Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who's top of your list of bands/acts not yet seen live but desperate to?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Luckily seen Bowie numerous times, mostly quite brilliant bar the Glass spider tour which was a mess right from the start and probably his weakest ever tour. Showman is an understatement he is probably the most iconic musician still alive in my view. Was and always will be way ahead of his time in understanding sound and vision.

I like a lot of the Beatles later stuff and to this day find Strawberry Fields Forever to me is perhaps one of the greatest music tracks ever and to some people I am quite certain would not believe when they recorded that.

For me I have a simple one - Hall and Oates, always thought they were a brilliant band in their time and still are.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
The two bands who I haven't seen and would love to see are The Allman Brothers and The Grateful Dead.
I've seen Greg Allman on his own, Devon Allman on his own and with Royal Southern Brotherhood and Dickey Betts with Great Southern but it would be wonderful to see the band all together. I realise it's not the same without Duane but would like to see them. They'll never come over though.
Never seen any of the Dead and,again,after Jerry Garcia died it wouldn't really be the same but would be fun. Again it's highly unlikely that they will ever come over

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Luckily seen Bowie numerous times, mostly quite brilliant bar the Glass spider tour which was a mess right from the start and probably his weakest ever tour. Showman is an understatement he is probably the most iconic musician still alive in my view. Was and always will be way ahead of his time in understanding sound and vision.

I like a lot of the Beatles later stuff and to this day find Strawberry Fields Forever to me is perhaps one of the greatest music tracks ever and to some people I am quite certain would not believe when they recorded that.

For me I have a simple one - Hall and Oates, always thought they were a brilliant band in their time and still are.

Saw Hall & Oates at Hammersmith this year, brilliant and a huge tick of the list for me.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Would love to see Gabriel, Hackett, Banks, Rutherford, Collins lineup of Genesis. Was born a bit too late. Also Yes circa 1978 were by all accounts incredible live.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Desperate to, only Killing Joke, but I fear that ship has sailed. They played a greatest hits show here at a small sub 1,000 capacity venue in May last year (or was it this year, my memory is so shite nowadays) and I was on holiday with my family. You can't have it all.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia

The Glass Spider tour was crap wasn't it? I saw that at Wembley Stadium, huge let down.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Glass Spider tour was crap wasn't it? I saw that at Wembley Stadium, huge let down.

It was dire, we were annexed in Birmingham at the time so saw it at Maine Road as was.

The only redeeming factor was Frampton was in the touring band.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Radiohead, Daft Punk and Prince. I'm lucky in that I have seen everyone else.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Actually add Ty Segall and Kate Bush to my list. Just remembered I cannot see Ty next month.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
QOTSA
Sleep
Kyuss
Acid Bath
Boris
Sunn0)))
Faith No More

Now I did see Faith No More at the Portsmouth Pyramids in 1995 - cracking set list, Mike Patton was on top form:

Cuckoo for Caca
Be Aggressive
Midlife Crisis
The Real Thing
Land of Sunshine
Digging the Grave
We Care a Lot
Easy (Commodores cover)
Introduce Yourself
The Gentle Art of Making Enemies
Surprise! You're Dead!
What a Day