gigs on the South Coast".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I miss NMHs contributions and LA memories whenever John Lydon is mentioned on NSC :)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
On supporting Budgie at Hastings Pier: "They were awful that night, but that's alright cos we were worse." :smile:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Remember as a kid playing friggin in the riggin on the record player in the lounge and My Mum having a blue fit. Happy days.

When I was at school I got called in to see the deputy head, my English teacher was in his office and they both didn't look happy, then the deputy head produced my English book and went mad, I was struggling to work out what the problem was, I had stencilled Sex Pistols on the cover and was shouted at to cover the book as soon as I got home.

I did cover the book with an advert from a music paper for the Pistols latest single. :p

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
On supporting Budgie at Hastings Pier: "They were awful that night, but that's alright cos we were worse." :smile:

I was there!!! I remember little of The Pistols in my drunken haze that night. I do remember the audience being mainly made up of gimps with long hair and Grateful Dead T Shirts sitting crossed legged on the floor and 'not getting' the Pistols. In fairness, it was the embryo of the punk era and few of us did.

Yes, Budgie were a shit band and I never liked them. Who knows why I even went to see them?

Hastings Pier? That was THE place to be in the 70's! Spent many a misspent night there. Hopefully it will be restored to its former glory one day.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Excellent night with Lydon at the De La Warr. Didn't sign any books though, too many people. Fascinating man with great depth and truth be told, couldn't be any more unlike the character people think he is.

Gave his Winnebago a few blasts of the horn when we overtook as it headed for Brighton for tomorrow's signing session in appreciation of a great evening.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here