Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Easter Bunny CD 2015

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Mine arrived today :clap:

Very amusing 'The Oscar is Dead' front cover, disc had me in stitches as well :lol:

Will provide photos and a review tomorrow evening.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Mine arrived today :clap:

Very amusing 'The Oscar is Dead' front cover, disc had me in stitches as well :lol:

Will provide photos and a review tomorrow evening.

Now, we haven't even seen the tracklisting yet, but it already seems pretty obvious who the sender might be.......

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Now, we haven't even seen the tracklisting yet, but it already seems pretty obvious who the sender might be.......

Your skill in guessing the sender is so fine tuned that you can now do this from just the cover details! Respect is well and truely due.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Your skill in guessing the sender is so fine tuned that you can now do this from just the cover details! Respect is well and truely due.

Not that clever - someone's new avatar just caught my eye. Struggling with Willyfantastic and HKFC's bunnies though. Might hazard a guess when I've given it some thought.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not that clever - someone's new avatar just caught my eye. Struggling with Willyfantastic and HKFC's bunnies though. Might hazard a guess when I've given it some thought.

Mine has already outed himself - [MENTION=12124]Stoo82[/MENTION]

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
[MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION]

Not sure. I saw them at The Great Escape this year and although they were OK, they were a tad disappointing. There was a band on just before called Tigertown - check them out, nice easy going music (I've never been one to describe music well, but I know what I like) , and she is sexy as hell. Also from Australia.

In fact here is what I consider their 'best song' I've heard... I've not heard a dud one yet...

[yt]yXdW3D4rLjI[/yt]

Last edited:

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Here is my review:

1. Walk on in Darkness / Ezra Furman - Liked this one, good rhythm. Couldn't help thinking about Deirdre Barlow listening to this.
2. Amber Veins / Eagulls - The three R's, repetition, repetition and repetition. Unfortunately not the best use of it.
3. Donny of the decks / future of the left - "So much for Tony Blair, the stink of sex is undeniable" :lol: Great track.
4. Delorean Dynamite / Todd Terje - Loved this one, great beat and tune.
5. Red Eyes / The War on Drugs - Another good tune.
6. This is the last time / The National - Great opening, building into a sad but nice track.
7. Did you have to / Jagwar Ma - Reminded me of a FIFA song, very much liked it.
8. Revival / Deerhunter - Been a great CD so far, this track keeping with the mood and quality
9. Strong / London Grammar -Loved the way this one built up then strolled along calmly and unobtrusively, the audio equivalent of a walk in the country. Very nice indeed.
10. We could forever / Bonobo - Instrumental, this one was okay, not great though.
11. Melody Day / Caribou - Hmmm, as before, nothing against it, just neither here nor there.
12. Interference / Breton - The fuzz of the synth, the sampled strings, great track.
13. The Wheel / S O H N - Nicely ambient
14. Motorcade / Tom the Lion - Good track, liked the way it ebbed and flowed.
15. Gratitude / The Beastie Boys - What can you say, fantastic band and a great track to finish the album off.

Overall a great album and plenty of artists for me to investigate further, thanks Bunny. As for my guess: Could it possibly be [MENTION=21347]JamesAndTheGiantHead[/MENTION] ?

Edit: I'll get the pics up tomorrow

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
7. Did you have to / Jagwar Ma - Reminded me of a FIFA song, very much liked it.

As for my guess: Could it possibly be [MENTION=21347]JamesAndTheGiantHead[/MENTION] ?

Edit: I'll get the pics up tomorrow

I think that was actually on the 2013 FIFA Soundtrack. If it wasn't that, then Jagwar Ma were definitely involved. And yes, I was the avatar wielding idiot that posted your CD.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I think that was actually on the 2013 FIFA Soundtrack. If it wasn't that, then Jagwar Ma were definitely involved. And yes, I was the avatar wielding idiot that posted your CD.

Ah knew I'd heard it somewhere before. One of the best things about your CD was how few of the artists I'd heard of, you've set me on an odyssey of discovery this weekend!
Well thanks once again for the CD, loved the Sherwood touch :lol:

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
Ah knew I'd heard it somewhere before. One of the best things about your CD was how few of the artists I'd heard of, you've set me on an odyssey of discovery this weekend!
Well thanks once again for the CD, loved the Sherwood touch :lol:

What do you mean by 'Sherwood touch'??

There's clearly been an incident at the Post Office.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
1. Walk on in Darkness / Ezra Furman - Liked this one, good rhythm. Couldn't help thinking about Deirdre Barlow listening to this.

Interesting/Uninteresting claim to fame: The guy playing saxophone on this track just added me on Facebook after he spent the entirety of The Great Escape following us around and trying to shag my friend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here